Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
What are community maps?
At its core, community maps are map submissions that don't need to be redone by the build team, and are only around for a limited amount of time, which is anywhere from a week to a few months. They're maps made by players, the community, and are played by the whole cubecraft game network. Anyone can make them, but only the favorite maps chosen by the community will be played. They can be for any game: FFA, Duels, Eggwars, Skywars, SG, etc., but the main difference between community maps and maps made by the build team is that although a player's map may not be as beautiful or as big as builder's, they are a refreshing break from the old maps that everyone knows like the back of their hand.

How does it work?
-Briefly put, when someone makes a map for a game, they will upload it to the forums with screenshots that highlight their build.
-Next, the build team and or management will choose the best map, if any, that are well thought out, are above average quality, and follow the guidelines, which I'll get to later.
-Then, once the map has been made, the builder must have a way of giving his build to the server, whether that be a .schematic or .mca (region) files, and any minor changes that builders think necessary will be changed.
-Finally, the map(s) are introduced to the server for everyone to play on once every month, with a thread posted in the news board.

Why?
There are many pros to adding community maps. One of the most obvious reasons is that there would be more players in games. New maps always means for more players to explore, play, and have fun on them. Involving the community with the server allows for players to be apart of and active in the decisions made by Cubecraft. These maps give a much needed incentive to play on games that may not have been updated in a while, and bring the community together.

What are the guidelines?
The guidelines are general criteria that the map in question must follow to be accepted.
For example:
Forums:
When submitting a map, you must include the game you're submitting the map to in the thread title.
Example: Eggwars speed team: Fantasy
You must include a brief description of your build with screenshots and say if theres anything anyone should know about your map.
Example: I made this fantasy map for Eggwars Speed Team, and one thing you should know is that I used diamond blocks to signify where the cages should spawn.

(then, game-specific rules)

Eggwars Speed Team:

There must be a "middle" or ground for players to travel to.
The center must be big enough to allow PvP between players, and must allow room for players to hide and run.
The center must be relatively close to the player's island.
There must be enough generators for each team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The idea of community maps is difficult to implement, but I think that something like this is a fun way to challenge the community. I do, though, suspect there may not be a lot of community maps, due to quality standards and the effort required by players to make a map. However, for the few maps that are accepted into the server, I think that the rewards that new maps would bring outweigh the cons. Thanks for reading, and I hope that I was able to explain the idea well enough.

Last edited:
L

Lightning McQueen

Hey why not, I make decent maps anyway. Like rn I’m building Tostarena- its hard sonce its so colourful so its easy to make it hideous.

How hard can island maps be anyway? I’d definitely love to build with someone just for how fun it would be. @Shamel @Shamel @Shamel @Shamel @Shamel @Shamel

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/community-maps.205276/

Not possible because builders would have to make changes to the lobby and it's too difficult for the devs to add a second type of maps, that would be even harder than placing a sign. Also the maps might become too popular and players would stop playing the original maps, but having less original maps open would make the builders sad.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom