Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Apr 15, 2021
Me and a friend of mine are playing skyblock. When me or my friend types something in the chat, it goes to the chat, but only he can see it. How are we going to chat?

Jiivan

Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2018
Catalonia
Hai,
Your friend might be shadow muted.
Speech 2.0: Shadow mutes are a type of punishment issued by Microsoft for chat-related behaviour. When you are shadow muted, your message will get sent but other players will not be able to see it. A shadow-mute will follow you between featured servers and Minecraft Realms. Team CubeCraft is not able to help you with this form of punishment, as they are done automatically by Microsoft systems. The only way you can lift this type of punishment is by saying nicer things in chat - this will improve your reputation, and can result in the mute being lifted after a while. Keep in mind that spamming things in chat (such as the alphabet) will not result in your shadow mute being removed - this is against CubeCraft rules, will worsen your Xbox reputation, and can actually cause the shadow mute to be extended, or even made permanent. Shadow mutes are separate from Microsoft privacy settings, which can also prevent you from seeing chat or sending messages. You can check this thread to see how to change your privacy settings" > https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bedrock-a-simple-way-to-remove-your-shadow-mute.234913/

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Me and a friend of mine are playing skyblock. When me or my friend types something in the chat, it goes to the chat, but only he can see it. How are we going to chat?
Does this possibly also happen in the normal hub? (That people can’t see your friends chat) I suggest going both into the same hub to have a look.
If this is the case your friend might be shadow muted.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh damn I’m a bit slow aren’t I? Haha it’s still early in the morning!

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Hai,
Your friend might be shadow muted.
Speech 2.0: Shadow mutes are a type of punishment issued by Microsoft for chat-related behaviour. When you are shadow muted, your message will get sent but other players will not be able to see it. A shadow-mute will follow you between featured servers and Minecraft Realms. Team CubeCraft is not able to help you with this form of punishment, as they are done automatically by Microsoft systems. The only way you can lift this type of punishment is by saying nicer things in chat - this will improve your reputation, and can result in the mute being lifted after a while. Keep in mind that spamming things in chat (such as the alphabet) will not result in your shadow mute being removed - this is against CubeCraft rules, will worsen your Xbox reputation, and can actually cause the shadow mute to be extended, or even made permanent. Shadow mutes are separate from Microsoft privacy settings, which can also prevent you from seeing chat or sending messages. You can check this thread to see how to change your privacy settings" > https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bedrock-a-simple-way-to-remove-your-shadow-mute.234913/
Does this possibly also happen in the normal hub? (That people can’t see your friends chat) I suggest going both into the same hub to have a look.
If this is the case your friend might be shadow muted.

Marked as resolved

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I hope we do not get a repeat of what happened in February when it comes to updates. I hope the EggWars update is prioritized first.
Context: Lunar event released before EggWars Perks update, both in February, and now we have Summer event and EggWars update in development.
GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Top Bottom