Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Character Created Models Be Allowed?

• Total voters
Dec 17, 2019
MTU
Recently, I've been completely deterred from playing on the Bedrock Edition Cubecraft. It seems that they have turned off Character Creation models, so anyone that has cosmetics that they spent Minecoins on they can't use. The only skins I've seen people able to use are ones uploaded online like the Java version, or skins from the Skinpacks. The only logical reason that I believe for this would be due to the fact that in character creation that you can change your height and width for hitbox manipulation as shorted player models would be harder to hit. I would love for them to at least have it set to only allow the Character to be the same height as Steve or Alex, because I hate winning dozens of games of Eggwars as a generic Steve.

Attachments

• SadSteve.PNG
    SadSteve.PNG
    721 KB · Views: 318

Reapz

Jul 29, 2018
www.planetminecraft.com
I tried to play bedrock to check out skins for a HD skinpack I worked on released to the marketplace, but they don't show and it just makes me a Steve. I also didn't see anyone with a HD skin like on the other servers so I think it's a similar issue with HD skins

Last edited:

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
As long as character height limit is restricted to normal I am totally ok with this. I cannot stand people who abuse the height limit for an advantage in pvp. Thanks fully rubik is aware of this and likes the idea of the height limit.

Also, I don’t know if you’ve heard already but this custom character restriction is currently running because people have found ways to hack it and get stuff called custom geometry. So as soon as rubik finds a way to disable custom geometry itself he will re-able the custom skins. So don’t worry, they will be back soon!

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I agree with this suggestion, though this may be classified as a bug report. CubeCraft are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix. This has been happening ever since the 1.13 skin update, and I hope this can be resolved immediately.
However, just adding onto this suggestion, I just wanted to point out that custom geometrical skins that are made in the Character Creator can get you things such as a different height, and items that can be worn that make you larger and smaller, such as the afro item. But when you do have a different height to the normal one, it would be good if a message in the chat would appear saying "This skin type is not allowed. Please change the size of your custom skin to default," and their skin is changed to the default (Steve) for the time-being.
I don't see why skins from the marketplace aren't allowed either. It would be especially concerning if someone bought a skin pack made by CubeCraft and not being able to wear it in the server, so I hope that is fixed soon. There are also a few other bugs, such as your skin not appearing in the social menu. For example, when you look at the leaderboard, practically everyone's skin is a question mark.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, but I think this is currently being fixed. Hopefully you will get your skin back soon!

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-13 212708 - Copy.png
    Annotation 2020-03-13 212708 - Copy.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: OculusNeckbeard

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I tried to play bedrock to check out skins for a HD skinpack I worked on released to the marketplace, but they don't show and it just makes me a Steve. I also didn't see anyone with a HD skin like on the other servers so I think it's a similar issue with HD skins maybe

I also noticed this when I played this afternoon.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Zathelas's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎂
Reesle wrote on Basketman's profile.
Late happy birthday! Hope it was very good! 🎉🏀
yeoxuhang wrote on Basketman's profile.
I'm late but anyway Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Zrqii's profile.
thanks for the follow!