Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should mods be able to ban for cross teaming without warning?

• Yes

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
Nov 12, 2016
Yeah, I definitely think that people should be punished without delay. Otherwise, as stated, it could be too late. One thing that could change is to have the rules either pop up in the middle of your screen, or have one of those hologram tag things in the lobby state all the rules.

Dreym

Oct 9, 2016
United Kingdom
I asked @Lezappen and he said something along the lines of this: "I don't think you can get perm banned for something like teaming"
I've been told it's always a 24 hour ban. So it's not like an instant ban is going to be the end of the world.
It is meant to stop players from teaming in solo games. Not from playing the server.

amgjmg

Sep 2, 2016
NoobLand
Cross teaming is when you are on a team and you go join an opposing team. You can only "cross team" in a team game. In solo mode it is called "teaming".

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Reasons why they should be insta-bannerino:
- The clear warning it shows in the chat.
- It's called SOLO.
- The warning on the info board.
- A ban for teaming isn't even THAT long.
- They can abuse it, example: They team every single game but only split up once warned.

Reactions: Ping Ether
Nov 12, 2016
Warning: I am presuming the punishment plugin, but if it the one I'm thinking of, the below portion is relevant.

Staff don't currently use this mechanic as far as I can tell, but there is a /warn command that shows up in a player's /history. This could be used to indicate if a player has ever teamed or cross teamed before, and with who.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
- The clear warning it shows in the chat.
- It's called SOLO.
- The warning on the info board.
- A ban for teaming isn't even THAT long.
- They can abuse it, example: They team every single game but only split up once warned.

-Yes it's called solo, but there are many servers that allow solo teaming
-Not everyone thinks that teaming in solo is cross-teaming since you aren't a team
-Still. If someone's being instantly banned during a game they can just say that they didn't know/weren't warned
-People are supposed to warn them for crossteaming as soon as it happens. If nobody warns, you shouldn't blame the teamers.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
-Not everyone thinks that teaming in solo is cross-teaming since you aren't a team
Alright that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offence.
You claim that people don't think they don't ''cross-team'' when they are teaming.
-Still. If someone's being instantly banned during a game they can just say that they didn't know/weren't warned
The message you aren't allowed to team is shown is the lobby and everytime the game starts. Just because some people don't look at the chat doesn't mean they got banned ''unfair''.
-People are supposed to warn them for crossteaming as soon as it happens. If nobody warns, you shouldn't blame the teamers.
You should, they join a SOLO game, in the lobby there is a warning and there is also a warning as the game starts.

Bardaick

Mar 22, 2015
I totally agree, people should know before playing the rules, in the lobby says in a clear announcement: It is not allowed to do team in Skywars and also do cross team in team skywars; Many people pass in the lobby hall: Who team for skywars, to pass Skype to make equipment and if it is clearly said that they do not do it or that they banish insult, they have to remove the warning if or if it is absurd to give warnings when they make equipment From 100% are ignored and continue to do so.

The punishment has to increase up to 1 week so that they learn not to do it
No,.not all players pay attention to chat when the game starts.
Therefore we have to warn them before reporting/banning.

Otherwise it wouldn't be fair :)

It's not fair? It is also not fair that you are playing normally and you drop teams of 3 players only because they want, players should read the rules if or if and if they do not read them sorry for them they were reported and banned, lso managers have to think more about us That we play fairly and not in what does not follow the rules should give priority to us.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Alright that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, no offence.
You claim that people don't think they don't ''cross-team'' when they are teaming.
Crossteaming: Teaming with another team.
In solo, there are not teams. Just yourself.
You could call you your own team, but it isn't plural.

They see solo as a gamemode where there are no teams so crossteaming doesn't exist.

The message you aren't allowed to team is shown is the lobby and everytime the game starts. Just because some people don't look at the chat doesn't mean they got banned ''unfair''.
Look at what I said above & in previous comments

You should, they join a SOLO game, in the lobby there is a warning and there is also a warning as the game starts.

On the info board it says: Crossteaming is not allowed.
As I said above: crossteaming itself, is different from teaming in solo as solo doesn't actually contain teams.
The warning at the start of the game isn't very obvious, since it's just a red message right after the timer.
Nobody looks at chat when the timer ends.

TheFunnBun

Oct 10, 2016
You should fallow by the rules and, what you or someone else or a mod should do is ask them politely to stop cross teaming then a mod or admin of some sort can warn them then if needed temp ban then for not listing to staff and cross teaming. You should always ask someone to stop doing what they are doing wrong first then go report or deal with the situation correctly by a admin temp ban if evidence is proven or if a member reports them and the admins think that the evidence is sufficient enough to do punishment.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Crossteaming: Teaming with another team.
In solo, there are not teams. Just yourself.
You could call you your own team, but it isn't plural.

They see solo as a gamemode where there are no teams so crossteaming doesn't exist.
I don't call that a legit excuse to team in solo.
The warning at the start of the game isn't very obvious, since it's just a red message right after the timer.
Nobody looks at chat when the timer ends.
Just because some people don't look at the chat doesn't mean the warning is clear. It's literally stating "Teaming is not allowed in Solo".

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I don't call that a legit excuse to team in solo.
It's not an excuse, it's a reason for confusion with the term "crossteaming"

Just because some people don't look at the chat doesn't mean the warning is clear. It's literally stating "Teaming is not allowed in Solo".
Ok that sentence itself doesn't make too much sense, but I think I deciphered it:

Yes it's stating that teaming isn't allowed, but when does it say it? Right after the game starts. Who reads the chat when they just started a second ago? People might even play with having chat off or just not notice it since it's RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING

Mid-game is where most people pay attention since they know it's others talking. They especially pay attention of someone's calling them out.

Nov 12, 2016
People have a responsibility to know and follow the rules. Personally, I feel like it doesn't matter whether someone knows the rules or not. When you join a server, you need to know the rules. So when you break the rules, you need to be punished for breaking them.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
It is good to warn players of the consequences of teaming in solo games.
I know it is said in the chat: Teaming is not allowed in Solo Skywars!, but it would be sad as players are banned by something they have not seen or heard.

Nov 12, 2016
It is good to warn players of the consequences of teaming in solo games.
I know it is said in the chat: Teaming is not allowed in Solo Skywars!, but it would be sad as players are banned by something they have not seen or heard.
The problem is that the punishment system is not used for the warnings, meaning that people can team every game until a staff tells them to stop.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
The problem is that the punishment system is not used for the warnings, meaning that people can team every game until a staff tells them to stop.
It is right that the anti-cheat system is not used for warnings and people can team every game until someone tells him to stop with teaming, but if there is someone who record the teamers and warn them 2-3 times, they will be banned (I do not know exactly how long - 1 day or 1 month, I guess. Correct me if I am wrong).

My tip is: say, if the game has started, that teaming is not allowed with the consequences :)

Team and crossteam.
The word ''teaming'' is used in solo games when 2 or more players are teaming with each other.
The word ''crossteaming'' is used in team games when 2 or more players are teaming with each other from another team, for example: Team 2 and Team 6 are teaming; that is crossteaming.

Reactions: Buuuddy
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom