Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I’m locking the thread as it has turned into a general complaint rather than a suggestion’s discussion.

Spuuuni's auto-kit suggestion got locked because of this ^
Even tho it was pretty much a complaint thread to begin with.
But alright. Let's complain here then. About stuff like auto-kit that still hasn't been added. Or games not getting updates because they are to busy renaming their precious Battle Zone traps and making more of them.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah and the 'Teaming in solo is bannable' message hasn't been added to all games either, same with the 'rewards after you died and your team wins'.
(This may be a little bit off topic but I am annoyed by this so I am just gonna say it :D)

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Yes please stick to 1.9 forever and keep updating arcade. Thats whats best, my bad.
Both of you have read the reply the completely wrong way.

Just because bad decisions were made doesn't mean that choosing 1.12 will fix everything. I'd rather not add 1.12 to the list of bad decisions.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Both of you have read the reply the completely wrong way.

Just because bad decisions were made doesn't mean that choosing 1.12 will fix everything. I'd rather not add 1.12 to the list of bad decisions.
I can completley understand you don't want anymore mistakes.
Hey, crazy idea. Maybe start fixing those bad decisions rather than updating Battle Zone for the 10th time.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I can completley understand you don't want anymore mistakes.
Hey, crazy idea. Maybe start fixing those bad decisions rather than updating Battle Zone for the 10th time.
We've clearly tried to fix many things, such as vanity & Survival Games, some have worked better than others. However, dive bombing into 1.12 (which BTW is a whole server update is an absolutely massive undertaking) is not going to fix all of our problems.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh yeh, because you know, updating Battle Zone requires all the developers to be working on it.
I was developing the trap system for Battle Zone, no one else. It wasn't eating into anyone else's development time. That was my responsibility, to ensure the trap system was developed for the update, was reliable, added enough of them to make an interesting twist to the gameplay, had silly and fun visuals... And I did that.

"to busy renaming their precious Battle Zone traps and making more of them."
Yeh that's right, renaming the traps took a whole week to do. That's how that works.
I saw that the traps' names were essentially just their effect, so I took a whole massive 2 minutes to rename them to something more interesting. My apologies for not devoting those 2 minutes to a different project I had no authority to actually develop.
I was a gameplay developer, I developed mechanics for games that people would find fun and easy to use, which is more commonly referred to a Front-End development. Something like Auto-Kits requires a lot of Back-End development. Sure, a menu may be relatively simple to code, but do you have any idea what goes on behind the scenes of that menu? Specifically you. 'Cause I sure as hell don't, but that's because I understand Front-End, not Back-End.
Being annoyed that not all the developers are working on one feature at a time is like being annoyed at an orchestra for not hiring more musicians to play a symphony faster... It's just not how it works. But I'm sure you have the development experience to prove me otherwise.

"Why are we still 1.9 we’ve been demanding 1.12.2 since June and started demanding it tenfold in November. Yet we’re still in 1.9.2."
First off, I'd like to address in a small tangent, that there's a critical problem in that statement. You realise that the part of the forum titled suggestions is actually titled suggestions and not demands, right?
Back to the main point; CubeCraft genuinely cares about what it's playerbase want, and I say that hand on heart, swear on my family's well being. But the problems arise when the community asks for something like this, which is an immense undertaking, and may not be financially viable to sink a few months worth of both back and front end research and development into. Do you have any idea how much the base code of Minecraft changes between each version? Not just the big things either... Something which may have behaved exactly the same for the last 10 versions may suddenly change how it works ever so slightly, and then break everything. Then tracking that down, figuring out how to work around that new problem, and adjusting everything else to work with it is such a stupidly difficult thing to do.
But, being sat on the other side of the screen it looks like it's a simple and easy thing to do, money and time be damned.

"CubeCraft should just be more transparent about what they're doing"
CubeCraft is being as transparent as it can be whilst maintaining a professional attitude. Do any of you know what an NDA is? Or what Trade Secrets are? I implore you to look them up.
CubeCraft doesn't tell you what it's working on for the same reason Coca Cola don't tell anyone their formula, or why insurance companies don't tell you how they've come to the prices they do. If they did reveal that information competitors can get an advantage over them.

I'm sorry for being brash, but it ticks me off reading about how CubeCraft doesn't care, and is doing everything wrong, when those people don't have the faintest clue about what's going on.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Oh yeh, because you know, updating Battle Zone requires all the developers to be working on it.
I was developing the trap system for Battle Zone, no one else. It wasn't eating into anyone else's development time. That was my responsibility, to ensure the trap system was developed for the update, was reliable, added enough of them to make an interesting twist to the gameplay, had silly and fun visuals... And I did that.

"to busy renaming their precious Battle Zone traps and making more of them."
Yeh that's right, renaming the traps took a whole week to do. That's how that works.
I saw that the traps' names were essentially just their effect, so I took a whole massive 2 minutes to rename them to something more interesting. My apologies for not devoting those 2 minutes to a different project I had no authority to actually develop.
I was a gameplay developer, I developed mechanics for games that people would find fun and easy to use, which is more commonly referred to a Front-End development. Something like Auto-Kits requires a lot of Back-End development. Sure, a menu may be relatively simple to code, but do you have any idea what goes on behind the scenes of that menu? Specifically you. 'Cause I sure as hell don't, but that's because I understand Front-End, not Back-End.
Being annoyed that not all the developers are working on one feature at a time is like being annoyed at an orchestra for not hiring more musicians to play a symphony faster... It's just not how it works. But I'm sure you have the development experience to prove me otherwise.

"Why are we still 1.9 we’ve been demanding 1.12.2 since June and started demanding it tenfold in November. Yet we’re still in 1.9.2."
First off, I'd like to address in a small tangent, that there's a critical problem in that statement. You realise that the part of the forum titled suggestions is actually titled suggestions and not demands, right?
Back to the main point; CubeCraft genuinely cares about what it's playerbase want, and I say that hand on heart, swear on my family's well being. But the problems arise when the community asks for something like this, which is an immense undertaking, and may not be financially viable to sink a few months worth of both back and front end research and development into. Do you have any idea how much the base code of Minecraft changes between each version? Not just the big things either... Something which may have behaved exactly the same for the last 10 versions may suddenly change how it works ever so slightly, and then break everything. Then tracking that down, figuring out how to work around that new problem, and adjusting everything else to work with it is such a stupidly difficult thing to do.
But, being sat on the other side of the screen it looks like it's a simple and easy thing to do, money and time be damned.

"CubeCraft should just be more transparent about what they're doing"
CubeCraft is being as transparent as it can be whilst maintaining a professional attitude. Do any of you know what an NDA is? Or what Trade Secrets are? I implore you to look them up.
CubeCraft doesn't tell you what it's working on for the same reason Coca Cola don't tell anyone their formula, or why insurance companies don't tell you how they've come to the prices they do. If they did reveal that information competitors can get an advantage over them.

I'm sorry for being brash, but it ticks me off reading about how CubeCraft doesn't care, and is doing everything wrong, when those people don't have the faintest clue about what's going on.
wow where is your shiny dev rank

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
You know, it also ticks us of reading this copy paste message from an ex-developer who has only been here for a few months and thinks he knows more than everyone around.

Anyways, good luck in life - and enjoy the bonus you got for writing this.

ps. I'm sorry for being brash.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
You know, it also ticks us of reading this copy paste message from an ex-developer who has only been here for a few months and thinks he knows more than everyone around.

Okay just completely ignore the contents of the message and reply with a meaningless comment seemingly based on nothing but assumptions.

Just throwing in my two cents here: Of course he knows more than us about certain topics. Since the topic at hand is the suggested auto-kit feature, his response to that was 95% describing how the development works and why it's not as simple as it may seem. He went as far as to explain to you that he specifically only understands front-end development.
What more do you want? Him to bash cube for the sake of bashing? If you want to disregard everything he said by mentioning a completely irrelevant detail to the post, I don't think you're going to achieve much.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her

No worries. Apology accepted.

"who has only been here for a few months"
As opposed to... what exactly? What's your point here? You trying to state that my time with CubeCraft means my input on this isn't valid, just because I was with them for half a year?
You? You have more experience developing for CubeCraft than me? My apologies, I didn't realise.
6 Months was more than enough time for me to get to grips with and understand how their development methodologies work. And you know what? It falls in line with how other development studios work too. It's not a bunch of people programming in their spare time with not a care in the world. These are people who are passionate about what they make, and have their livelihoods on the line.

People on here are always saying "But just do it this way, it's simple!". To you, yes, but you don't have the whole picture or all the information. In an ideal situation CubeCraft could just snap their fingers and throw all their resources at any issue... But that's not how any business works. Without breaching NDA a lot of evaluations go into whether CubeCraft can or can't do something, which sometimes mean a project doesn't even start until months after it's been suggested. That's how every business works.
Maybe, just maybe, if it's a message which you've seen a lot, then just maybe try considering that it might be true. Or you can stick to your out-there opinion that for some reason CubeCraft is hard set on just completely ignoring you.

"and enjoy the bonus you got for writing this."
-TWYptLng9GbYJ7hXxcciU9eFPnMNyKRScnQ1tX1uiIEWVoRitqqRJgz_Ld7hzhz2-5Kg7LTG10NEr-BUwQNO7scygG0gkkIB0yIu6NicIsS87IflqxOgHuqJgtYlsO3t0yTdSYw

Speaks a lot about how you think the world works.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
sorry did you just compare cubecraft to massive international companies

digital tree media is a tiny games studio, situated in the long-forgotten mill town of Bury, who will probably collapse in a couple of years time - hardly like they have as much reason to keep everything behind the scenes as coca-cola does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom