Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think it is a good idea?

• Total voters

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Hey all so my suggestion is to add a sticky thread describing how to identify cheaters, campers, ect. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish a cheat from a glitch. With this, users reporting cheaters would most likely have a greater success in doing so if they understand how to identify one from the other. A thread like this should be posted as a sticky thread in the "Report a Bedrock Player or Bug" sub-forum. I think it should describe all the offenses with video examples. E.g. camping can be fairly ambiguous if it is punishable or not, with a guide like this people would be able to tell the difference between sky basing or just the retreat upwards as well as having a better understanding of what to report or not.
For illegal modifications, it should outline them with a short clip of what it looks like.

I think this would be so helpful for newer people reporting since sometimes identifying if it is a cheat/rule break can be hard especially when there isn't a fine line. Let me know what you think!

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
Hey all so my suggestion is to add a sticky thread describing how to identify cheaters, campers, ect. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish a cheat from a glitch. With this, users reporting cheaters would most likely have a greater success in doing so if they understand how to identify one from the other. A thread like this should be posted as a sticky thread in the "Report a Bedrock Player or Bug" sub-forum. I think it should describe all the offenses with video examples. E.g. camping can be fairly ambiguous if it is punishable or not, with a guide like this people would be able to tell the difference between sky basing or just the retreat upwards as well as having a better understanding of what to report or not.
For illegal modifications, it should outline them with a short clip of what it looks like.

I think this would be so helpful for newer people reporting since sometimes identifying if it is a cheat/rule break can be hard especially when there isn't a fine line. Let me know what you think!
I think this is an amazing idea and like you said some instances of camping or cheating is not visible or not clear enough for people to recognize. It would also teach players what to look out for to keep the network free from cheaters and players breaking the rules.

Reactions: Conea64 and Ben5124

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
there's no downside to it and will only save staff and some players who want to make a report a lot of time, +1 from me! if this isnt a thing for java yet, its worth adding for both platforms :)

Reactions: Ben5124

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
there's no downside to it and will only save staff and some players who want to make a report a lot of time, +1 from me! if this isnt a thing for java yet, its worth adding for both platforms :)
Yeah definitely, I'm not too sure how java reports work since I've only done one haha, but yeah something like this for Java would be really neat aswell.

Goodyannathan

Novice Member
Jun 8, 2020

great idea, would love to see that!

Void Krun

Novice Member
Jul 2, 2020
In the void
I think a good thing that could also be implemented with this is a command like /reportinfo which explains how to report someone. It would probably not be like /who and would tell the whole game and not just you.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Hey Ben, love the idea and I'm pretty sure that there's going to be an update to the rules soon, so hopefully in addition to this the rules around camping and teaming etc. will be a lot clearer.

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Hey Ben, love the idea and I'm pretty sure that there's going to be an update to the rules soon, so hopefully in addition to this the rules around camping and teaming etc. will be a lot clearer.
Oh wow that's some useful information, I never really report for camping because it is so hard to tell, hopefully this would get clearer and get rid of pesky skybasers xD 😂

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Just noticed

"Outline them with a short clip"

Do you mean like get the Devs or something to start hacking the sever? (Not a joke)
xD What I meant was a little clip showing an example of what it would look like. (In a controlled envoironment of course ;) )

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Oh wow that's some useful information, I never really report for camping because it is so hard to tell, hopefully this would get clearer and get rid of pesky skybasers xD 😂
Well generally for camping just so you know, it's really only bannable in two situations
  • A skybase, clearly built only to delay they game
    • it has to be above the map, if the player is on any part of the map it's not bannable, if they're bridging/using the skybase to do anything besides hide it's not bannable, and if there is any way up to the skybase (staircase, ladder, etc.) it's not bannable
    • Example
  • A base built under the map to delay the game
    • this one's easier, it just has to be clearly someone hiding where they shouldn't be, not in a normal map location but on their own platform under the map
    • Example
Both require a chat warning. The rules are hopefully getting updated anyway, but in the meantime hope this helps you get rid of some of those pesky skybasers :]

D

Deleted member 469419

I'd definitely love to see an sticky thread that show-up every kind of hacks as well as camping, teaming information etc. This would be a guidelines that would help you to identify a rule infractor(s) quickly, and although it's true that there's information about this on the rules section, would be nice to have an exclusive thread for this.

Agree. +1.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday
blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom