Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 469419

People shouldnt be offended by it even if theyr say you are gay. Honestly very dissapointed that just because its seen as offensive to some cubecraft supports that and censors the word. Kinda homophobic if you ask me. If they show its not an insult and uncensor it so what that they use it to ''swear'' it shouldnt be seen as offensive and the idea that its censored now makes it more a swearword then it is. Its also very exclusive and rude that we cant tell people we are gay and have to use different words to discribe it due to some children abusing the word and trying to bully people with it. Only homophobes use the word and only homophobes are offended by it.

You're right in part; So well, basically you said that only homophobes get offended by that word, well, that's not true at all. I'm not an homophobic but If someone call me gay I'm not gonna be precisely happy, I mean, I'm not against homosexual people, for god sake, no, But It's pretty annoying that someone doubt about your sexual identity, same thing happens in reverse (with homosexual people). Anyone likes that someone doubt about your sexual identity, each has to be comfortable with himself.

I'm not saying about this is completely right, I mean, about adding it to swear list, but I can tell that mix sexuality, policy and religions (almost every time at least) isn't really good.

The problem here is, as I said; that some people will be kidding with it and some people will feel offended.

Also, some homosexual people don't like at all that other people call them "gays/lesbians". Much of them prefer call themselves "homosexuals".

Reactions: i28g

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
You're right in part; So well, basically you said that only homophobes get offended by that word, well, that's not true at all. I'm not an homophobic but If someone call me gay I'm not gonna be precisely happy, I mean, I'm not against homosexual people, for god sake, no, But It's pretty annoying that someone doubt about your sexual identity, same thing happens in reverse (with homosexual people). Anyone likes that someone doubt about your sexual identity, each has to be comfortable with himself.

I'm not saying about this is completely right, I mean, about adding it to swear list, but I can tell that mix sexuality, policy and religions (almost every time at least) isn't really good.

The problem here is, as I said; that some people will be kidding with it and some people will feel offended.

Also, some homosexual people don't like at all that other people call them "gays/lesbians". Much of them prefer call themselves "homosexuals".
Well if you are offended by being called gay that is just weird to me. Just say ok and move on if they dont get a reaction such as NO IM SO STRAIGHT!!!EW NO HOMO HERE!! theyll stop sooner or later. If someone calls me straight to get something out of me id be like u do u iknow im not and thats what matters. Censoring the word gay is offensive to gay people, they can decide for themselves if they wanna use the word gay or homosexual but since both are censored you cant even use either. And when someone calls you gay its not cus they doubt ur sexuality they know some people are like ohnooo how could you think that. Change your mindset its not something to be offended by. Simply and only answer with ''Im not" and then ignore whatever they say. Its very rude to ignore gay people and censore the word just for the few that try to offend people with it and the people that dont like being called gay. Does our opinion not matter?

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
'Birch' seems to be blocked, which is really annoying as whenever I'm trying to help people in the Skyblock hub, I can't tell them which island iron is on (which is about 90% of all questions I receive).
I've just looked up the word "birch" and it's not blocked by our chat filter.

Why is gay/lesbian a censored word. Its a sexuality and shouldnt be seen as offensive. Gay people cant even say theyr gay because people feel offended and cube supports the idea of it being something offensive by censoring the word.
Hey! As someone already said, the words "gay", "lesbian" & "homo" are all blocked to avoid users from using them in a negative way. These words have been blocked for a couple of years now, and the amount of homophobic reports have dropping to almost 0, as most people cannot bypass our homophobic filters. We didn't block these for no reason, each filter has a reason for existing. These we added due to the fact that were getting a lot of reports and homophobic comments said in chat. As said, all of the blocks above are only in the filter to protect our users from hate speech.

Here are some examples of what our homophobic filter caught today:
ur gay m8 ****
purple is gay
you guys are gay
ur gay
ur gay af
gay s*x be like
your mum is lesbian so **** 9 year old
uyou ****ing gay ass lesbian retard
lol lesbian kids
cyan is cheating cuz they are lesbians
****ing homo
****er homo
wat n k*t homo

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
I've just looked up the word "birch" and it's not blocked by our chat filter.

Hey! As someone already said, the words "gay", "lesbian" & "homo" are all blocked to avoid users from using them in a negative way. These words have been blocked for a couple of years now, and the amount of homophobic reports have dropping to almost 0, as most people cannot bypass our homophobic filters. We didn't block these for no reason, each filter has a reason for existing. These we added due to the fact that were getting a lot of reports and homophobic comments said in chat. As said, all of the blocks above are only in the filter to protect our users from hate speech.

Here are some examples of what our homophobic filter caught today:
ur gay m8 ****
purple is gay
you guys are gay
ur gay
ur gay af
gay s*x be like
your mum is lesbian so **** 9 year old
uyou ****ing gay ass lesbian retard
lol lesbian kids
cyan is cheating cuz they are lesbians
****ing homo
****er homo
wat n k*t homo
Censoring these words only shows that it is something negative. It should be unblocked since its not a swearword they will say it as if it is but its not? If they wanna act like saying gay to someone is bad then that shall be their opinion probably no matter the censor or not. Censoring the word proofs that it is indeed a swear word and is so bad your not even allowed to mention the word gay.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Is it possible to make a series of letters be blocked by the chat filter? If so I’ve seen a lot of people bypass and say the n-word insultingly, and would like to see it be patched.

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Is it possible to make a series of letters be blocked by the chat filter? If so I’ve seen a lot of people bypass and say the n-word insultingly, and would like to see it be patched.
Would need the bypassed messages to be able to block it :D

On my skyblock island the word "texting" is ghost muted and we have to say messaging instead. Can this get fixed?
please allow "where are you from, loser? are you from losertown because you're a loser"
I've entered "texting" & "where are you from, loser? are you from losertown because you're a loser", they are already allowed in the chat filter.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I've entered "texting" & "where are you from, loser? are you from losertown because you're a loser", they are already allowed in the chat filter.
"where are you from" blocks the message

Nvm the whole message is still blocked what did you even do

this is bedrock we're talking about btw

I am not shadow muted also

pls cam i need you to do it

Last edited:

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
I've talked to someone about my ex-boyfriend and the sentences seem to be blocked (she couldn't see my messages). It was in private chat. The sentence was something like this 'Oh yeah, my ex-boyfriend did the same, he basically cheated on me'. I don't know which part of the sentence got blocked, but I think it had something to do with 'ex'.
This might be the case with more sentences.

Camezonda

Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
All of these messages are allowed, so I cannot help to unblock them as they are already unlocked :(
1598912496520.png

1598912486263.png

1598912516168.png

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Remove ez from the banned words last since it's useless to have it on they're cause everyone just uses another word for it as e z or izi or easy it's very useless to have it on the list since it just doesn't stop people from using it.

Top Bottom