Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you share my opinion?

• Total voters
T

The Lord Pleb

@TheDvthr12 Your post says to delete all 1.8 pvp and leave duels. Still, no. That's stupid and unnecessary in so many ways. How would you feel if Hypixel updated to 1.9 and removed all 1.8 games except duels? Would you really play duels for your entire life just because it's the only 1.8 pvp available? No, you will instantly go to another server. If you completely hate 1.9, that is.
No, that's not my idea. It may have been misunderstood since I did it with the translator.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Before you start reading: all the edits after the first post are in red.

PLEASE READ THIS POST VERY GOOD, DON'T REPLY WITHOUT READING THE UPDATED VERSION (EDIT).

Hello Staff and players of CubeCraft Games!

Maybe this topic is not really for the suggestion page but I don't know where to put it.
Before you start reading I want to say again this is not to hate on CubeCraft, I like the staff and the community.

As you have read the title CubeCraft lost players.
First on peak points there were 20.000 people online! Now only 10.000 people and on normal times like 4 or 5 thousand people.

Why?! Yes that's a good question and I will give you the answer.
- CubeCraft updated to 1.9 this is the main reason of losing players. At this point CubeCraft lost about 7.500 players.
- **This point is deleted.**
- **This point is deleted.**

- CubeCraft uses 1.9 pvp.
- CubeCraft sticks to there "classic" games like SkyWars and Freebuild.

How to get players back?
- Bring back 1.8 to the server. With this I mean to add more 1.8 games.
- Release an major update! And with this I mean remove some 'dead' games and add new ones.

Please vote on the poll.
Thanks for reading, this is my opinion and I hope some people share this opinion with me.
I only want to say open your eyes Management! When you keep doing this CubeCraft will really die.

~ Tijn

EDIT:

- With bringing 1.8 back I mean more 1.8 games. NOT REMOVING 1.9
- I know an major update is not easy but CubeCraft needs it.
- Very much people like 1.9 pvp but also some people don't like it.
I mean the server isnt dying becuase of 1.9 and it’s pvp. It is dying because of a few things one of them being are hackers but I don’t know if that’s true.
I think SG would work well.

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
Not even half the problem is bugs or lag with this server because usual that is fixed within days the main problem would most definitely be the dead games and how they are just sitting around and not being changed such as block-wars and UHC. I do like the idea of more 1.8 PvP games to draw in players and could be very worthwhile.

D

Deleted member 169486

Why?! Yes that's a good question and I will give you the answer.
- CubeCraft updated to 1.9 this is the main reason of losing players. At this point CubeCraft lost about 7.500 players.[/QUOTE
Bring back 1.8 to the server. With this I mean to add more 1.8 games.
Here's the thing. 1.8 pvp takes very little skill, where 1.9 takes quite a bit. 1.9 pvp is the future of Minecraft, and that won't change. The two major games, Eggwars and skywars, are both available in 1.8 pvp. Putting other games in it is just not worth it because in survival games for example, one map fills up at a time because so few people are playing.

CubeCraft sticks to there "classic" games like SkyWars and Freebuild.
And minerware, blockband, bingo, tower defence, all games that haven't really been done on minecraft before. People like those gamemodes.

- Release an major update! And with this I mean remove some 'dead' games and add new ones.
They release "major updates" pretty often. Skywars was update recently, pvp and eggwars not to long ago. Removing a game is pointless when they have nothing to replace it, but currently they have games in Beta.

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
You make some good points, some people do and do not enjoy 1.8/1.9 pvp. To have the network incorporate both types of versions for all minigames would be better for those who like either or.
However with that, you gotta also take into thought that it would take more development time out of bigger projects and such.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
My opinion on this is that I find this to be true, yet there are so many other aspects as to why many players have been lost.

Before I get into this, I do not mean to spread hate or any negativity. I am speaking my mind.

The fact that around 5,000 players were lost several months ago was due to the fact of the removal of the old Arcade and it's games:
  • Hide and Seek
  • Quake Craft
  • Paintball
  • Super Smash Mobs (I forget the name, sadly)
  • Hourglass
  • Parkour Minigame
  • Spleef
  • TNT Run

Half of the games in the old Arcade were original, and that was where most/half of the player base resided. The old Arcade and Sky Wars were most definitely the most popular genre of games.

Back then, there were at least 30 lobbies filled with people in Sky Wars.

Ever since the update for the kits and chest refills and etc, I have seen only 7 or 8 lobbies max, and there are barely any players in then. Based on refills and the type of kits now, I see a copy of Hyp- yes, that server.

• Refills, based upon being the thing it is, down to the timing, I see has been copied.
  • Kits and abilities are also way too similar for my liking, it's basically obvious.

Now, I know players are in games, but it still is a drastic comparison.

Egg Wars is mainly filled with players, and I believe that is where most of the players reside now.

But let's take a look at the new Arcade... Wing Rush, Barn Brawl, those games are both dead. No one really plays them. They were both popular for about a month when the new Arcade actually came out, but the number of people are dying every single day. People are mostly on Layer Spleef and Line Rush.

I don't want to sound rash, but the reason I stuck with Cube for so long was because it was original. The games were original, the lobbies, everything. Now I see it as a complete copy of Hypi- yes, that server.

I, and many other people, have made so many polls to bring back the older games, via Quake, Hourglass, etc. This server use to take player suggestions a lot, and now I never see that. I always see the staff saying the same thing over and over. I merely only play Cube now because of the many friends I have made over the years. Yes, it is fun sometimes when you have a good game of SkyWars or EggWars, but really, you can tell the difference of Cube a year ago and Cube now.

Again, I don't mean to spread hate for the server. I love Cube, even though it may have... flaws. Cube is my home, and I merely want back my good memories.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay it has almost been 2 years since the release of 1.9
The server has had high player numbers since
1.8 really isn't even where you find majority of the players in the first place
Usually they are in 1.9
Want a key example
Do /p add the and hit tab
A lot of names will show up and if you invite a bunch of them in 1.9 majority of them will have it sent or you will atleast get s message saying they have party invites off
Sure a few will be unable to send party invite due to version but not most

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Okay it has almost been 2 years since the release of 1.9
The server has had high player numbers since
1.8 really isn't even where you find majority of the players in the first place
Usually they are in 1.9
Want a key example
Do /p add the and hit tab
A lot of names will show up and if you invite a bunch of them in 1.9 majority of them will have it sent or you will atleast get s message saying they have party invites off
Sure a few will be unable to send party invite due to version but not most
Or just check the number of main lobbys in both versions like I did...

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
I don't see it as a bad idea, the only thing that can bother (from my point of view) is that the few people who play that "dead game" that they will eliminate, will stop playing because their favorite modality will no longer be there.
Nobody will stop playing because UHC is removed.... It's too dead. And if they remove freebuild which is pretty dead to only like 20-50 players will leave cubecraft. And i don't know why they removed some nice games just because another game was there. Control point was a good game, the only reason why it got removed is because MiNeRwArE...

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
EDIT:
I don't care if the 1.8 follow on the server or not, since I do not play in 1.8. It's too outdated from my point of view.
We all know that in the "PvP" modality we have an NPC in the "Duels" section to be able to choose the PvP of version 1.8.
Well, this idea is simple. In all/almost all modalities that people would like to play with the PvP of 1.8, put that same NPC that is in "Duels".
I never said anything about removing all the PvP 1.8 from the server, on the contrary; I said to put in the modalities the option of being able to choose the PvP.
That was in cubecraft some years ago, but they removed it for ''splitting the community in two''

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Here's why it's losing players:
a) The management keeps releasing new stuff, updates, games that nobody ever asked for instead of updating their current games that actually need an update (SG & UHC). Last few updates have generally been pretty bad. Also with the new Bingo game, it's gonna die out in a month and nobody is going to play it anymore, just watch. I just don't understand why they can't focus more on their current games rather than adding new boring games.
b) 1.9 - I feel like a lot of people are also stopping to play 1.9 - it's way too easy (85% of the players spam click) and are going back to 1.8 as in my honest opinion it's just way more fun as you don't win every single game there. I'm not saying to remove 1.9 and put it back to 1.8. I just feel like putting more games into 1.8, such as SG, which used to be the most popular 1.8 PvP gamemode, would be a good thing to do.
c) People realizing that there are better servers out there.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Here's why it's losing players:
a) The management keeps releasing new stuff, updates, games that nobody ever asked for instead of updating their current games that actually need an update (SG & UHC). Last few updates have generally been pretty bad. Also with the new Bingo game, it's gonna die out in a month and nobody is going to play it anymore, just watch. I just don't understand why they can't focus more on their current games rather than adding new boring games.
b) 1.9 - I feel like a lot of people are also stopping to play 1.9 - it's way too easy (85% of the players spam click) and are going back to 1.8 as in my honest opinion it's just way more fun as you don't win every single game there. I'm not saying to remove 1.9 and put it back to 1.8. I just feel like putting more games into 1.8, such as SG, which used to be the most popular 1.8 PvP gamemode, would be a good thing to do.
c) People realizing that there are better servers out there.
I couldn't agree more.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎉 (Sorry that i am so late cause i was on vacation to Spain and did not take my pc)
Top Bottom