Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I dislike both sets

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
It kills me to hate on a community-suggested (I guess?) update so soon, but these are really hideous to me... :(
upload_2018-3-1_19-10-34.png

Frown emoji
:(This emoji is supposed to be a frown and replaced the former sad-face emoji. It's so limited in what it's trying to convey. I think I can see a tear beneath the left eye, but it could honestly be mistaken for an error on the designer's part. It sorta reminds me of a ghast's face.
upload_2018-3-1_19-14-25.png
This conveys a state of sadness so much better than :(. It's perhaps a little too traumatic, but it does an excellent job at conveying despair.

Confused emoji
:confused1:The confused emoji now looks sadder than the frown emoji, which was supposed to look sad. The old one had crossed eyes, a wiggled mouth and was slanted, alluding to confusion. Perhaps it's just me, but the new one doesn't convey any hint of confusion at all.
upload_2018-3-1_19-19-3.png
You can tell this guy is truly puzzled. It looks like it's just been hit over the head with a mallet or something.

Shocked emoji
:eek:I guess he looks shocked, but compared to the old version?
upload_2018-3-1_19-16-23.png
This thing looks like it's just witnessed a guy blow milk out his nose, or an epic airshow, or a bank robbery. It looks a thousand times more surprised than the new one, and will probably be the one I miss the most. I'm going to miss spamming this thing :c

Eye-roll and Oops emojis
:oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::oops::oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:

These things look really similar, and don't appear to be expressing any form of emotion at all.

Tongue emoji
:p
The tongue can easily be mistaken for a duck's bill, especially considering the yellow face.
upload_2018-3-1_19-30-41.png
The old one is frustratingly cheesy so I hated using it myself, but you could tell what emotions it was supposed to convey.

Angry emoji
:mad:
If it weren't for the red skin, you'd have no idea this face was supposed to convey anger at all. It looks more fitting as a sad face :/
upload_2018-3-1_19-36-28.png
Here's the old one, looking like it wants to throw a brick through somebody's Activision's window.

Good emojis

:):cool:These are pretty good :3 You can see the former is super thrilled by the V-shaped eyes, and the latter, while not as good as it used to be in my opinion, still gets the message across very nicely.

I think the problem with these new emojis is the shape. Being square, they're far more limited in what they can facially express because they no longer represent plausible faces. People can have round faces, but they cannot have a face that's a perfect square. Also, facial features are a lot thicker now. Just compare these two for instance: :);) This gives much less room to actually express emotions. Lastly, there's much, much less detail. The old ones had quite a bit going on (i.e. winking, open mouth with colour rather than a single black square, etc.).

I wouldn't mind the new ones staying, but could we also have the old ones back please? I miss them already and I only noticed they were removed five minutes ago. Considering the old ones are probably still available, why not have both batches? c:

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-1_19-14-17.png
    upload_2018-3-1_19-14-17.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 65

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
It kills me to hate on a community-suggested (I guess?) update so soon, but these are really hideous to me... :(
View attachment 143055

Frown emoji
:(This emoji is supposed to be a frown and replaced the former sad-face emoji. It's so limited in what it's trying to convey. I think I can see a tear beneath the left eye, but it could honestly be mistaken for an error on the designer's part. It sorta reminds me of a ghast's face.
View attachment 143057This conveys a state of sadness so much better than :(. It's perhaps a little too traumatic, but it does an excellent job at conveying despair.

Confused emoji
:confused1:The confused emoji now looks sadder than the frown emoji, which was supposed to look sad. The old one had crossed eyes, a wiggled mouth and was slanted, alluding to confusion. Perhaps it's just me, but the new one doesn't convey any hint of confusion at all.
View attachment 143059You can tell this guy is truly puzzled. It looks like it's just been hit over the head with a mallet or something.

Shocked emoji
:eek:I guess he looks shocked, but compared to the old version?
View attachment 143058This thing looks like it's just witnessed a guy blow milk out his nose, or an epic airshow, or a bank robbery. It looks a thousand times more surprised than the new one, and will probably be the one I miss the most. I'm going to miss spamming this thing :c

Eye-roll and Oops emojis
:oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::oops::oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:

These things look really similar, and don't appear to be expressing any form of emotion at all.

Tongue emoji
:p
The tongue can easily be mistaken for a duck's bill, especially considering the yellow face.
View attachment 143060The old one is frustratingly cheesy so I hated using it myself, but you could tell what emotions it was supposed to convey.

Angry emoji
:mad:
If it weren't for the red skin, you'd have no idea this face was supposed to convey anger at all. It looks more fitting as a sad face :/
View attachment 143062Here's the old one, looking like it wants to throw a brick through somebody's Activision's window.

Good emojis

:):cool:These are pretty good :3 You can see the former is super thrilled by the V-shaped eyes, and the latter, while not as good as it used to be in my opinion, still gets the message across very nicely.

I think the problem with these new emojis is the shape. Being square, they're far more limited in what they can facially express because they no longer represent plausible faces. People can have round faces, but they cannot have a face that's a perfect square. Also, facial features are a lot thicker now. Just compare these two for instance: :);) This gives much less room to actually express emotions. Lastly, there's much, much less detail. The old ones had quite a bit going on (i.e. winking, open mouth with colour rather than a single black square, etc.).

I wouldn't mind the new ones staying, but could we also have the old ones back please? I miss them already and I only noticed they were removed five minutes ago. Considering the old ones are probably still available, why not have both batches? c:
+6 (Yes daddy's have more votes then youngchildren.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I'd like to see them back. I really do feel like the older ones portray what they're suppose to be more than the newer ones. ;p

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom