Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this improvement should be added to sentinel?

• YES! ABSOLUTELY, Now the unfairly banned players will have a fairer chance. :)

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No, sorry I do not see this as being a good improvement.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
So this suggestion I will be making will have no cons in my opinion and I believe will help out the rare few that get banned and their appeals denied. I have compressed each section into spoilers for your convenience :)

You just got banned by sentinel but you were not hacking, falsely banned. You decide to go appeal and let them know that you were not hacking and you got denied, You messages @CrazymanJR But you still got denied. Now you sit without an account and no way to prove you were hacking, you would have recorded if you knew that you were going to get banned but you did not know that this would happen.

So this improvement will be a small one but will make it much easier on the staff members to know whether someone has hacked or not and give an unfairly banned player a chance. I am suggesting to make it so that when sentinel bans you, instead of it banning you immediately it will give you a warning in chat letting you know that in 2 minutes you will be banned from the server. With a code in chat, this ensures that if they leave the server and rejoin the message will not be there so if they try to record staff will know. This gives them chance to open up a recording software and record their screen and when they get banned. This will also give them the opportunity to show their mc files right after the ban, WITHOUT EDITING OUT any parts to prove that they do not own any illegal modifications. They are then able to submit the video with the appeal and staff will be able to see the message in chat, when staff see the message in chat on the video they will know that he did not leave the server so he could not have deleted the hacks, then they will be able to determine whether or not he is guilty or not depending on the quality of the video. NO Not the resolution, the quality of the content, whether or not he showed enough proof for the staff to agree that he owns no illegal modifications. Keep in mind, this will help the vanilla players that do not use any hacks of any sort and get the EXTREMELY rare chance of being banned by sentinel unfairly. This will also decrease the messages that staff get on the people saying that they did not have a chance to record their screen and would of and might stop some people from lying. Keep in mind you will always get that 1 person who lies and still says they couldn't but this suggestion will at least give the player the chance to prove that he is innocent.

NOTES:
1 - If you agree with this improvement then please vote yes on the poll, It will help out.
2 - If you disagree with this improvement then please let me know in the replies why not.
3 - If you neither agree nor disagree but want to tweak or add something of your own, Post it in the replies and I will consider adding it to the Community Tweaks section.
4 - Please read through the whole thread and it's replies to avoid double posting or confusion :)
5 - Lastly. Have a wonderful day :)

*This suggestion has been getting a lot of support and a lot of feedback as to why this would not work. As of now, @Lezappen Has found a major issue with this suggestion. Lezappen ~ There are Ghost clients that are able to self-destruct themselves including its files.~ Now this will bring up a big issue as they will be able to self-destruct start recording and get unbanned. So I have asked for the suggestion to be Locked as it is no longer a realistic Improvement*

Last edited:

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
It would be better yes, so players don't look at their screen and watching "I got unfairly banned, and they won't unban me" But there's one thing. Not every players had a screenrecorder, and can't prove anything. (Idk If a screenshot works)
I think Sentinel is good enough as it is now!
indeed it is. But his suggestion is to give players a message (warning) in chat and then they can record their screen to prove they aren't using hacks. (If I readed it correctly )
Anyway Nice suggestion and Goodluck!

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I think Sentinel is good enough as it is now!
I think you might have misunderstood :). This is merely to help the community of players that get unfairly banned which clearly happens so this will make it better :). I would highly suggest to just read carefully through the suggestion again :)

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
CubeCraft has got appeals, the server doesn't need this.
Like I said, it does happen where the person gets's banned and they do appeal and that gets denied as I mentioned in my original thread, this does happen, This will also make it easier on staff as staff constantly get messages about people saying it was unfair and etc. Someone of them lie and some of them don't. I think it would be important enough to add even if it can help that 1 or 2 people a day or a week :)

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Like I said, it does happen where the person gets's banned and they do appeal and that gets denied as I mentioned in my original thread, this does happen, This will also make it easier on staff as staff constantly get messages about people saying it was unfair and etc. Someone of them lie and some of them don't. I think it would be important enough to add even if it can help that 1 or 2 people a day or a week :)
Yes okay, you convinced me, I like this thread, 1+

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
By explaining what they were doing when they got banned to CrazymanJR they could potentially be unbanned.

Yes some valid movements trigger the anti cheat and there's a chance you'll get banned for it. Therefore make sure to give a detailed explanation of what happened so CrazymanJR can look further in to it.

Most players who got "unfairly" banned did use some illegal modifications or macros, so please don't believe everyone. It's always easy to make it look like you're good towards everyone else while you actually aren't.

The suggestion given on this thread isn't the best one in my opinion. Some clients don't show on your screen and it's easy to make a cut somewhere and edit aspects.

Therefore I'm against this idea.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
By explaining what they were doing when they got banned to CrazymanJR they could potentially be unbanned.

Yes some valid movements trigger the anti cheat and there's a chance you'll get banned for it. Therefore make sure to give a detailed explanation of what happened so CrazymanJR can look further in to it.

Most players who got "unfairly" banned did use some illegal modifications or macros, so please don't believe everyone. It's always easy to make it look like you're good towards everyone else while you actually aren't.

The suggestion given on this thread isn't the best one in my opinion. Some clients don't show on your screen and it's easy to make a cut somewhere and edit aspects.

Therefore I'm against this idea.
I see where you are coming from, But like i mentioned that editing or cutting will make the evidence automatically denied, as well as the issue where crazymanjr gets a lot of messages a day of getting unbanned like the staff said in the staff-help to countless players who had to contact them, This addition might make it less for crazymanjr as then the process will be going through the appeals much better. Some people are not good at explaining things and I certainly do not think that if they are not good at explaining it is their last hope. This will add a way for the player to prove their self better in the appeal process. This also, as far as I can see, has no disadvantages if added :). Thank you for the feedback though

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
So this improvement will be a small one but will make it much easier on the staff members to know whether someone has hacked or not and give an unfairly banned player a chance. I am suggesting to make it so that when sentinel bans you, instead of it banning you immediately it will give you a warning in chat letting you know that in 2 minutes you will be banned from the server. With a code in chat, this ensures that if they leave the server and rejoin the message will not be there so if they try to record staff will know. This gives them chance to open up a recording software and record their screen and when they get banned. This will also give them the opportunity to show their mc files right after the ban, WITHOUT EDITING OUT any parts to prove that they do not own any illegal modifications. They are then able to submit the video with the appeal and staff will be able to see the message in chat, when staff see the message in chat on the video they will know that he did not leave the server so he could not have deleted the hacks, then they will be able to determine whether or not he is guilty or not depending on the quality of the video. NO Not the resolution, the quality of the content, whether or not he showed enough proof for the staff to agree that he owns no illegal modifications. Keep in mind, this will help the vanilla players that do not use any hacks of any sort and get the EXTREMELY rare chance of being banned by sentinel unfairly. This will also decrease the messages that staff get on the people saying that they did not have a chance to record their screen and would of and might stop some people from lying. Keep in mind you will always get that 1 person who lies and still says they couldn't but this suggestion will at least give the player the chance to prove that he is innocent.
Even if hackers get banned and don't close their Minecraft, they can still just delete the hacked client out of their Minecraft very easy. If you are falsely banned and you know exactly what you were doing before you got banned, you have a much bigger chance of getting unbanned than just saying ''Please unban me, I didn't use hacks!''. CrazymanJR knows how he has to look at the logs and knows whether you were hacking or not. The logs of a player are a sort of 'the key' for CrazymanJR.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Even if hackers get banned and don't close their Minecraft, they can still just delete the hacked client out of their Minecraft very easy. If you are falsely banned and you know exactly what you were doing before you got banned, you have a much bigger chance of getting unbanned than just saying ''Please unban me, I didn't use hacks!''. CrazymanJR knows how he has to look at the logs and knows whether you were hacking or not. The logs of a player are a sort of 'the key' for CrazymanJR.
I do understand that but keep in mind, you are not able to remove files that are currently in use by Minecraft, this includes mods and hacks. Thus making it impossible for them to delete any modifications, legal or illegal without closing his Minecraft :)

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
But like i mentioned that editing or cutting will make the evidence automatically denied,
Editing becomes more and more real. Sometimes you can't even see something is edited. Therefore I'd say no to this method.

This also, as far as I can see, has no disadvantages if added :).
Players will be able to use their clients or macros 2 more minutes on the server. I'm sorry but that's a pretty big disadvantage.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I do understand that but keep in mind, you are not able to remove files that are currently in use by Minecraft, this includes mods and hacks. Thus making it impossible for them to delete any modifications, legal or illegal without closing his Minecraft :)
That's true, but you can also just close Minecraft and delete the file and say ''I don't have hacks. Here, take a look at my folder.''

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Editing becomes more and more real. Sometimes you can't even see something is edited. Therefore I'd say no to this method.

Players will be able to use their clients or macros 2 more minutes on the server. I'm sorry but that's a pretty big disadvantage.

As for the first problem, with this analogy, staff do accept appeals if the person has a video for them before they got banned, So staff should not be accepting these as editing is becoming much more realistic. I do see your points as to what you are saying and I do respect your view. In my opinion, You will be able to see if someone has editing something in the video :) On a second note. If a player is hacking and someone reports him, he can go on for about an hour or 2 continuing to hack on the server so sentinel is much better. I personally think that the 2 minutes will indeed make a difference and will allow him to continue hacking for only 2 more minutes but in my opinion, I believe that this is a good trade if it has even the chance to help a legit community member out :).

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
That's true, but you can also just close Minecraft and delete the file and say ''I don't have hacks. Here, take a look at my folder.''
This is true, but keep in mind if they leave the server and they show their screen before they get banned and do not stop recording, then you will be able to see in the video of them deleting the file, If they leave and delete the file and rejoin the server and start recording like I said in the thread, it will make the message not be there anymore from sentinel so staff will know that he restarted his Minecraft left and rejoined the server to disable to hacks :)

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
This is true, but keep in mind if they leave the server and they show their screen before they get banned and do not stop recording, then you will be able to see in the video of them deleting the file, If they leave and delete the file and rejoin the server and start recording like I said in the thread, it will make the message not be there anymore from sentinel so staff will know that he restarted his Minecraft left and rejoined the server to disable to hacks :)
I still don't agree since CrazymanJR has his logs of every player and he can see within a few seconds if someone's hacking. People who are falsely banned and haven't appeal yet, should tell as detailed as possible what they were doing before they got banned. With that description, they have a much bigger chance of getting unbanned.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I still don't agree since CrazymanJR has his logs of every player and he can see within a few seconds if someone's hacking. People who are falsely banned and haven't appeal yet, should tell as detailed as possible what they were doing before they got banned. With that description, they have a much bigger chance of getting unbanned.
Thats the issue though, from what ive heard bugs and glitches can give off the same feed as hacks do

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I agree with you, CrazyManJR has logs but like @Spyro the Dragon Said, Bugs and glitches (Block Glitches) Can give off false information of hacked clients. This will cause the logs to say something different, And we all know that anyone who does not hack wants not just a bigger chance of getting unbanned but wants the best chance they can get. Having video evidence will help them out a lot

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I agree with you, CrazyManJR has logs but like @Spyro the Dragon Said, Bugs and glitches (Block Glitches) Can give off false information of hacked clients. This will cause the logs to say something different, And we all know that anyone who does not hack wants not just a bigger chance of getting unbanned but wants the best chance they can get. Having video evidence will help them out a lot
That's certainly true, but still. Like @zDutchie said, 2 minutes more with a hacked client is a pretty much disadvantage. Hacking is a massive disadvantage for others in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom