All Networks Chat filter word requests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Quetzi, Sep 24, 2018.

1. zCris2259_YT

zCris2259_YT Member

zCris2259_YT
    Obsidian
    símbolos como .l. ¿No deberían ser bloqueados?

LonelyNartyta and elchuii like this.
  2. SnowyZaFon

SnowyZaFon Member

xZafon_
    Emerald
    Good job and Thank you:cube:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. v8i.

v8i. Member

v8i
    Obsidian
    I remember I wasn't available to say just a letter "t" in global chat. Iam sorry if it was fixed didin't check it out a long time ago.

4. Elenahh

Elenahh Mod
    Staff Member Moderator

Elenahh
    Mod
    PLUS
    That letter is blocked because there are players who spam it a lot.

5. Zaphly

Zaphly Member

Zaphly
    Emerald
    You better keep it that way. Find the setting right.

6. SanCookie

SanCookie Designer
    Staff Member Designer

SanCookie
    Designer
    PLUS
    Make it so you know if your message is sent or not because now I get ignored a lot, just because people can’t see my message.
    Spambots still can just type something in chat and ask other players if they can see the message, and if other players do see it, they can start spamming it.

Ronzo likes this.
  7. Schedule

Schedule Member

Shomita
    Emerald
    The word "L" (Loser) is used a lot in version 1.8..v

8. MrKarmason

MrKarmason Member

_ThatCombo
    Obsidian
    There is nothing wrong with saying “L” in my opinion.

Gbmq, Koi_YTP and JustAbod like this.
  9. MrKarmason

MrKarmason Member

_ThatCombo
    Obsidian
    Having more than three of the same number in a row. For example “10000” that gets shortened to “1000”. It’s quite annoying when talking about statistics in a chat.

10. MrKarmason

MrKarmason Member

_ThatCombo
    Obsidian
    Also why not get rid of the party chat filter. With good friends it’s just really annoying. I understand it’s to prevent swearing and such but it is just annoying.

Deleted member 352903 likes this.
  11. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    The use of "L" on the server is very toxic, I don't plan to change how the filter behaves in this case. How about instead of typing L you type WP instead?

I'll review how the filter behaves with numbers, the use of numbers in chat lines is one of the ways we identify spam messages, it's also there to prevent users from sharing their phone numbers which is important for the safety of our younger players.

You would have a good argument if we never got reports from party chat. We did, frequently, which is why there is a filter there. Some filters do not apply to party chat though.

Edit: Checked the number thing, 10000 is allowed. Most numbers are allowed with the exception of numbers long enough to qualify as phone numbers. If there are specific examples of phrases containing numbers you feel shouldn't be blocked let me know and I can look into them specifically.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  12. Elivat

Elivat Member

_EliteEli
    Emerald
    I think this has to do with the chat filter, give +1 exp for saying: wp, gj, gl.
    Edit: Gl should always give you 1 exp. While wp and gj won’t give u exp if u already said gg (or wp or gj). Just so people don’t spam them all. Also I think when you add a “!” To “gg” it doesn’t give you any exp, could that be fixed?

13. MrKarmason

MrKarmason Member

_ThatCombo
    Obsidian
    For example when in a party sharing your stats eg kills deaths wins losses etc and it has the same number in a row.

14. MrKarmason

MrKarmason Member

_ThatCombo
    Obsidian
    L isn’t that toxic t only means loser. If it was “very toxic” then wouldn’t you mute for it?

In party chats how about a toggleable filter for the owner to toggle on and off. This would be much easier for people who are let’s say “very toxic” they could voice their opinions to their friends without worry of being punished.

Koi_YTP likes this.
  15. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    This thread is for specific word/phrase change requests for the filter. You could make a separate suggestion for your idea, however, we won't ever put server moderation in the hands of players just because they happen to create a party. If you would like to help moderate the server you should apply for Helper :)

16. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeTheHorizon ♠ Member

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    "Gay", "bisexual", "asexual", and "homosexual" are blocked by the chat filter, everywhere. Why? "Pansexual" and "heterosexual" are not blocked.

Unblock "noob" and "nub" from public chat. This is not a server for 3 year olds.

"Autism" and "Autistic" are blocked. I understand why, but if you're going to have this absurd chat filter, then at least let me say I have autism in peace without thinking that my friends are ignoring me. This is a stupid chat filter.

17. Marieke2001

Marieke2001 Member

Mehriekehh
    Diamond
    I remember this also being a fierce discussion between staff when I was still there, it is being used a lot to insult people so they blocked it. As in the context of “ur gay loser” or things like that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  18. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    Lovely, but why is bisexual and asexual blocked in that case? 'ur asexual loser' makes no sense whatsoever.

Blocking gay is idiotic nonetheless. Everything can be used in an offensive manner. Next thing we'll know, 'kid' also got blocked because people used it in an obnoxious manner.

19. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    Because discussion about sexuality has no place on a Minecraft server. It might be an important issue for you, but we have an obligation to protect our users and, believe it or not, large Minecraft servers are like a carrot on a stick for sexual predators so it is in everyones interests for us to take every measure we can to protect players from that (very real) threat. I recognise that we do have older players that might want to discuss these topics, my suggestion is to do that off the server. In this case protecting our users trumps all.

I'll look at adding pansexual and heterosexual when I get into the office on Monday.
    As already explained, noob is allowed in party chat, I will not be unblocking it from public chat, perhaps think about saying something a little more positive instead?

Elivat, Shallidor and Elenahh like this.
  20. BringMeTheHorizon ♠

BringMeZHorizon
    Emerald
    Discussion about another game has no place on a Minecraft server, let's also blacklist the name of every game name? That's not how it works, you're a public, and open server. Every topic -- non illegal -- should take place on your server. Everything has a place on your server. That's just discrimination.
    What threat? Saying you're gay somehow attracts a pedophile? Tf is that supposed to mean? And if you're so certain about feeling the need to ban topics of sexuality, why don't you also do the same on the Discord server?
    I'm sure the people would LOVE to do that, except they don't know their messages got blocked because of your ridiculous chat filter.
    That's not the issue. Negativity was never an issue. Jokes still exist. Banter is very well still a thing. Saying "ur a nub" to a friend is not allowed without it being considered as "negative" apparently.