Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Stan J.K. Rowling! <3

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

I'm not the only one who has seen, and argued about, ~16 year old Moderators or Helpers who fulfill their "duties" as Staff in a way that's not very staff-like. I don't have any receipts of this, I might be able to find some in my screens folder if someone would really want to see them, but not the point here. One verifiable case was July this year, where a mod wrongfully muted me and then kept following me into game lobbies and even went as far as hitting me in game. (lol)

One of the requirements to apply for Helper is — and you might want to sit down for this one — to be at least 14 years old.
Now, age doesn't always hint at immature behavior. There are Staff members under the age of 18 that behave very accordingly, and I know several of them. But to make sure you're not a) wasting time of kids/teens and b) making sure you get a higher % of mature applicant, set the minimum age to around 16-17.

I feel like I'm making a dull point by suggesting this, because I am sure that those behind the wheels of this would not accept immature people in their staff teams. And perhaps they did not, at the time of them accepting those staff members. It could very well be the pressure of having a Staff rank on a server. Being of immature age can also contribute to the former. So, periodical controls — if those are not already happening — should absolutely be a thing. I could elaborate on what these "controls" could look like, but there's a mature and intelligent team of Admins who could come up with good ideas, if implemented.

can't wait for the moderators to downvote this one ngl

Kind regards,
Stan J.K. Rowling! <3
jk-rowling-laugh.gif

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Age has nothing to do with the maturity of each person.
There may be 16-year-olds who are less mature than a 14-year-old.
The important thing is that the person who is going to apply to staff meets the minimum requirements (one of them is maturity) and is really prepared for that rank.

Honestly, there are many staffs with less than 200 forum posts that do better work than others with many more.
14 years seems a good minimum age requirement and as I have said before, the important thing is maturity and preparation regardless of age (17 years old is extreme for a minimum requirement in my opinion)

• Agree
Reactions: Silco

Stan J.K. Rowling! <3

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2020
Age has nothing to do with the maturity of each person.
There may be 16-year-olds who are less mature than a 14-year-old.
The important thing is that the person who is going to apply to staff meets the minimum requirements (one of them is maturity) and is really prepared for that rank.

Honestly, there are many staffs with less than 200 forum posts that do better work than others with many more.
14 years seems a good minimum age requirement and as I have said before, the important thing is maturity and preparation regardless of age (17 years old is extreme for a minimum requirement in my opinion)
Forum posts are irrelevant to the maturity of x person. Just like having reported 50 people on the website. They're recruiting snitches lmao

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Forum posts are irrelevant to the maturity of x person. Just like having reported 50 people on the website. They're recruiting snitches lmao
I have never said that the number of forum posts is related with the maturity of each person.

Could be moderators who are not working much in the forums but I am sure that they do it in other sites such as discord or reporting
If there are staffs who don't do their job properly, the cubecraft team will take care of fixing it.

Reactions: Silco

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
When I use the term 'minor', I'm referring to 14-year-olds

It is true that age doesn't automatically define someone's maturity, but overall it is safe to say an adult will be better equipped to deal with certain situations than a minor will be able to. This is especially the case with CubeCraft where staff have to deal with toxic players regularly.

I'm 50/50 for increasing the minimum age requirement. Personally, I think it would be in the best interest of minors to not be able to apply, seeing as it does require quite a bit of time to maintain staff responsibilities. Time management as a minor is challenging, especially with school. Dealing with death threats, harassment, and even stalking as a minor can be confronting.

If CubeCraft were a server with 50 something people, I'd say no to increasing requirements. But Cube has a large player base, so surely they should be able to justify increasing the (overall) currently lacking requirements.

Then again, it is just a Minecraft server and the Mods are all volunteers. So it is reasonable that the requirements are what they are.

D

Deleted member 347571

Nowadays people care more about the rank than actually helping people, but i do agree with what Priley has said above me.

You have to understand that no matter how hard they will try to choose the correct people, applicants will always be able to lie about how they are and i think this happens at any age, if an adult would apply for a job somewhere then they would also try to 'sell' themselves in a good way.

Lqgend.

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brazil
You can’t really determine maturity by someone’s age. It’s true that people who are older are more likely to be better moderators because obviously they have more experience, but there are also younger people who are mature enough to have a staff role. However, it’s best that applicants chosen to be in a position of responsibility are capable of the role, although it’s not always easy to tell. As well as this mods are volunteers so raising the age that people can apply it could limit the choice that CubeCraft has for picking new staff members.

• Agree
Reactions: Amazinq

Stan J.K. Rowling! <3

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2020
You can’t really determine maturity by someone’s age. It’s true that people who are older are more likely to be better moderators because obviously they have more experience, but there are also younger people who are mature enough to have a staff role. However, it’s best that applicants chosen to be in a position of responsibility are capable of the role, although it’s not always easy to tell. As well as this mods are volunteers so raising the age that people can apply it could limit the choice that CubeCraft has for picking new staff members.
yeah and in that case, part 2 of my suggestion would fit very well: checking on staff members every once in a while, especially if they've just started.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Imagine having a 14 year old with 50 website reports (a literal snitch) apply for mod and get it 🤡
The role of moderator is there to punish rules breakers, you have to have a very good knowledge of the rules to be able to punish rule breakers and therefore it is natural you get that knowledge by learning from reports whether it be denied or accepted ones. All mods were "wannabes" at one point, "wannabe" meaning reporting rule breakers for a more in debt understanding of the rules which seems to be a phrase that is looked down upon by the Cubecraft community yet it only means someone who is trying to gain a better understanding of the rules to become a moderator who has to have an excellent knowledge of the rules 🤔

So yes, both a 14 year old and a 17 year old can have an in depth understanding of the rules in my opinion

Stan J.K. Rowling! <3

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2020
The role of moderator is there to punish rules breakers, you have to have a very good knowledge of the rules to be able to punish rule breakers and therefore it is natural you get that knowledge by learning from reports whether it be denied or accepted ones. All mods were "wannabes" at one point, "wannabe" meaning reporting rule breakers for a more in debt understanding of the rules which seems to be a phrase that is looked down upon by the Cubecraft community yet it only means someone who is trying to gain a better understanding of the rules to become a moderator who has to have an excellent knowledge of the rules 🤔

So yes, both a 14 year old and a 17 year old can have an in depth understanding of the rules in my opinion
Let's think of x-person with good knowledge of the rules, but at the same time, x-person does not like to report everyone for every single time someone breaks a rule. This "ayo snitch 50 ppl and you'll be able to apply" is nothing but making sure the diehard snitches make it into the staffteam. It's an extremely nasty way of screwing over fellow players over, usually, nothing special like moderate swearing.

But if I recall correctly, you're someone with over 200+ player reports—and the funniest part of all: you're not even staff [insert laughing emoji]. I'm already banned on the server and on the Discord, so I'm not gonna risk one here either. The second hand embarrassment I'm feeling right now, however, is unfathomable.

GeoJosh7

Feb 25, 2021
Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
yeah and in that case, part 2 of my suggestion would fit very well: checking on staff members every once in a while, especially if they've just started.
I agree that staff should check on other helpers to see how they are coping - They should do this with every staff members. A lot of staff quit because they are overstressed with things like school work and work etc
Hi,

I'm not the only one who has seen, and argued about, ~16 year old Moderators or Helpers who fulfill their "duties" as Staff in a way that's not very staff-like. I don't have any receipts of this, I might be able to find some in my screens folder if someone would really want to see them, but not the point here. One verifiable case was July this year, where a mod wrongfully muted me and then kept following me into game lobbies and even went as far as hitting me in game. (lol)

One of the requirements to apply for Helper is — and you might want to sit down for this one — to be at least 14 years old.
Now, age doesn't always hint at immature behavior. There are Staff members under the age of 18 that behave very accordingly, and I know several of them. But to make sure you're not a) wasting time of kids/teens and b) making sure you get a higher % of mature applicant, set the minimum age to around 16-17.

I feel like I'm making a dull point by suggesting this, because I am sure that those behind the wheels of this would not accept immature people in their staff teams. And perhaps they did not, at the time of them accepting those staff members. It could very well be the pressure of having a Staff rank on a server. Being of immature age can also contribute to the former. So, periodical controls — if those are not already happening — should absolutely be a thing. I could elaborate on what these "controls" could look like, but there's a mature and intelligent team of Admins who could come up with good ideas, if implemented.
I domt agree with this part though. If I am being 100% honest, your logic makes no sense. In that text, what you are saying is that people under the age of 16 are more likely to act immature than those over the age of 16.
(Correct me if I'm wrong please)
14 is a pretty reasonable number in my opinion. I don't know the American and british school system very well, but for me in Australia that's high school. Year 8s going into Year 9.
(I think it's nearly high school in America idk)
Imo if someone is not responsible enough to be staff at age 14 and 15, then they should know that and should know the responsibilities.
It sounds like you are making this thread because you had a bad experience with a staff member who you believe was under 16.

Reactions: Amazinq

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
But if I recall correctly, you're someone with over 200+ player reports—and the funniest part of all: you're not even staff [insert laughing emoji]. I'm already banned on the server and on the Discord, so I'm not gonna risk one here either. The second hand embarrassment I'm feeling right now, however, is unfathomable.
Actually all players agree to the rules when joining the server or forums or discord so it's not the reporter "screwing over fellow players" it's the individual doing it to themselves 🤔
I don't see how this has anything to do with it? I don't want to be staff and your original suggestion is about the required age for helper so why don't you stick to your point and save your sour personality for somewhere else

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I've went ahead and deleted some posts as they don't exactly serve any purpose towards this threads topic so please get back on track to discussion and not have pointless arguments with one another thanks and respect each others posts even if they disagree with your suggestion :)

As for the thread itself, personally I disagree with extending the minimum age requirement to 17 as at that point people are more likely entitled to be at work or going to college at that point unlike a 14 year old which is the current age requirement though am interested to see where this thread goes as there are some interesting posts so far :)

Reactions: hxgx and Amazinq

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I think there should be a test or something before you can be accepted as part of the CC team. Let's say, for instance, there's a 12 year old who genuinely wants to help out the server, and then there's a 17 year old who just wants the rank for a bit of clout/fame on the server, but could care less about the server itself. If there was a test to take beforehand, age wouldn't have to matter. It would be based off of the experience and/or knowledge of the person(s).

• Agree
Reactions: CheesySteveey
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom