Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
sorry did you just compare cubecraft to massive international companies

digital tree media is a tiny games studio, situated in the long-forgotten mill town of Bury, who will probably collapse in a couple of years time - hardly like they have as much reason to keep everything behind the scenes as coca-cola does.

Astute observation there, CubeCraft is indeed not as big as Coca Cola. That is a very noteworthy point.
But... A business is still a business, whether it's a global drinks manufacturer or a small family owned corner shop. Trade secrets still apply.

"hardly like they have as much reason to keep everything behind the scenes as coca-cola does."
That's... what? No. It's not a sliding scale.
So therefore, by that same logic you're saying that every game studio which isn't doing as well as Epic Games right now should just release their current plans and game ideas to the public, because they don't have as much reason to keep everything behind the scenes as Epic Games does? If they do that, Epic Games finds out what they're planning, then starts development on a project to try and blow their competitor's project out of the water.
Coca Cola's reasons for protecting their trade secrets are just as valid as CubeCraft's; to protect themselves from their competitors.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
that every game studio which isn't doing as well as Epic Games right now should just release their current plans and game ideas to the public, because they don't have as much reason to keep everything behind the scenes as Epic Games does? If they do that, Epic Games finds out what they're planning, then starts development on a project to try and blow their competitor's project out of the water.
every other Minecraft server is incredibly transparent about everything and none of their projects have been blown out of the water

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey, thanks for making a thread about this. As you may know that a lot of "auto kit" suggestion threads have been given the escalated tag, this means the idea will be taken into consideration as a future feature. As Berty stated, a feature like this cannot be made within an hour, week or even a month, features take time. We cannot reply with "We are making this", due to our NDA (which was explained and some people still don't understand it...).

As you know it's my job to get things added to the server, but when I see statements like this: "Let's complain here then. About stuff like auto-kit that still hasn't been added.", it just makes me not want to add it or anything not add it any time soon, as the community (mainly specific individuals) wouldn't reply with "Awesome, thanks!", but would reply with "Finally" or "Cool, about time". I completely understand that you want features added, but complaining, shouting and possibly causing drama will not cause features to be added, but would most likely slow them down.

All of the suggestion threads will be taken into consideration for future features. Thanks :)
If you want me to answer any other questions, please direct message me.

Locked.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
every other Minecraft server is incredibly transparent about everything and none of their projects have been blown out of the water

I'm sorry what? All the large networks are incredibly secretive about what they're working on. While we all speak to each other and are friendly at the end of the day we're all companies wanting the players to come to us and spend money.

The size of the company has nothing to do with how secretive it's allowed to be. You use the example of Coca Cola. You do realise that at one point that was a small shop that only sold it's drink there. They were secretive with their plans and continue to grow their market to this day. If we chose not to share something with you it's not us sitting in a meeting discussing exactly who we're not going to tell something it's just a default. When you work in any company that is working on plans for the future it's completely normal to not be able to discuss them.

On the subject of 1.12 it's not something that has been worth our time to support as the base version. As Rob pointed out just because you think there is a small update there are often lots of small updates to things you would never have thought would have changed. If too many of these go unnoticed you end up having more and more bugs that are completely unknown. Plus once you update to 1.12 we'd have to QA through all our games and maps again which just adds to the workload.

As a person I want to be as honest and open as I can be, ultimately I can say whatever I like but I respect our NDAs. We're always looking at ways to improve the community and we'll be releasing something in the future that will hopefully aid this.

In general I see such a small part of our community constantly whining and it's just getting old. You say you want the best for the server and wonder why so few people use the forums to engage. I can say from a new users point of view that I can understand that some users would put me off. Hell some users put me off using the forums. We've been fairly relaxed in dealing with members of the community that are consistently undermining the community and only provide negativity however for the benefit of the community as a whole this may have to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom