Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Apparently you can't say the word "reputation" on cube.
Staff actually listen to the dozens of suggestions about fixing the chat filter please.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
But y tho

How many times have you tried to say reputation online anyways

If you are ever telling someone who is being really annoying that it effects their reputation
Just say that it effects the way they are seen

It would just start more insults
In which you’d be saying it ruins their reputation anyways

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I think it's pretty obvious why it happened to be blocked, but it's definitely not because of the word "reputation" itself. It's just one of those occasional words which have to be worked around through the filter. Unblocking the word "reputation" itself shouldn't be that much trouble.
(These aren't really due to a fault in the chat filter, but rather a coincidental oversight. After all, the filter is filtering what it's supposed to filter, just not as planned)

But y tho

How many times have you tried to say reputation online anyways

If you are ever telling someone who is being really annoying that it effects their reputation

It's not like it's a bad word or anything, so it shouldn't really be filtered anyways. Besides, what harm does the word have?

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I think it's pretty obvious why it happened to be blocked, but it's definitely not because of the word "reputation" itself. It's just one of those occasional words which have to be worked around through the filter. Unblocking the word "reputation" itself shouldn't be that much trouble.
(These aren't really due to a fault in the chat filter, but rather a coincidental oversight. After all, the filter is filtering what it's supposed to filter, just not as planned)

It's not like it's a bad word or anything, so it shouldn't really be filtered anyways. Besides, what harm does the word have?
How long have you been on the internet? Do you not already know any word which can be given a negative connotation will immediately be used to harm

Not to mention I am fairly sure it is blocked for certain letters and that the filtering of it wasn’t a decision but was a consequence of it
Though in fairness that idea starts to fall out that it is letter based when you are in a party with a certain group of people who are trying to bypass the filter and they realise that a certain something which should be filtered isn’t

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
How long have you been on the internet? Do you not already know any word which can be given a negative connotation will immediately be used to harm
Well, using that logic, shouldn't every single word be filtered then?
Also, I can't really think of any scenarios where the word "reputation" itself can be used in a negative way.

Not to mention I am fairly sure it is blocked for certain letters and that the filtering of it wasn’t a decision but was a consequence of it
Though in fairness that idea starts to fall out that it is letter based when you are in a party with a certain group of people who are trying to bypass the filter and they realise that a certain something which should be filtered isn’t
I'm not sure whether you're against unblocking "reputation", or if you're supportive of blocking "reputation".

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Let's filter the word 'love' either then.
Why, you might ask. Well, why would you say 'I Love You' when you can say 'I hate you less then normal people'

How can the word 'Reputation' start insults? Do you really think people would use that word when they can say things like 'Noob, easy, get good kid, ur bad.'

Then let's filter all the words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game