Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
Alright, I'm a little annoyed/frustrated but I have decided to make a thread on this anyways, despite the fact that I will PO all the mini-mods.
I'm going to be the first to say the eggwars duels really sucks.
Its literally a copy and paste of the original gamemode and this really doesn't work, heres why;

1. Ridiculous Gens - Starting off the gens are ridiculously high. Most importantly the diamond and emerald gen. Whoever is first to middle has a huge advantage, which is the case in all games, but I think for this it is a bit much. Since they can get far better gear without being in the middle for more than a minute. This would be a huge disadvantage to new players and doesn't help the fact that Cubecraft hardly gets new players.

- Possible Fix(s) - The best way to fix this imo is to nerf the gens. I think it would be better to have a Level 1, maybe 2 but thats still kinda op diamond gen, and a Level 1 emerald gen. As far as the iron and gold gen I believe they can stay as they are.

2. Prices - The prices are also iffy imo. Starting with golden apples, this is one issue that has been carried over from the original gamemode. They're just far to cheap, it makes it too easy to just chug dozens of golden apples in order to win the game, making it annoying to fight against, and making the game unnecessarily long. Some other prices like diamond swords and iron/diamond armour could be raised also.

- Possible Fix(s) - (I will be referring to the Overpowered voting mostly) I believe items like golden apples should be raised in price a fair amount. For example, instead of 2 gold for one golden apple, it'd be raised to 3 or even 5 gold to eliminate the gap chugging issue. As far as items like diamond swords, I think it should be raised to 16 instead of 12. This would be an improvement because a Level 2 diamond gen will hold up to 12 diamonds, making it super easy to obtain a diamond sword. Also seeing as it would delay one just a bit more, it would give more of a chance to the other player to catch up.

A summary of what I'm suggesting is it should be more balanced in some senses. Its just too easy for one to get far better gear faster, and its almost impossible for an opponent to catch up if they are even seconds behind in getting to middle.
These are minor fixes that I think could improve the gameplay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 347571

I agree but that's why they have a focus group for Eggwars & a place to make suggestions so i honestly think it will be sorted out soon enough.

Reactions: bwead

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
1. Ridiculous Gens - Starting off the gens are ridiculously high. Most importantly the diamond and emerald gen. Whoever is fist to middle is guaranteed to win half the time. Since they can get far better gear without being in the middle for more than a minute. This would be a huge disadvantage to new players and doesn't help the fact that Cubecraft hardly gets new players.
I 100% agree with this. The first game of this I played, lasted 10 minutes because the person just camped with iron armour in mid, I lost that.
I've played 18 minutes so far (Only started recently) and got 7 wins in that time and 2 losses, it is very rush and 2-second games or 2 years game

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright, I'm a little annoyed/frustrated but I have decided to make a thread on this anyways, despite the fact that I will PO all the mini-mods.
Its literally a copy and paste of the original gamemode and this really doesn't work, heres why;

1. Ridiculous Gens - Starting off the gens are ridiculously high. Most importantly the diamond and emerald gen. Whoever is fist to middle is guaranteed to win half the time. Since they can get far better gear without being in the middle for more than a minute. This would be a huge disadvantage to new players and doesn't help the fact that Cubecraft hardly gets new players.

- Possible Fix(s) - The best way to fix this imo is to nerf the gens. I think it would be better to have a Level 1, maybe 2 but thats still kinda op diamond gen, and a Level 1 emerald gen. As far as the iron and gold gen I believe they can stay as they are.

2. Prices - The prices are also iffy imo. Starting with golden apples, this is one issue that has been carried over from the original gamemode. They're just far to cheap, it makes it too easy to just chug dozens of golden apples in order to win the game, making it annoying to fight against, and making the game unnecessarily long. Some other prices like diamond swords and iron/diamond armour could be raised also.

- Possible Fix(s) - (I will be referring to the Overpowered voting mostly) I believe items like golden apples should be raised in price a fair amount. For example, instead of 2 gold for one golden apple, it'd be raised to 3 or even 5 gold to eliminate the gap chugging issue. As far as items like diamond swords, I think it should be raised to 16 instead of 12. This would be an improvement because a Level 2 diamond gen will hold up to 12 diamonds, making it super easy to obtain a diamond sword. Also seeing as it would delay one just a bit more, it would give more of a chance to the other player to catch up.

A summary of what I'm suggesting is it should be more balanced in some senses. Its just too easy for one to get far better gear faster, and its almost impossible for an opponent to catch up if they are even seconds behind in getting to middle.
I totally agree with you, I think your suggestion should be taken into consideration to try improve it and make games more balanced. Because those who get to the middle first (even if it's 5 seconds first), have exaggerately more chances to win than the other player.

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with the first thing, the second one I don’t agree with.
Here’s why:
The prices are exactly the same yes, but what’s so bad about that? People can indeed get tons of gaps and then go win, but can’t you get those gaps as well? It’s a strategy, and it’s a gamemode option called overpowered for a reason. In normal it’s like 5 gold I think, there’s no advantage for your opponent because they have the exact same prices as you. Making it more expensive would mean that the only gamemode option is normal, then there is no overpowered. Why would you want to change overpowered to it becoming the same as normal and not just remove overpowered then?

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
The prices are exactly the same yes, but what’s so bad about that? People can indeed get tons of gaps and then go win, but can’t you get those gaps as well? It’s a strategy, and it’s a gamemode option called overpowered for a reason. In normal it’s like 5 gold I think, there’s no advantage for your opponent because they have the exact same prices as you. Making it more expensive would mean that the only gamemode option is normal, then there is no overpowered. Why would you want to change overpowered to it becoming the same as normal and not just remove overpowered then?
Its not a strategy, its called a crutch. Gaps are supposed to be a last minute boost, a second chance if you will. However, the constantly chugging of gaps in order to survive longer is absolutely stupid, and again its not a strategy. It actually is an advantage for either you or your opponent, again its the same "first person to mid" situation. Coming from a mod thats actually kinda funny, you should know that lower gap prices aren't the only thing in overpowered mode. silly mod. I am talking about one item not the entirety of overpowered mode.

OyTekla

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
INNERSLOTH
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree, but not with the prices, I think that the prices in OP mode are just fine, being the fact that it is called Overpowered mode. But one thing that can help others who think the exact thing as you, is adding a mode that is in between OP and normal modes, that way, you can have a more "even" mode while still keeping the OP mode that many love so much.

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Its not a strategy, its called a crutch. Gaps are supposed to be a last minute boost, a second chance if you will. However, the constantly chugging of gaps in order to survive longer is absolutely stupid, and again its not a strategy. It actually is an advantage for either you or your opponent, again its the same "first person to mid" situation. Coming from a mod thats actually kinda funny, you should know that lower gap prices aren't the only thing in overpowered mode. silly mod. I am talking about one item not the entirety of overpowered mode.
What does my rank have to do with anything? It’s just MY opinion. My rank has nothing to do with that. If your opponent has tons of gaps, then you get gaps as well, easy solution.

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
1) I have never had an issue where the opponent killed me because they had better gear from getting to middle before me. Yes, that’s an issue, but it’s very easy to work around it by, I don’t know, getting to middle before them? In eggwars duels the islands are quite small (except in mines) and you shouldn’t have much trouble killing them if you are actually better at pvp.

2) I think 2 is a good price for gapples in OP mode, it’s not really an issue in Duels since eating leaves you vulnerable to a combo on the small islands unless they cage themself, which you can use as a chance to escape and get gapples or a better sword or something. Spamming 3+ gapples never helped anyone get anywhere either.

Reactions: OyTekla

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I agree, but not with the prices, I think that the prices in OP mode are just fine, being the fact that it is called Overpowered mode. But one thing that can help others who think the exact thing as you, is adding a mode that is in between OP and normal modes, that way, you can have a more "even" mode while still keeping the OP mode that many love so much.
The thing is a new mode seems completely unnecessary. I'm just suggesting slight adjustments in prices. The swords could probably stay as is, but its gaps that I think could use a slight increase. I only suggested 3-5 gold simply as an example, to give people a baseline of what my idea was. Even going back to 3 gold for golden apples like it was in the past would be nice imo.
What does my rank have to do with anything? It’s just MY opinion. My rank has nothing to do with that. If your opponent has tons of gaps, then you get gaps as well, easy solution.
I just expected someone who volunteers/works whatever you may call it to know the server. I suggested a slight adjustment in gap price. And as I said above sword could actually stay as is. You made it seem as if cheap gap prices is what made OP mode. Blocks, food, armour, etc. do exist. As for your solution, I had already stated in my original message that that would cause the game to go unnecessarily long. That just doesn't work in a "duels" gamemode, its not how they work.
1) I have never had an issue where the opponent killed me because they had better gear from getting to middle before me. Yes, that’s an issue, but it’s very easy to work around it by, I don’t know, getting to middle before them? In eggwars duels the islands are quite small (except in mines) and you shouldn’t have much trouble killing them if you are actually better at pvp.

2) I think 2 is a good price for gapples in OP mode, it’s not really an issue in Duels since eating leaves you vulnerable to a combo on the small islands unless they cage themself, which you can use as a chance to escape and get gapples or a better sword or something. Spamming 3+ gapples never helped anyone get anywhere either.
If you are good at countering people with better gear then its not too bad. However, for a server that is going downhill (Java) its not ideal to attract new players. Even if you are better at pvp, if one rushes mid and doesn't go for you right away, and instead shops. It can be difficult to deal with, especially if that player chooses to chug gaps.

There are methods to reduce kb while eating, and yes you can still get combo'd but everyone on cubecraft runs away from combos anyway so that doesn't really count. The fact is it is an issue in a lot of cases people will chug them like crazy. Again its making the game far too long. I'm not talking about 3 gaps, I'm talking about gap chuggers, (10+).

Reactions: OyTekla

OyTekla

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
INNERSLOTH
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
The thing is a new mode seems completely unnecessary. I'm just suggesting slight adjustments in prices. The swords could probably stay as is, but its gaps that I think could use a slight increase. I only suggested 3-5 gold simply as an example, to give people a baseline of what my idea was. Even going back to 3 gold for golden apples like it was in the past would be nice imo.
Yes but many people don't want a change in the game mode.

Jul 21, 2022

1. Ridiculous Gens - Starting off the gens are ridiculously high. Most importantly the diamond and emerald gen. Whoever is first to middle is guaranteed to win half the time. Since they can get far better gear without being in the middle for more than a minute. This would be a huge disadvantage to new players and doesn't help the fact that Cubecraft hardly gets new players.

It isn't the prices that annoy me, it's how the other player can literally charge to your base ten seconds into the game with only a pick, armor, and blocks, and immediately win. At that point, it's not even Eggwars. It's just a slightly more complicated duels gamemode. Like I said in a post, I think they should make the maps more mazelike, so the other player actually has time to do SOMETHING.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
It isn't the prices that annoy me, it's how the other player can literally charge to your base ten seconds into the game with only a pick, armor, and blocks, and immediately win. At that point, it's not even Eggwars. It's just a slightly more complicated duels gamemode. Like I said in a post, I think they should make the maps more mazelike, so the other player actually has time to do SOMETHING.
Its supposed to be a rushy gamemode, duels are supposed to be quick. I dislike that people make it too long. Or the first person to mid is the deciding factor to who wins

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve never had an issue with people with iron armor chugging gapples in the new duels game mode, skybasers sure, but not people with the mindset “get more buff, become unkillable” who don’t realize the void exists

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
You're bringing up an interesting point
1. Ridiculous Gens - Starting off the gens are ridiculously high. Most importantly the diamond and emerald gen. Whoever is first to middle is guaranteed to win half the time. Since they can get far better gear without being in the middle for more than a minute. This would be a huge disadvantage to new players and doesn't help the fact that Cubecraft hardly gets new players.
Yes, well actually no. They're not ridiculously, they're just not in proportion to the amount of players in the game. The stating level for gens on mid should reflect that of a solo EggWars map rather than those of the Teams gamemode. I've already forwarded the emerald gens. As there should only be one level one emerald gen for each of those maps, specifically looking at Temple which has a level two and one, which is ridiculous for a map with only two players. (For reference, there are one two Teams maps who have the same amount of emeralds, with 16 and 40 players). As for the diamond gens, these should either be a single level tree or two level two gens, same as in solo EggWars (looking at mines). These numbers are totals, so for flowers; the mid-gen would have to be level 2 as per the level one gens on semi mids.

Your fix is too much, keep in mind these games should reflect a sped up version of Eggwars (in my eyes). Diamonds are an important part of EggWars, so should be in the game. Making the gens level one, would remove them too much.

It's not possible to just chuck gapples in order to win the game? As for, there is void and armour durability. And above all, simply not enough gold in the map to do so.
As brought up by Cathie, in the end the only thing that needs to be balanced in Eggwars is the relative prices of items. Not their absolute ones, you have access to the same amount of resources as your opponent. The only way they would get more gold (for gaps) would be if they're mid faster than you are. Which is the point, because they had better bridging skills/faster shop speed/different strategy in buying fewer items at the start

If a player is able to get mid faster than you, they should receive better items than you. Although, I assume part of your problem with this also stems for the high level gens.

You made it seem as if cheap gap prices is what made OP mode.
No, sharpness, protection and cheaper prices make the OP voting option. You need cheaper gaps, if someone is critting you with a diamond sword. You make it seem like someone with gaps can't be beaten, and like the other team spawns with extra gold on their island.

There are methods to reduce kb while eating, and yes you can still get combo'd but everyone on cubecraft runs away from combos anyway so that doesn't really count
Playing 👏 EggWars 👏 is 👏 to 👏 embrace 👏 criticals 👏, combo's 👏 are 👏 for 👏 skywars 👏 sweats
Convert now, be victorious.

I agree with this in some solo and team Eggwars maps. But not for the duels gamemode, you're supposed to charge at each other in duels.
That being said, distances between island might be adjusted such that you cannot jump from island to island without building without ruining this philosophy

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Komodо and Cathie

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
You're bringing up an interesting point

Yes, well actually no. They're not ridiculously, they're just not in proportion to the amount of players in the game. The stating level for gens on mid should reflect that of a solo EggWars map rather than those of the Teams gamemode. I've already forwarded the emerald gens. As there should only be one level one emerald gen for each of those maps, specifically looking at Temple which has a level two and one, which is ridiculous for a map with only two players. (For reference, there are one two Teams maps who have the same amount of emeralds, with 16 and 40 players). As for the diamond gens, these should either be a single level tree or two level two gens, same as in solo EggWars (looking at mines). These numbers are totals, so for flowers; the mid-gen would have to be level 2 as per the level one gens on semi mids.
Thank you for taking the time in replying to all of my points in detail.
Yeah I see how I exaggerated it. I agree with the emerald gens, there should only be one level one. However, I don't quite agree with the diamond gens. A level two diamond gen holds 12 diamonds, and having two on one map seems a little much. To me it seems like too much diamonds for a quick 30 second trip, especially in a 1v1 type game. In traditional eggwars whoever gets good gear fastest is already at a decent advantage in a lot of cases. Don't you think that should be toned down a bit for something that is 1v1?
Your fix is too much, keep in mind these games should reflect a sped up version of Eggwars (in my eyes). Diamonds are an important part of EggWars, so should be in the game. Making the gens level one, would remove them too much.
As I said in one of my other posts, the levels I used were examples that one could use for a baseline. Yes and I agree that they should reflect that, but high level gens seemed to take that a tad far imo. I just don't want it to become another game where camping situations become common. Maybe not level one, but level three or two level twos, perhaps a level two, or a level two and level one would help. Idrk, it would take some experimenting on cubecrafts end.
It's not possible to just chuck gapples in order to win the game? As for, there is void and armour durability. And above all, simply not enough gold in the map to do so.
As brought up by Cathie, in the end the only thing that needs to be balanced in Eggwars is the relative prices of items. Not their absolute ones, you have access to the same amount of resources as your opponent. The only way they would get more gold (for gaps) would be if they're mid faster than you are. Which is the point, because they had better bridging skills/faster shop speed/different strategy in buying fewer items at the start

If a player is able to get mid faster than you, they should receive better items than you. Although, I assume part of your problem with this also stems for the high level gens.
I didn't mean it would guarantee a win, sorry if it came across that way, again my post was exaggerated a tad far. However people still attempt it, people will chug gaps in order to delay, and attempt to give themselves higher chances of winning by using gap chugging as a crutch.
I agree, and yes the first person to mid is guaranteed to get better stuff, and that is how any game like eggwars, skywars and games like them work. I realize now my post has made it seem like that was the issue, and I will make appropriate fixes. Yes, first to mid gets the advantage, but due to the scale of the maps, and the 1v1 gamemode, I think with high level gens and the prices make it a bit too much of an advantage for a duels game.
No, sharpness, protection and cheaper prices make the OP voting option. You need cheaper gaps, if someone is critting you with a diamond sword. You make it seem like someone with gaps can't be beaten, and like the other team spawns with extra gold on their island.
I never said to change the entirety of OP mode. A change in gap prices, like going back to 3 gold instead of 2, I think would be better. Yes you need gaps, but not like 1200 (exaggerating to make a point). When you get critted you dont just sit there and eat gaps and let it happen? That would be stupid. Maybe not unbeatable, but chugging a large amount of gaps takes time, and its just overall annoying to deal with. Think about runners in ffa, it feels exactly the same for me. They dont spawn with extra gold, I'm talking about gold in middle, and large amounts of gold obtained through camping.
Playing 👏 EggWars 👏 is 👏 to 👏 embrace 👏 criticals 👏, combo's 👏 are 👏 for 👏 skywars 👏 sweats
Convert now, be victorious.

I agree with this in some solo and team Eggwars maps. But not for the duels gamemode, you're supposed to charge at each other in duels.
That being said, distances between island might be adjusted such that you cannot jump from island to island without building without ruining this philosophy
People who crit spam are easy to combo tho :(

You're supposed to charge at each other in duels. YES. That is what I want, but when I played all I got where people that sat in middle and their base.

Jul 21, 2022
Then why make it a gamemode in the first place? Eggwars is about preparation. Eggwars Duels just throws that out of the window. "What's that? You want to actually play it like Eggwars is meant to be played? WELL TOO BAD, HERE COMES AN EGGWARS SPEEDRUNNER." What I actually expected from the gamemode is to be actual Eggwars, but just between two people. Not something that feels like One in the Chamber.

• Disagree
Reactions: Iridinox

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
Eggwars is about preparation.
I mean, to some people I guess? I really don’t see a point at all in forcing games to take 20 minutes by getting stuff like punch bows and full diamond armor as it’s usually annoying to everyone playing. However, no one will stop you from playing this way, there are always other people who will play a match like that. I’m quite sure cubecraft didn’t intend for all their eggwars games to take hours especially after gaining huge popularity on bedrock and seeing players use “rushing“ strategies, therefore they added a duels gamemode that promotes those strategies even more.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom