Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the Price be Increased?

• Yes

• No - Please give me a response why you oppose this idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I do not believe that obsidian price changes are conductive of decent gameplay. Obsidian is not hard to break. All you need is a decent pickaxe. It's reasonably priced in all game modes, including overpowered, and - as mentioned - the point of overpowered is that items have crazily cheap values. People might put hundreds of blocks of obsidian on their base, sure, but if you can successfully eliminate everyone and block yourself in, it's easy. The maxed pick literally breaks obsidian in a heartbeat.
Yes, but your reasoning still stands on the "if" portion, if you're successful, but if you're not, then that pickaxe is as good as nothing. I do not disagree with ya on the portion that you could sneak in there and break their egg in a heartbeat if you had the best pick, I'm just saying that "if" you're caught doing so, don't really think you can break the Obsidian in that "heartbeat" 'if' you're being attacked.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
If you speed bridge to an island, the enemies won't even have enough time to get 10 gold ingots, let alone 25.
You can speed bridge with 48 blocks in under 20 seconds.
Let's say you spawn, use your money bags kit to buy blocks (15 iron ingots x 3) that's 45 blocks, and then go to the side of your island and start bridging over. Let's say it takes you 5 seconds to buy your items and get to the side of your island, and 20 seconds to bridge over (Assuming you use all 45 blocks, most maps people rush in only require 20-30)
That's 25 seconds to reach the enemys base.
Now lets take a look at the obsidian perspective, you spawn in, takes you 3 seconds to reach the gold generator, you get 5 gold, now it takes 5 seconds for each gold piece to spawn, since it's a level 1 generator. You already have 5 pieces, and you need 10 more to buy the 5 obsidian for your egg. 5 x 10 = 50 seconds. 50 seconds. The defender has to wait FIFTY SECONDS before they can buy the obsidian they need. You're telling me it takes you more than fifty seconds to rush?
Then that's not rushing, that's called taking your time then whining when the enemy has obsidian.
Lets even look at tea party, the biggest map on tea party. Let's say it takes them 4 seconds to reach the generator, the level 2 gold generator gives 7 gold upfront, then it'll take them 3.5 seconds for each gold piece, since they need 8 more pieces, it will take 28 seconds (8 x 3.5 = 28) By the time they reach the shop keeper it would have been 36 seconds. 36 seconds for them to be able to buy 5 obby. I know for a fact you can buy blocks, speed bridge to your neighboring island in LESS than 36 seconds, so you can literally rush other people ON TEA PARTY.
Your reason is 10/10, I can't really disagree, except for one perspective, you kinda forgot to add to this equation. If you're the player being rushed, of course, you don't have any idea this is happening and gather all your resources, and are about to head to mid. But before doing so you look to your side or see that it said "your egg died", then you have a small chance at heading to their base, and getting their egg and doing everyone in the game a favor. However, half the time you die before even getting there, but more than often, you reach their egg, and without doubt, it's more likely already covered in Obsidian. "If" we're going based on the TEA PARTY MAP.

One of the solutions you propose by changing the price of obsidian from 3 gold to 5, is that it encourages people to rush mid. So essentially what you're doing, is forcing people to play a certain playstyle. You're forcing people to rush mid, not everyone likes rushing, some people like to enjoy and take their time while playing egg wars.
My solution towards the problem helps balance the game mode compare to others, as far as rushing, that ultimately comes down to the "players decision", I'm not here telling, "Hey rushing is the only way to win if you don't rush you won't win", I'm simply suggesting, that if the price were to increase it kinda gives you a perspective where you gotta think more about it like. Would it be wise for me to rush or prioritize getting that protective layer over my egg, if I do rush I basically create a liability, that becomes an asset to someone else who will potentially/more likely use this to get my egg. I do agree, tho, it does change people's playstyle, more so towards people who enjoy rushing this game. Why should other people have to suffer wasting their time and efforts just for someone else's enjoyment?

You're also complaining how it is unfair that people get to have a lot of obsidian on the egg, it takes 5.5 seconds with the 5Gold Pickaxe to break 1 obsidian. This is nowhere near an issue, and shouldn't be treated like one. You don't know what you're talking about, you only want to make the game easier for yourself without thinking about others.
Um, are you ah stupid? Where exactly did I complain about people, getting a lot of Obsidian? If I recall correctly, I simply stated that getting Obsidian can be obtained easily as the price remains. As for the part where it should be an issue, I mean I'm not making it an issue, rather you are? Since you and your friends, if you consider them friends, are posting my thread everywhere and asking them to downvote it, because you're afraid that it may change your game style of playing rather than everyone else. You think this would ruin the game, as made mentioned by your colleagues here...
Onik what you want changed is literally going to ruin eggwars. Also don't call me baby like wtf
This idea is so terrible I can't get over it. One thing I've learned is you can't fix stupid and guess what ur stupid
Also, who is 'you guys'? You don't know if I know these people. Silly goose!
Yet surprisingly you act as if you're not friends, yet surprisingly you "like" each others posts, and make mention of them to add to your reasoning...So I care to say are we really the silly gooses here, or are you and your bunches of friends who have been coming onto the forums just to downvote a thread that affects their game playstyle really the silly gooses here? But you know what rather than blocking you/ignoring you, I am quite grateful you made my thread public, it at least has gotten more attention than what I was expecting it to receive. But, Hey looking at it from the bright side, at least there will be more members in this community, and we can hopefully come to a consensus where both sides can give their opinions towards the topic, and potentially determine what may be good or bad for the server.

Anyways, all drama and toxic acid players aside...
PS: I voted no because I think the obsidian price is balanced right now.
Thanks for your opinion, I understand your reasoning. Also thanks, for trying to help out, I'd just ignore these "silly gooses" they'll be gone after this thread gets closed/locked or potentially implemented, if one can hope so. <3

Reactions: Marieke2001

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Yes, but your reasoning still stands on the "if" portion, if you're successful, but if you're not, then that pickaxe is as good as nothing. I do not disagree with ya on the portion that you could sneak in there and break their egg in a heartbeat if you had the best pick, I'm just saying that "if" you're caught doing so, don't really think you can break the Obsidian in that "heartbeat" 'if' you're being attacked.

Your reason is 10/10, I can't really disagree, except for one perspective, you kinda forgot to add to this equation. If you're the player being rushed, of course, you don't have any idea this is happening and gather all your resources, and are about to head to mid. But before doing so you look to your side or see that it said "your egg died", then you have a small chance at heading to their base, and getting their egg and doing everyone in the game a favor. However, half the time you die before even getting there, but more than often, you reach their egg, and without doubt, it's more likely already covered in Obsidian. "If" we're going based on the TEA PARTY MAP.

My solution towards the problem helps balance the game mode compare to others, as far as rushing, that ultimately comes down to the "players decision", I'm not here telling, "Hey rushing is the only way to win if you don't rush you won't win", I'm simply suggesting, that if the price were to increase it kinda gives you a perspective where you gotta think more about it like. Would it be wise for me to rush or prioritize getting that protective layer over my egg, if I do rush I basically create a liability, that becomes an asset to someone else who will potentially/more likely use this to get my egg. I do agree, tho, it does change people's playstyle, more so towards people who enjoy rushing this game. Why should other people have to suffer wasting their time and efforts just for someone else's enjoyment?

Um, are you ah stupid? Where exactly did I complain about people, getting a lot of Obsidian? If I recall correctly, I simply stated that getting Obsidian can be obtained easily as the price remains. As for the part where it should be an issue, I mean I'm not making it an issue, rather you are? Since you and your friends, if you consider them friends, are posting my thread everywhere and asking them to downvote it, because you're afraid that it may change your game style of playing rather than everyone else. You think this would ruin the game, as made mentioned by your colleagues here...

Yet surprisingly you act as if you're not friends, yet surprisingly you "like" each others posts, and make mention of them to add to your reasoning...So I care to say are we really the silly gooses here, or are you and your bunches of friends who have been coming onto the forums just to downvote a thread that affects their game playstyle really the silly gooses here? But you know what rather than blocking you/ignoring you, I am quite grateful you made my thread public, it at least has gotten more attention than what I was expecting it to receive. But, Hey looking at it from the bright side, at least there will be more members in this community, and we can hopefully come to a consensus where both sides can give their opinions towards the topic, and potentially determine what may be good or bad for the server.

Anyways, all drama and toxic acid players aside...

Thanks for your opinion, I understand your reasoning. Also thanks, for trying to help out, I'd just ignore these "silly gooses" they'll be gone after this thread gets closed/locked or potentially implemented, if one can hope so. <3

So hold on, you are assuming that because I liked other peoples posts who share the same opinion as me, I am friends with them?

The argument that deconstructs my own because it utilises 'if' doth butter no parsnips. Every game is completely different. There's always an 'If'. There's no guarantee that some random will destroy somebody's egg, or kill a lot of people with no egg. Every game is inconsistent. You have to generalise it as it's a wide selection of gameplay. The purpose of keeping obsidian the same is mainly because there aren't any issues with the way it is. It's a problem IF you're rushed, because you could have a game where you aren't. It's not a problem IF you kill everyone.

Obsidian price changes are unnecessary. It is very easy to farm diamonds to obtain a pickaxe with sufficient power to break the egg. Your only option isn't breaking obsidian with a stone pick, you've got up to 3 different diamond picks to choose from. It's also very rare people spam obsidian over their eggs anyway. It's usually only really late game and if you can wipe out the entire map then there's no issue. The worst you'll come across is 2, maybe 3 layers, but that's about it.

You say that it would be devastating if you saw your egg 'dead' while at mid, but that's another 'if'. You can't deconstruct my argument by saying I am using too many If's, but use one yourself.

Obsidian shouldn't be changed, it's not unbalanced and there's no benefit to changing it at all.

Crazygamer257

Jul 1, 2019
Like I said and many other people said if this gets added it changes the game in a negative way.
1) it would be unbalanced
2) it would take more time to get obby (this makes rushing easier than it should be)
3) many people are voting no and giving great reasons why
4) the way it is right now is perfect
I really don't get what you're going for. This is an open poll and it's for everyone to state their opinions. When I or others are saying what we think you instantly get pissy and say it's wrong. Then repeat the same thing to us you did to everybody else... What are you going for honestly? Telling us the way you think of things is the right way and only the right way is really bad. I knew you had a stubborn personality but I'm surprised it's this bad. Get over it many of us think this is stupid (besides the rushers of course)

Reactions: XtremeElectrix

Crazygamer257

Jul 1, 2019
And yes some of my friends are in here voting no.
Everybody voting no is also a long time eggwars players with a lot of experience and know if this gets added it's bad for the gamemode and bad for cubecraft
Keep crying though its really entertaining.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
So hold on, you are assuming that because I liked other peoples posts who share the same opinion as me, I am friends with them?
No, I'm not assuming anything, I had a feeling I knew where you were coming from, tell Shifty, or should I say @GoddessTheEGirl that at least I can take opinions/criticism and don't just block people for opposing me. But for those who are like, you're just being stupid and whatnot here's the link to the so-called 5v5 Egg Wars competition where you can find them trash talking Cubecraft Community people...Link is here, https://discord.gg/TRfVfU3
Although, by the time you join their discord, most of those messages will probably be gone, why, cause they're afraid of change and can only come at you in a mass of people, also cause it potentially put his poor little competition at risk.

Now let's get back to the purpose of this thread, rather than some pointless brainless idiotic people...
The argument that deconstructs my own because it utilises 'if' doth butter no parsnips. Every game is completely different. There's always an 'If'. There's no guarantee that some random will destroy somebody's egg, or kill a lot of people with no egg. Every game is inconsistent. You have to generalise it as it's a wide selection of gameplay. The purpose of keeping obsidian the same is mainly because there aren't any issues with the way it is. It's a problem IF you're rushed, because you could have a game where you aren't. It's not a problem IF you kill everyone.

Obsidian price changes are unnecessary. It is very easy to farm diamonds to obtain a pickaxe with sufficient power to break the egg. Your only option isn't breaking obsidian with a stone pick, you've got up to 3 different diamond picks to choose from. It's also very rare people spam obsidian over their eggs anyway. It's usually only really late game and if you can wipe out the entire map then there's no issue. The worst you'll come across is 2, maybe 3 layers, but that's about it.

You say that it would be devastating if you saw your egg 'dead' while at mid, but that's another 'if'. You can't deconstruct my argument by saying I am using too many If's, but use one yourself.

Obsidian shouldn't be changed, it's not unbalanced and there's no benefit to changing it at all.

Like I said and many other people said if this gets added it changes the game in a negative way.
1) it would be unbalanced
2) it would take more time to get obby (this makes rushing easier than it should be)
3) many people are voting no and giving great reasons why
4) the way it is right now is perfect
I really don't get what you're going for. This is an open poll and it's for everyone to state their opinions. When I or others are saying what we think you instantly get pissy and say it's wrong. Then repeat the same thing to us you did to everybody else... What are you going for honestly? Telling us the way you think of things is the right way and only the right way is really bad. I knew you had a stubborn personality but I'm surprised it's this bad. Get over it many of us think this is stupid (besides the rushers of course)
Now since you both basically stated basically the same points, I'll gladly answer them for you even if I'm restating mostly everything again. But before so, why do I restate them, well I'm kinda doing you a favor since you're what we call "lazy" or people who aren't willing to read the whole thread (most the 1st page, since thereafter it kinda repeats), before stating your obviously already stated opinions.
1 & 2) This affects both rushers and non-rushers because while you may be rushing bases if the price did increase, you'd have to be extra careful and make sure no one rushed you. As for taking time, it kinda makes sense that it should take time, if you were to play other game modes, such as normal or hardcore, you require to put in much effort just to accomplish the same goal. That's why I stated, if we increased the price, this would allow not just a balance for the different game modes, but it would logically make sense that if you really want to cover that egg you should have to some form of effort into it. As for the portion of making you play a certain way or style, if you played normal or hardcore, you would still have rush mid or another base in some way just to assure that you get the gold to cover your egg even if it breaks in a "heartbeat" with the best pickaxe.
3) Correct, some are giving great reasonings while others are just being toxic, and just downright afraid that if this was to get implement it would affect their gameplay style or their tournament. My best suggestion, learn to embrace change and expect change while learning to lose for once, you can't always win.
4) Yeah, it's perfect the way it is, maybe for you and all those considered "rushers"? But for everyone else, I think this would create some form of balance and change. Rushing game modes may be fun, but egg wars is so long overdue for a change in strategy and the way of gameplay, I think by increasing the price, we can allow such change to happen. So like I made mention once, rather be so down negative and stating that this will harm the game mode, we can give it an opportunity, if it does, without doubt, affect the gameplay as mentioned, it can be changed in the future...
And yes some of my friends are in here voting no.
Everybody voting no is also a long time eggwars players with a lot of experience and know if this gets added it's bad for the gamemode and bad for cubecraft
Keep crying though its really entertaining.
Correction on that statement, not "some" but all your friends are here voting no. Typically based on everyone who has voted no, as of far, have been players who know without a doubt that if this was implemented it would change the way of game rushing. Rather than making it easier to rush, it would become a problem, instead of this so-called benefit. As for crying, oh please, I'm having quite blast reading these posts, and at least I don't have to worry about this thread ever losing traction, cause you're doing me a favor, so Thank you.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
5 golds for one obsidian seems overpriced, but also 3 golds for one piece of obsidian is too cheap. They might raise the price of one obsidian to 4 golds.
Yeah, it seems like a reasonable price. It might be something that people may consider.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Thread has been updated, changed the price to something rather more reasonable, if you wish to change your vote you can do so, but if you still remain with the same vote, I will understand the reasoning, which can be based on prior stated questions.

Reactions: Anthoken

Kquirim

Jul 24, 2019
I don't think a change would be the best idea, obsidian is the best defense yes but 3 gold for a piece is just what i would've done. Obsidian is easy to get in that gamemode and in seconds you can get a layer of obsidian.

Jul 8, 2019
United Kingdom
changing the price of obsidian is completely pointless and is not required. i've played hundreds of games and never stopped to think about how annoying it is to get an obsidian riddled eggs. those with a high concentration of obsidian can easily be countered with a good pick and lots of obsidian on an egg is normally during a late game.

it shouldn't need to be in place to prevent rushers. the best way to combat that issue is to be better at defending rather than immediately change a price/mechanic.

your suggestion isn't weak, the reasoning however is. i suggest finding more sound reasons behind switching pricing as opposed to just experiencing a few bad games for yourself. this seems more like a suggestion that was engineered to merely your tastes to prevent people rushing rather than actually benefit the game

ive also heard many say you are a rusher. wouldn't you find it rather painful to get an egg early on if it's.. blocked with cheaper obsidian?

Roubory

Jun 28, 2019
I think that the price should get lower because in only a few seconds, you can get the egg full obi. The ideal price for it would be 5 gold.

MetalStick

Jul 12, 2018
5 is better becouse in 3 all teams making obsidian and being long games. i agree

Last edited:

Lynnes

Aug 7, 2017
Argentina
5 is ok, If you increase the cost and its overpowerd, it would be easier to destroy the egg, faster games, the fun about overpowered is that the games take longer because of that difficulty.

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
Before I get started on why the price should be altered/changed, I'd like to remind you of the pricing of Obsidian,
Pricing Throughout Game Modes
In Overpowered, the price for 5 Obsidian is 15 gold, while on other game modes such as Normal it's 50 and in Hardcore it's 100 gold.

Reasoning why Price of Obsidian should Change,
While it's Overpowered and this should be what is expected of playing such game mode, I ultimately feel that it's a bit "too overpowered", because throughout other game modes you have to put in work to have enough gold to cover your egg. However, on Overpowered you can easily get the amount of gold needed within 2 mins after the game began.

How would it Affect you?
Agreeably, I as a typical rusher of this game mode would find it devastating, if this was implemented, but it would give other players a much greater opportunity in the game. You also have to keep in mind, that Overpowered game modes are quite common across both Solo and Team, and if your life depended on it, you would have to put in work to assure the egg gets covered.

Conclusion:
The price altarage/change would improve the game mode by allowing players a great opportunity, it will also make it so that Obsidian isn't easy to obtain as it currently remains. It will also be balanced across game modes.

What is the ideal price for Obsidian in Overpowered?
I believe that since it's half the price of each previous game mode such as 100 gold (20 gold per block) in Hardcore and 50 gold (10 gold per block) in Normal, t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶2̶5̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶(̶5̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶)̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶O̶v̶e̶r̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶. [Edit: After consensus, a reasonable price to pay should be 20 gold (4 gold per block)]

Side Note: If you're still viewing till this point please look at my other thread and give me your feedback on it, thanks. Here's the link: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bow-price-increase-in-hardcore.219212/#post-1056451
(Edit: If you viewed this thread prior, and wish to change your vote remember you can do so)
I agree with this! This would promote early aggression as opposed to just camping, which is always nice. It is really hard to break an opponents egg in the beginning as many of them get obby extremely fast, so i believe this would definitely improve the game.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom