Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Alright, I get it.
Conclusion: This isn't broken or a bug, and it has to stay this way because giving rewards for voting is against EULA.
Argument closed for me.
I just read about the EULA, it says non cosmetic items such as currency but experience points does not count as currency as it is something to show off, experience has nothing else accept to show off your level

D

Deleted member 169486

I just read about the EULA, it says non cosmetic items such as currency but experience points does not count as currency as it is something to show off, experience has nothing else accept to show off your level
I just read through it and it doesn't say anything, and they can't handle 'indevigual cases' about their EULA so...

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Good point.
I voted and didnt recieve anything, probably the EULA

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Isn't there something going on about the EULA not wanting servers to bribe players to vote for their server?
I'm only repeating what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong.
http://prntscr.com/eaoagd This is really confusing me.

That's indeed the reason why nobody recieves a cubelet anymore for voting,
@TheJeroen
One word: EULA .....
Alright, I get it.
Conclusion: This isn't broken or a bug, and it has to stay this way because giving rewards for voting is against EULA.
Argument closed for me.
Here is the quote that makes people think that made people think voting rewards were against EULA:

If you give anything in return for voting for your server, such as “Vote tokens” or other items, the same restrictions apply as for hard currency (real money). Giving soft currency in return for voting is not allowed. You can, however, have a “vote goal” (similar to a donation goal) and give the same item/perk (cosmetic or not) to all players currently online (regardless if they have voted or not).

I can't find any direct source of the quote just a spigot mc thread so it might not have been said by any mojang staff in the first place but even with what this says you can still offer anything for voting that you could give to donators. "...the same restrictions apply as for hard currency (real money)" If cubecraft wanted they could give obsidian ranks a million cubelets every day as they are merely cosmetic so they can do the same for voters. The same applies for experience as it is merely cosmetic. Now by soft currency this would mean points for the in game shops for cubecraft.

Also nothing in the actual minecraft EULA states anything about voting in the first place and the only people I can see getting in trouble for giving out non cosmetic voting rewards is the server list websites themselves as they make ad revenue from people who vote and visit their website (probably the main reason why voting for non cosmetic items is supposedly against EULA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom