Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see competitive parkour like this on our Network?

• Yes

Votes: 69 82.1%
  • Yes, but with some adjustments

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • No, but with some adjustments it could change my opinion

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMigrationKing

Aug 17, 2019
The Netherlands
I don't know for sure if these ideas have already been said but here I am

.a rare power up that gives u 2 blindness potions to trow, 5 sec potions

.and a very rare power up that gives speed 2 for 10 sec/5

.and a power up like a banana but different,the person that gets it can place like a hole of 1by 2/3 so the people that go in stop sprinting (obviously not a hole that stays for long just like 10-20/sec.

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
The truth is that when I read this idea, I couldn't believe it. I'd love to see this added to CubeCraft as I really like the Competitive Mode and more so if they're that kind of racing.

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I personally wouldn't play this but I do really enjoy death run I don't like the powerups I wouldn't enjoy having powerups in the game just makes it luck based also I don't like that there's more chance for a top 3 player to get an unlucky power up just feels like it's trying to make everyone win just feels like death run but worse. I also very much like the part where I can kill others in death run I think this is very fun when playing death run I always hope to get the killer since I find that the most fun. I don't think a competitive parkour would be a very popular game anyways would rather have a game like blockwars come back I don't see a potential for a game like death run on cubecraft since I don't think many players play parkour and now a competitive parkour where you have to play against others as actual parkour instead of what death run is more not really skill of doing the parkour since the parkour isn't really difficult and then when you fail 5 times your out I don't think the game is very noob friendly and I don't think it will be able to compete with death run. I don't think many new players will like playing this game against people who will be actually be very good at parkour. Since I don't think they're will be any way for them to get a chance to win or come close

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a really original idea and I would love this version of competitive parkour, especially with the Mario Kart power-ups.

I like that there are more non-pvp minigames getting suggested because I'm not always in a mood to pvp. This is definitely a great minigame where you can just chill with friends and have some fun without too much competition going on. The mechanics of this game look rather balanced and I don't see any problems with the gameplay.

I also really like the aspect that a player can also lose because something randomly falls on them, so the players are not dependent on anyone who is winning. Something unexpected can really impact a game especially when you're in 1st place.

DeathMotion

May 12, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
It's so difficult to create a new suggestion and let it go trending. So as you can see this thread/suggestion is really good created and explained, but it isn't popping off. The forums used to be so much more active.

I hope this suggestion will be implanted.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It's so difficult to create a new suggestion and let it go trending. So as you can see this thread/suggestion is really good created and explained, but it isn't popping off. The forums used to be so much more active.
I hope this suggestion will be implanted.
To be honest, I have had far more positive feedback then I ever could imagine. Yes more likes and positive votes is awesome, but no it does not mean the entire world to me as the like/dislike ratio we currently have is also a good indicator 😛

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I really like this game concept! At first I didn’t really understand what would differentiate it from our already existent competitive parkour mode, but the obstacles and power-ups you describe sound really creative and would definitely give the game a spark of intensity. Hive’s game mode has got to be one of the oldest yet best preserved game modes in all of Minecraft, and any variation of it would certainly do amazing seeing it has a big public. Your idea made me remember Wing Rush, which to me is one of the most enjoyable games we have in the network, part of it due to power ups since every match you play will feel different, that is something very important: if you have random modifiers in the game, players should never feel bored since their experience is ever-changing. I would personally love to see something like this take part of our current pool of arcade-ish non-pvp game modes. And seeing the incredible amount of support it got, I have nothing else to say apart from... Suggestion Escalated!

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
This is an amazing idea. There have been suggestions for competitive parkour in the past but none as thought out as this. The amount of time you put into this really shows. I voted yes because parkour needs a revamp and I have no negative feedback for this idea other than it doesn’t have an implemented tag!

I like how much time and effort you must have put into constructing this so neatly. It makes it almost enjoyable to read. If I were to suggest a name, go with something like "Parkour Run," or something that tells the player that it is a race, or competitive.

Some feedback:
While I do very much enjoy the idea and there are no words in any language on earth that can possibly express my excitement for this, I also agree with what you said about how these races should not be very long, but even 5 minutes is a lot. If a game takes 5 minutes just for the first placer to reach the end, without the end timer, it would be kind of pointless. I think a good time would be around 5 minute, but also short enough that it is fun to play one round. It should be fast enough that it is easy to build up a streak. If you can get that, you should nail the perfect maps too!

I believe that I could also help with building this parkour as I have build hundreds of parkours on Xbox 1 edition, and have a real passion for building it. I find it not only enjoyable, but entertaining as well! I love to work in teams and when it comes to making unique parkour, there is no limit to my creativity!

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey, we've had a look at this suggestion and we really like the concept of this as a parkour gamemode separate to competitive, one thing that worries us of course is the Parkour player count, its very easy for people to say "this will increase the player count" but we need evidence of these things in order to push forward with an addition, otherwise we end up wasting our resources.

I think this gamemode would work best if released with competitive on Java at the same time as separate modes, as it's a fun and goofier alternative to what is competitive; a straight forward skill based gamemode.

However this type of addition is quite huge for a suggestion and would take a while to implement, for this reason we're not confident enough right now with our information to mark this as planned yet.

We'd like to do additional research and get back to you with another follow-up response in about two months, which may seem like a lot of time but for a project of this size is necessary in order to be confident in our decision and ensure that we actually fulfill our response, we want the community to understand that any response we rush would be inaccurate which is why we're taking the time to look at this.

I'm going to leave the thread open for continued discussion until then.

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Hey, we've had a look at this suggestion and we really like the concept of this as a parkour gamemode separate to competitive, one thing that worries us of course is the Parkour player count, its very easy for people to say "this will increase the player count" but we need evidence of these things in order to push forward with an addition, otherwise we end up wasting our resources.

I think this gamemode would work best if released with competitive on Java at the same time as separate modes, as it's a fun and goofier alternative to what is competitive; a straight forward skill based gamemode.

However this type of addition is quite huge for a suggestion and would take a while to implement, for this reason we're not confident enough right now with our information to mark this as planned yet.

We'd like to do additional research and get back to you with another follow-up response in about two months, which may seem like a lot of time but for a project of this size is necessary in order to be confident in our decision and ensure that we actually fulfill our response, we want the community to understand that any response we rush would be inaccurate which is why we're taking the time to look at this.

I'm going to leave the thread open for continued discussion until then.
"And that, son. Is how I got on the leaderboards."
- Future me
Honestly though, this would be an amazing gamemode! (for me, that is!)
I hope to see this on Bedrock too as a lot of Bedrock-Edition players could use more parkour practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vanilla extract is the definition of clickbait ONG
Old Picture a friend did when I did Roblox videos hahah. I think this thumbnail never got used but I still like this art style:D
20210306_172301.png
Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom