Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Hi,

Control Point is the former TowerDefenders. Control Point is by far the least populair game on Cube. I think it's a pity. The game is just so fun if you're playing with friends. But it requires some updates, to make it more attractive.

Lobby
The lobby is quite old-fashioned. There isn't a parcour and a vortex jump is missing too. Also on average there are three lobbies with, with 10 players each.

You should change the system so there would only be one lobby with 30 players, This will make the lobby way more cosy.

Lastly the lobby is too small to spawn a sheep farm (Emerlad+). Every spot is too smal or too close to the spawn for a sheep farm.

Maps
There are currently 9 maps, a few of them should be removed. The ghost map is quite unpopulair. Also the candy map is way too big. Most of the times there are only 10-20 people in this map, while it's made for 32 players.
It would be nice if some new maps are going to be added too. These maps must be small, to make sure all teames are filled. (2v2v2 or 3v3)

Please don't spam me with messages, saying I have to build them myself... I'm just terrible at building.

Gameplay
The gameplay is fine, you guys shouldn't change many gameplay related things. There is only one issue you must fix. You've disabled player pushing in team games (EggWars and TeamSkyWars). In Control Point however you're still able to push your teammates which is very annoying.

Kits
Please remove the Witch kit, the kit is very useless. The kit offers you poison/weakness/slowness potions. It's almost impossible to kill someone in 1.9 while having weakness. On top of that you can throw potions on your own teammates! I often get trolled, by my teammates.

Control Point also requires some new kits. Maybe you could host a Control Point kit-design contest. This will also raise the populairity of ControlPoint.

Abilities

EggWars abilities are currently more important, that's obvious.

I got a few in mind.

1. The ability of capturing a tower faster. The prices must be equal to the SkyWars abilities.

LEVEL 1: Have a 10% chance of capturing a tower 30% faster.
LEVEL 2: Have a 20% chance of capturing a tower 30% faster.
LEVEL 8: Have a 90% chance of capturing a tower 30% faster.

2. The ability of receiving blocks faster. Again the prices must be equal to the SkyWars abilities.
LEVEL 1: Blocks will refill 5% faster.
LEVEL 2: Blocks will refill 10% faster.
LEVEL 8: Blocks will refill 40% faster.

Leaderboards
An average game of Control Point takes around 4 minutes. That's why the leaderboard is full of people with 5-9k wins. It's impossible for new people to get on the leaderboards. On top of that, the people on the leaderboards are inactive.

A second leaderboard is needed. It will be a weekly or montlhy leaderboard. This will give more people a chance of getting on the leaderboards.

Also add a 'Towers Captured' section in our stats menu. It's a very important part of Control Point.

I hope you are going to implement some of these ideas. I know there are currently other priorities.

Regards,
Dennis

Last edited:
Reactions: ItzDelano and Cyqni

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Lobby
The lobby is quite old-fashioned. There isn't a parcour and a vortex jump is missing too. Also on average there are three lobbies with, with 10 players each.

You should change the system so there would only be one lobby with 30 players, This will make the lobby way more cosy.

Lastly the lobby is too small to spawn a sheep farm (Emerlad+). Every spot is too smal or too close to the spawn for a sheep farm.
Bigger lobby hmm. Like the BlockWars and PvP lobby, such a lobby? Yeah. +0.75

Maps
There are currently 7 maps, a few of them should be removed. And some new ones should be added. These maps must be small, to make sure all teames are filled. (2v2v2 or 3v3)

Please don't spam me with messages, saying I have to build them myself... I'm just terrible at building.
Wich maps do you have in mind to remove? Build yourself one. :P

Gameplay
The gameplay is fine, you guys shouldn't change many gameplay related things. There is only one issue you must fix. You've disabled player pushing in team games (EggWars and TeamSkyWars). In Control Point however you're still able to push your teammates which is very annoying.
Maybe they can add a 1.8 mode. Because Control Point has a high value of PvP. ;)

Kits
Please remove the Witch kit, the kit is very useless and very annoying.

Control Point also requires some new kits. Maybe you could host a Control Point kit-design contest. This will also raise the populairity of ControlPoint.
Why should they remove the Witch kit. Give some explaination why.

I got a few in mind.

1. The ability of capturing a flag faster. The prices must be equal to the SkyWars abilities.

LEVEL 1: Have a 10% chance of capturing a flag 30% faster.
LEVEL 2: Have a 20% chance of capturing a flag 30% faster.
LEVEL 8: Have a 90% chance of capturing a flag 30% faster.

2. The ability of receiving blocks faster. Again the prices must be equal to the SkyWars abilities.
I like them, however, do you mean tower instead of flag. ;)

Leaderboards
An average game of Control Point takes around 4 minutes. That's why the leaderboard is full of people with 5-9k wins. It's impossible for new people to get on the leaderboards. On top of that, the people on the leaderboards are inactive.

A second leaderboard is needed. It will be a weekly or montlhy leaderboard. This will give more people a chance of getting on the leaderboards.

Also add a 'Flags Captured' section in our stats menu. It's a very important part of Control Point.
It's quite un necessary to add a weekly or monthly leaderbaord if you won't get a reward. Also the top 5 is maybe inactive, but you have that on all leaderboards that there is one or two person(s) that doesn't play on CubeCraft anymore. So -1 for me.

Reactions: HarryVanSunweb

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Bigger lobby hmm. Like the BlockWars and PvP lobby, such a lobby? Yeah. +0.75

Wich maps do you have in mind to remove? Build yourself one. :p

Maybe they can add a 1.8 mode. Because Control Point has a high value of PvP. ;)

Why should they remove the Witch kit. Give some explaination why.

I like them, however, do you mean tower instead of flag. ;)

It's quite un necessary to add a weekly or monthly leaderbaord if you won't get a reward. Also the top 5 is maybe inactive, but you have that on all leaderboards that there is one or two person(s) that doesn't play on CubeCraft anymore. So -1 for me.
The lobby must be a bit bigger. It must be equal to the Skywars/PvP lobby.

I think they should remove the Ghost map, it's not very populair. Also the candy map is way too big. Most of the times there are only 10-20 players in this map, while it's made for 32 players :/

I would love to see a 1.8 mode. I totally forgot about that.

The Whitch kit offers you weakness/slowness potions. It's impossible to kill someone while having weakness.
You can also throw potions on your teammates. I often get trolled by my teammates.:mad:

Yeah I ment tower:p

I understand your thoughts about the leaderboards. I honestly think adding a weekly leaderboard would raise the populairity of Control Point.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Its very laggy and I actually don't know why they should fix that...
I agree its a nice game but very outdated....

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Lobby

I personally like the lobby. Perhaps we'll make it a little more spacious in the future though.

Maps
There are currently 9 maps, a few of them should be removed. The ghost map is quite unpopulair. Also the candy map is way too big. Most of the times there are only 10-20 people in this map, while it's made for 32 players.
It would be nice if some new maps are going to be added too. These maps must be small, to make sure all teames are filled. (2v2v2 or 3v3)
We like to have a wide variety of map types to accommodate different game sizes. More maps in general are always nice.

Gameplay
I'll add it to the bug tracker as soon as I finish this post. :)

Kits
Please remove the Witch kit, the kit is very useless. The kit offers you poison/weakness/slowness potions. It's almost impossible to kill someone in 1.9 while having weakness. On top of that you can throw potions on your own teammates! I often get trolled, by my teammates.

The witch kit is a great support/crowd control kit. I'll add the team-poisoning/slowing/weakening to the bug tracker.

Abilities

I got a few in mind.

1. The ability of capturing a tower faster. The prices must be equal to the SkyWars abilities.

LEVEL 1: Have a 10% chance of capturing a tower 30% faster.
LEVEL 2: Have a 20% chance of capturing a tower 30% faster.
LEVEL 8: Have a 90% chance of capturing a tower 30% faster.

I have some reservations about this one. I think we ought to keep abilities limited only to our largest games. If more people want them, though, we'll have to add them.

Leaderboards

Also add a 'Towers Captured' section in our stats menu. It's a very important part of Control Point.

I hope you are going to implement some of these ideas. I know there are currently other priorities.
Not a fan of this idea. I feel that we'd have to add this sort of thing to all of our games, and at that point, I think the lobby would just be full of leaderboards.

Reactions: HarryVanSunweb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom