Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How should damage inconsistencies be fixed?

• Sharpness damage is fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
This is a 2 part feedback post that only applies to Bedrock:

Part 1: Regular Damage

Everyone knows how damage works on Minecraft, but the way it works on CubeCraft doesn't match vanilla Bedrock.
There are already posts that talked about the damage but the table below will show the expected and actual damage of weapons without enchants (using swords and trident as example):

Wood/Gold SwordStone SwordIron SwordDiamond SwordNetherite SwordTrident
Expected Damage (adds fist damage)567899
Actual Damage456789

The table showed that the actual damage value is inconsistent (trident damage doesn't match netherite sword). To fix that, all weapons should get +1 damage increase or lower the damage of trident by 1.

Part 2: Sharpness Damage

Sharpness is also something on CubeCraft that is not the same as in vanilla Bedrock.
The table below will show the expected and actual damage values of sharpness:

Sharpness 1Sharpness 2Sharpness 3Sharpness 4Sharpness 5
Expected Value
(+1.25 per level)
+1.25+2.5+3.75+5+6.25
Actual Value
(starts at +1, then 0.5 per level)
+1+1.5+2+2.5+3

As you see in the table, the damage value is consistent, however it makes even number sharpness levels useless because they do the same as damage as the odd sharpness level before it. According to some testing I did, the decimals are ignored, and the damage is not rounded since I expected the 0.5 to round to 1.

Opinions:

I would want damage to be buffed, but due to players taking more damage since 1.19 update, I have mixed opinions on it since if damage were to get buffed, it would make weapons even more deadly (for example if sharpness was buffed, sharp 2 would be as strong as sharp 3 before the nerf, and sharp 3 would be as strong as sharp 5 before the nerf) but at the same time, it will make the stated damage value in game correct.

What are your thoughts on it? Do you think damage should get buffed or you think the damage is fine? Or do you have mixed opinions on it? Answer the poll above after reading this post (select only two answers)

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
As someone who has analyzed and tested the damage quite extensively (I assume that'sthe posts you might have referred to), the thing is that cubecraft simply adapted the system of the current minecraft version.

Idk which it was before. My theory is that it used the old bedrock system, where the damage calculation was as simple as damage minus whatever the armor reduces, but now the damage is calculated the same way as it is on the newest version of bedrock, which apparently also uses the samer system as java. And the damage values of each weapon are already nerfed by one point compared to what they are on vanilla bedrock (except for the trident).

What I am trying to say is: They may not have intended for killing to be quicker, they might have simply tried to be more up to date with the current version of minecraft and stop using an outdated system.

I do think less damage would be good, it would achieve what the server wants in terms of helping new players and it'd allow for better reaction times if you are suprise attacked. But at the same time the damage is already nerfed in comparison to vanilla, I do not know how, if at all, they could nerf the damage any further.

It seems almost impossible for them to nerf the damage more than it already is. Compared to vanilla, we die pretty slow anyway unless a trident is used.

A mode I think would benefit from a damage increase, though, is overpowered mode. As much as I enjoy long games, having to hit someone with a 9 damage trident and being unable to kill them until their armor breaks is kind of painful, and I mean literal pain, my fingers kinda hurt after that much clicking. And I don't mean that as an overexaggeration either, I literally had to fight someone the other day until his armor broke because of how hard it was to kill him. The fight lasted minutes and the game itself almost half an hour.

By the way, on an unrelated note: I really love your formatting here.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that right now, damage is too high. Either damage should be nerfed, or we Should be given worse wepons. In my experience playing, it usually take around 4 hits to kill someone on average, which is too small in my opinion. I also think health regeneration speed needs buffed in order to nerf third partying.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
damage is waaaaayyyyy to high while regeneration is waaaaayyyyy to slow. if the damage were to increase even more i would quit instantly, cube is alredy only borderline unplayable
That's why I put the second option in the poll.
Also, I mentioned that my thoughts on it are mixed and explained why I think so.
This is a feedback post, its there to see what people think

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom