Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ZingBing

Aug 18, 2017
That is an interesting idea, maybe it could implement all of the things you said and also have an inset-type of ban checker/online/etc. from whatever website it is found on. I cannot remember what that is called, but I know that they are used :)

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
My suggestion is pretty simple: Create a community API. What's an API? Why we need it?
WHAT'S AN API?
API stands for Application Coding Interface (Not American Petroleum Institute). I'm lazy to define "API" by my own words, so'll just quote it from Wikipedia:
WHY?
Simply, the number of "community codes" (i.e. Website, standalone programms, Forge Mods) will greatly grow. Websites like *cubecraftplayersts.xyz* for checking player level, if it's banned, etc will appear.
What should it contain?
Basic stuff, like "isBanned" (Returns true if player is banned, false if it's not), "whereIs" (returns the where the player is, like what you see when executing /f list), getting player level, etc.
@MagnificentSpook @Landviz

https://api.cubecraft.net/
I love the sound of having an API but instead of just suggesting stuff like "isBanned" maybe make a whole list of it? I'm more than welcome to help you create the list that the API could include :P

How is that swearing?

Doubt people will make custom clients, since it is pretty hard
Let's rebel together and make CubeZig

Reactions: Despacito 2

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
It would be really interesting to see what creative people would do with this, they should add as much seemingly useless stuff to the api as possible. One possible issue I could imagine are people abusing the api by sampling it really fast. So they might have to implement api keys that are tied to a Minecraft account and can automatically get suspended.
I'm not sure if it would be worth the time to develop such a system, but it might even save them the work of developing a nice useable stats page themselves. Also get cubecraft on /r/dataisbeautiful for free advertisement.

some things the api could contain:
- all stats that are shown in game lobbies given a specific uuid
- bans (same information the appeals page gives currently)
- range of players for any specific stat (for example getting the players with the 3rd to 7th most hit arrows in team skywars)
- number of sentinel/manual bans for a given time interval
- additional global stats for a specific player if available (total time played, first joined), btw. those could be shown in the main lobby anyway
- number of players per game at a specific time

Possibly have some kind of authentication system to access more account specific information such as
- current game
- number of cubelets/points/vanity points
- unlocked items

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
You can check if someone is banned using some sneaky trick (*MagnificientSpam*),but it’s harder than having an api that returns true/false ;)
About everything else, the API could contain things such as player colorname, rank, level, hour played, stats. The number of total and latest sentinel bans. And so on
well you are just opening the appeals page which you can directly do from the forums

as for other things involved I would like them all except the Sentinel bans, they show that and it isn't once a day either multiple times a day that will pop up

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
- all stats that are shown in game lobbies given a specific uuid
- bans (same information the appeals page gives currently)
- range of players for any specific stat (for example getting the players with the 3rd to 7th most hit arrows in team skywars)
- number of sentinel/manual bans for a given time interval
- additional global stats for a specific player if available (total time played, first joined), btw. those could be shown in the main lobby anyway
- number of players per game at a specific time

- current game
- number of cubelets/points/vanity points
- unlocked items
^^^
well you are just opening the appeals page which you can directly do from the forums
It is not just that ;)
Let's rebel together and make CubeZig
+555
That is an interesting idea, maybe it could implement all of the things you said and also have an inset-type of ban checker/online/etc. from whatever website it is found on. I cannot remember what that is called, but I know that they are used :)
It is not only the bans.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
Top Bottom