• Keep Axe Nerfs

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnionSoups

Feb 17, 2021
When playing Skywars, you might notice that your axe doesn't deal as much damage. This is because they are nerfed for being "too powerful". I disagree, as the vanilla damage is fair, and nerfing the damage just gives a slow weapon that deals little damage. I killed an axe user by using a pickaxe, that's how nerfed they are. This needs to change.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I dont play java but here is my opinion:
The 'removal' of the axe is stupid if calling cubecraft a 1.9 server.
If calling cube a modified PvP server, that would be accurate and i could understand the nerf.

As a bedrock player im aware my version of pvp is bad.
1.8 pvp is bedrock but good.
I hated 1.9 pvp but have started to gain respect around the simple crossbow shield and axe pvp.
I look at cube pvp and kinda just go like "what the heck happened here"

(Also they officially discussed this on discord and the community said axes bad)

OnionSoups

Feb 17, 2021
I dont play java but here is my opinion:
The 'removal' of the axe is stupid if calling cubecraft a 1.9 server.
If calling cube a modified PvP server, that would be accurate and i could understand the nerf.

As a bedrock player im aware my version of pvp is bad.
1.8 pvp is bedrock but good.
I hated 1.9 pvp but have started to gain respect around the simple crossbow shield and axe pvp.

(Also they officially discussed this on discord and the community said axes bad)
Aw, too bad the community disagrees.

Reactions: Conea64

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Just wanna give input here as a decently high level Java player, the cube style of pvp is so much more fun imo than just axes and shields. It takes better aim and there are way more combos/fighting strategies. It would be a lot harder to enjoy pvp games if it was all vanilla where every fight is the same shield + axe.

As for the actual thread axes have always been balanced fine in my experience

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
Just wanna give input here as a decently high level Java player, the cube style of pvp is so much more fun imo than just axes and shields. It takes better aim and there are way more combos/fighting strategies. It would be a lot harder to enjoy pvp games if it was all vanilla where every fight is the same shield + axe.

As for the actual thread axes have always been balanced fine in my experience
Definitely agree. I really like the strategy that this form of PVP adds, especially when comparing it to top level 1.8 PVP. While I do enjoy 1.9 more (obviously, or I wouldn't be on CubeCraft), being a capable 1.8 PVPer requires more skill when compared to vanilla 1.9 and I think that CubeCraft evens it out and makes 1.9 much more fun than it already was.

Reactions: Deann

Fqbian.

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
The Bear Woods!
I think another reason for the lower axe damage than usual is the fact that it would be too easy for some people! The better players are even more OP!

-Fqbian

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
I think another reason for the lower axe damage than usual is the fact that it would be too easy for some people! The better players are even more OP!

-Fqbian
Idk about this, I think balancing is based on items, not player skill. If this was the case then even lower skill players with axes would have the damage boost over those with swords. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Fqbian.

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
The Bear Woods!
Idk about this, I think balancing is based on items, not player skill. If this was the case then even lower skill players with axes would have the damage boost over those with swords. Doesn't really make sense to me.
Yes, that is the direct answer, indirectly it is the same. Stronger axe -> More damage -> more kills -> people who are already "good" get even better as opposed to "less" good ones.

-Fqbian

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Couldn’t agree more. Axes are fun to use for me, the axe crits are so satisfying and I can’t have that fun in SkyWars where axes do half the damage. Do you know how much wins I would get if axes did normal damage? There are already a bunch of good players that can counter axe users if axes did do normal damage. And axes don’t even do much knockback! Just remove the axe nerf man, ju-ju-just remove hit.

- The Axe Wielding Vindicator

Not_Red_Fox

Apr 1, 2021
When playing Skywars, you might notice that your axe doesn't deal as much damage. This is because they are nerfed for being "too powerful". I disagree, as the vanilla damage is fair, and nerfing the damage just gives a slow weapon that deals little damage. I killed an axe user by using a pickaxe, that's how nerfed they are. This needs to change.
axes are in vanilla already op and need to be nerfed but if they make it so weak that you can kill an axe user with a pic that's not good. the mods need to find the perfect sweet spot for it and then there shouldn't be as mean problems as there are now about axes

EnderKnightError

Jun 16, 2018
Australia
axes are in vanilla already op and need to be nerfed but if they make it so weak that you can kill an axe user with a pic that's not good. the mods need to find the perfect sweet spot for it and then there shouldn't be as mean problems as there are now about axes
Hi! Please avoid necroposting on threads that haven't been posted on for over 3 weeks as it's not allowed. (Does not apply to Game threads, Introductions, Map submissions or News posts.)

~Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Pluisje wrote on Frontlane's profile.
pro helper??!?!?!
Pluisje wrote on caraMel's profile.
I really like cheese, do you?
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #52-
The minecraft music disc 11 lasts for 1 minute, 11 seconds and 111 milliseconds!
It was hard writing this on a tv (yes, I sometimes write facts on a tv lol).
Top Bottom