Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the Price be Increased?

• Yes

• No - Please give me a response why you oppose this idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Before I get started on why the price should be altered/changed, I'd like to remind you of the pricing of Obsidian,
Pricing Throughout Game Modes
In Overpowered, the price for 5 Obsidian is 15 gold, while on other game modes such as Normal it's 50 and in Hardcore it's 100 gold.

Reasoning why Price of Obsidian should Change,
While it's Overpowered and this should be what is expected of playing such game mode, I ultimately feel that it's a bit "too overpowered", because throughout other game modes you have to put in work to have enough gold to cover your egg. However, on Overpowered you can easily get the amount of gold needed within 2 mins after the game began.

How would it Affect you?
Agreeably, I as a typical rusher of this game mode would find it devastating, if this was implemented, but it would give other players a much greater opportunity in the game. You also have to keep in mind, that Overpowered game modes are quite common across both Solo and Team, and if your life depended on it, you would have to put in work to assure the egg gets covered.

Conclusion:
The price altarage/change would improve the game mode by allowing players a great opportunity, it will also make it so that Obsidian isn't easy to obtain as it currently remains. It will also be balanced across game modes.

What is the ideal price for Obsidian in Overpowered?
I believe that since it's half the price of each previous game mode such as 100 gold (20 gold per block) in Hardcore and 50 gold (10 gold per block) in Normal, t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶2̶5̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶(̶5̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶)̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶O̶v̶e̶r̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶. [Edit: After consensus, a reasonable price to pay should be 20 gold (4 gold per block)]

Side Note: If you're still viewing till this point please look at my other thread and give me your feedback on it, thanks. Here's the link: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bow-price-increase-in-hardcore.219212/#post-1056451
(Edit: If you viewed this thread prior, and wish to change your vote remember you can do so)

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Totally agreed, 5 gold per block seems reasonable.

I’m not the most active team Eggwars player but when I play it I have noticed it is extremely easy to get obsidian. Meaning that, the first two pickaxe tiers are completely useless in this game mode, most of the times you will need a diamond one.

It would affect rushers, yes. But rushing isn’t the most fun strategy to experience in my opinion... it can get really frustrating for new players.

Giving them this “chance” you are talking about is fundamental. Because people aren’t gonna leave if the price of obsidian is raised. But, in opposition, many people will stay if they don’t experience being rushed every single game they play.

Reactions: Raxi and Onik
D

Deleted member 436996

I believe that having 3 gold per 1 block of obsidian makes the gamw much more dynamic cause you dont have to stay for very long in your base

Reactions: Raxi and Onik

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I believe that having 3 gold per 1 block of obsidian makes the gamw much more dynamic cause you dont have to stay for very long in your base
The issue isn't about how long you do or don't stay at your base, the problem is that at the current moment having your egg protected basically within 2-4 mins after the game begins is quite too overpowered. Changing the price on Obsidian will make it a bit more challenging, while also providing a balance amongst other game modes. Leaving it as it currently is, makes the price a bit too cheap compared to the other game modes

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Before I get started on why the price should be altered/changed, I'd like to remind you of the pricing of Obsidian,
In Overpowered, the price for 5 Obsidian is 15 gold, while on other game modes such as Normal it's 50 and in Hardcore it's 100 gold.

While it's Overpowered and this should be what is expected of playing such game mode, I ultimately feel that it's a bit "too overpowered", because throughout other game modes you have to put in work to have enough gold to cover your egg. However, on Overpowered you can easily get the amount of gold needed within 2 mins after the game began.

How would it Affect you?
Agreeably, I as a typical rusher of this game mode would find it devastating, if this was implemented, but it would give other players a much greater opportunity in the game. You also have to keep in mind, that Overpowered game modes are quite common across both Solo and Team, and if your life depended on it, you would have to put in work to assure the egg gets covered.

Conclusion:
The price altarage/change would improve the game mode by allowing players a great opportunity, it will also make it so that Obsidian isn't easy to obtain as it currently remains. It will also be balanced across game modes.

I believe that since it's half the price of each previous game mode such as 100 gold (20 gold per block) in Hardcore and 50 gold (10 gold per block) in Normal, the ideal price should be 25 gold (5 gold per block) in Overpowered.

Side Note: If you're still viewing till this point please look at my other thread and give me your feedback on it, thanks. Here's the link: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bow-price-increase-in-hardcore.219212/#post-1056451
You are right,it’s a bit too overpowered.If I have gold 4 generators near me I can easely farm obsidian and spam it around the egg making it impossible for the opponent to broke it.Its too cheap so 5 gold per block for me will be perfect too

Reactions: Onik

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands

How would it Affect you?

Conclusion:

I believe that since it's half the price of each previous game mode such as 100 gold (20 gold per block) in Hardcore and 50 gold (10 gold per block) in Normal, the ideal price should be 25 gold (5 gold per block) in Overpowered.

I do agree that the obsidian price has to be increased.
I voted yes ;)

One little thing; would it be an option to increase the price of Diamond tools (pickaxe) to?
Because if (in its certain state) you change obsidian to 5 p block and the efficiency II pickaxe is still 5 obsidian I dont think lots of players would take the time to farm 25 gold for a full build-in egg if you can break it open with just 5 gold.

Let me know ^:D

D

Deleted member 436996

The issue isn't about how long you do or don't stay at your base, the problem is that at the current moment having your egg protected basically within 2-4 mins after the game begins is quite too overpowered. Changing the price on Obsidian will make it a bit more challenging, while also providing a balance amongst other game modes. Leaving it as it currently is, makes the price a bit too cheap compared to the other game modes
You can get a diamond pickaxe in the first few seconds so it doesnt really sound op to me

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska

How would it Affect you?

Conclusion:

I'm conflicted on maps were gold is as common as iron like Snowy, Mine, Pizza, etc. Maybe. But on maps were you dont even get a gold gen off the bat or the gold gens are lower tier (Nightmare, Construction, Farm, etc.) I'd say no. Although 3 is a little under priced I'd be fine if they only raised it on some maps. If they were gonna raise it for all maps then I'm against this.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
You are right,it’s a bit too overpowered.If I have gold 4 generators near me I can easely farm obsidian and spam it around the egg making it impossible for the opponent to broke it.Its too cheap so 5 gold per block for me will be perfect too
I am quite confused if you agree why is it that you voted No?
I do agree that the obsidian price has to be increased.
I voted yes ;)

One little thing; would it be an option to increase the price of Diamond tools (pickaxe) to?
Because if (in its certain state) you change obsidian to 5 p block and the efficiency II pickaxe is still 5 obsidian I dont think lots of players would take the time to farm 25 gold for a full build-in egg if you can break it open with just 5 gold.

Let me know ^:D
You can get a diamond pickaxe in the first few seconds so it doesnt really sound op to me
Ultimately, you decide whether or not you should focus on covering the egg, buying a pickaxe or buying golden apples at the start. I agree maybe it's too cheap for being only 5 gold for a pickaxe and that the Obi breaks within 5 seconds, but if account the player/players hitting you, and them potentially killing ya. You kinda have to decide strategy wise will having that pickaxe early game really benefit me, since I'll most likely have to fight players, before actually having a chance to attack the egg. Or should I focus on protecting my egg because that's basically my life source, and if it's surrounded by Obsidian I have a small chance at reaching the player and potentially dealing the killing blow and or preventing them from getting the egg.
I'm conflicted on maps were gold is as common as iron like Snowy, Mine, Pizza, etc. Maybe. But on maps were you dont even get a gold gen off the bat or the gold gens are lower tier (Nightmare, Construction, Farm, etc.) I'd say no. Although 3 is a little under priced I'd be fine if they only raised it on some maps. If they were gonna raise it for all maps then I'm against this.
If it was changed, the change would happen across all maps. I'd like to argue and say that, while maps like "Nightmare, Construction, or Farm, etc." may not have that high of levels for the gold gens, the map distance between islands in these maps are quite large by the time most players reach a base, (not fast briding) you'll basically have enough if not all the gold need to place the Obsidian around the egg. But like I made mention prior to this response, strategy wise it comes down to you to decide what actions you decide to take.

Ronzo

Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2016
I agree, imo Hypixel does this best with obsidian bing obtained from mid

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
People like OP because you spend more time in action rather than worrying about your egg. I know that is the opposite of the point of the game but that's how people like to play. Having a higher cost is just more worrying.
Spend more time in action you say, if I recall correctly, anytime people vote Overpowered in Team, people who rush games typically leave 1 person in charge of Obsidian placement, while the rest in the team, rush the game. Like I made mention, Yeah, we Try hards of Eggwars will be impacted by this heavily because we're so used to leaving that 1 person at the base, working on Obsidian, while the rest work on rushing the game. You know surprising half the people who have voted "No" on this thread are people who play the Egg Wars Team on a daily. As far as solo goes, that's basically already been covered in the message sent to @CatLoverSupreme

I understand, this would get heavily decline because, I myself would hate this to be implemented, however when you look at the game from another perspective, a perspective where the game is balance both across all game modes, but also makes it seem fair for other players and gives them a small chance at the game. I think it'd be beneficial towards the server as mentioned by @Elivat here,
Giving them this “chance” you are talking about is fundamental. Because people aren’t gonna leave if the price of obsidian is raised. But, in opposition, many people will stay if they don’t experience being rushed every single game they play.

Reactions: Anthoken

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
True, I feel like the price of obsidian should be changed. Sometimes when I play OP Eggwars, there are so big forts of obsidian that it isn't even fun anymore;

TaperTuinc58926

Jul 21, 2016
I feel like the price of it right now is O.K. While it is very easy to get it in overpowered and makes it harder to break an egg, it is also easier to get a pickaxe that can break it.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Seems to me people are just reading the original post, not reading furtherly, and just stating their opinions...
I feel like the price of it right now is O.K. While it is very easy to get it in overpowered and makes it harder to break an egg, it is also easier to get a pickaxe that can break it.
Not sure if you read the posts prior to yours, but someone already made a near similar question, which I answered, but just cause I'm a generous person, I'll restate my opinion towards this question. Yes, it may be easy to buy a diamond pickaxe and break the obsidian or blocks surrounding the egg, but if you're being attacked by a player or players it doesn't really matter if you have a pickaxe or not. The purpose of the Obsidian is to generally slow down the player from accessing the egg, which is your life source in this game mode. Whether you decide to buy Obsidian or a "diamond" pickaxe ultimately comes back to you, as the player to decide what would be the best decision to take, but why is it across other game modes players have to put in much more work just to get the necessary gold to protect their egg while on overpowered they can simply do so within 2 mins after the game has begun.

The purpose of this thread was that I simply wanted to increase the price of Obsidian mainly to restore some form of balance across all game modes, of course, there are many side benefits that arise from doing this, but also potential risks. So now I ask rather than being so down negative because this will affect your typical playing game style, we should give this an opportunity.

Reactions: Ronzo

TaperTuinc58926

Jul 21, 2016
Seems to me people are just reading the original post, not reading furtherly, and just stating their opinions...

Not sure if you read the posts prior to yours, but someone already made a near similar question, which I answered, but just cause I'm a generous person, I'll restate my opinion towards this question. Yes, it may be easy to buy a diamond pickaxe and break the obsidian or blocks surrounding the egg, but if you're being attacked by a player or players it doesn't really matter if you have a pickaxe or not. The purpose of the Obsidian is to generally slow down the player from accessing the egg, which is your life source in this game mode. Whether you decide to buy Obsidian or a "diamond" pickaxe ultimately comes back to you, as the player to decide what would be the best decision to take, but why is it across other game modes players have to put in much more work just to get the necessary gold to protect their egg while on overpowered they can simply do so within 2 mins after the game has begun.

The purpose of this thread was that I simply wanted to increase the price of Obsidian mainly to restore some form of balance across all game modes, of course, there are many side benefits that arise from doing this, but also potential risks. So now I ask rather than being so down negative because this will affect your typical playing game style, we should give this an opportunity.
Ok i didn't read the rest of the thread. I am not trying to be negative either. There are different game modes for a reason. If they were to change one game mode to make it "easier" or "more fair", it would completely change everything the game modes are for. OP is overpowered for a reason. Hardcore is hardcore for a reason. Again, I am not trying to be negative. I am just showing reasons on why it is fine the way it is.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Ok I didn't read the rest of the thread. I am not trying to be negative either. There are different game modes for a reason. If they were to change one game mode to make it "easier" or "fairer", it would completely change everything the game modes are for. OP is overpowered for a reason. Hardcore is hardcore for a reason. Again, I am not trying to be negative. I am just showing reasons why it is fine the way it is.
I understand that you had no intentions of being negative, I just figured you hadn't read the thread because you simply were restating a previously asked question. Anyways, that aside, as far as changing the game modes go, and everything you mentioned afterwards, it seems to me quite impractical that in other game modes you have to put in much more effort into achieving a similar goal. Yeah, you're not wrong in saying that overpowered is overpowered for a reason, but as the price is currently, it seems to be a bit "too" overpowered.

redfroz

Novice Member
Jan 25, 2017
Russia
a lot of the eggwars community are rushers at the start of the game. And eggs go out very fast considering they know how to speedbridge fast enough where there is no time to get 15 gold. Even if you dont it is not going to take much time at all to get to another base. Making it 25 gold would mine they no one would sit there to protect the egg because your better off getting gaps. Some mids dont even have gold in them making gold in the map even more difficult to get. In this case rushing would be even more overpowered. Also if you can win 2v1s most of the time then getting the egg should not be difficult. And if you cant do that thats why there is 25 and 40 pick in the game. And a bigger opportunity for what lmao. If its 25 rushers would have more than enough time to get the egg than even before. We cant nerf the 5 pick too you cant get that much gold from 1 gen at base.
I understand that you had no intentions of being negative, I just figured you hadn't read the thread because you simply were restating a previously asked question. Anyways, that aside, as far as changing the game modes go, and everything you mentioned afterwards, it seems to me quite impractical that in other game modes you have to put in much more effort into achieving a similar goal. Yeah, you're not wrong in saying that overpowered is overpowered for a reason, but as the price is currently, it seems to be a bit "too" overpowered.
The gamemode is called overpowered for a reason its supposed to be cheap for everything. Its not that hard to protect the egg in hardcore you put some clay around it and your good for a bit because a pick costs a pretty penny when most people buy swords and blocks.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Personally I feel that increasing the price of obsidian is a crucial thing.

For example (no personal offence), I disagree on this part.

For sure, you have to stay less on your island. However, there is no way you’re able to rush since everyone has already covered their eggs in obsidian after 30 seconds, which takes away from the dynamics. I do feel though that the price shouldn’t be highered that much so that it doesn’t take as long as in normal mode, while still having to put some effort in it. Maybe 4/5 gold for every obsidian?

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
a lot of the eggwars community are rushers at the start of the game. And eggs go out very fast considering they know how to speedbridge fast enough where there is no time to get 15 gold. Even if you dont it is not going to take much time at all to get to another base. Making it 25 gold would mine they no one would sit there to protect the egg because your better off getting gaps.
See I kinda feel like you're not really getting the point here if you increased the price of Obsidian, not only are the ones being rushed affected but also the people rushing bases. I mean you're basically providing them with a free bridge to your island. Now to get to the reasoning behind the increase of price results from you reaching there base, with your stone or iron pick and realizing, "oh crap I need a damn diamond pick" because they usually leave 1 person at the base just gathering that easy 15 gold, which results in that easily earned 5 blocks of Obsidian. But you know thinking about it, you really don't have to leave anyone at the base, just rush mid, and since typically all gens at mid are level 2 and above, you basically gather the gold run back and like that you're all set. As far as how speed bridging goes, everyone and their moms know how to do that, to be honest. As for getting "gapples" like mentioned maybe 5 times already...that ultimately comes down to the players' decisions, if they deem it necessary to either get Obsidian, gaps or a diamond pick, that's all up to them.
Some mids dont even have gold in them making gold in the map even more difficult to get. In this case rushing would be even more overpowered.
Name 1 map that doesn't have 2 gold gens at mid, and if they only have one it's more than likely to be level 3 or 4.
Also if you can win 2v1s most of the time then getting the egg should not be difficult. And if you cant do that thats why there is 25 and 40 pick in the game. And a bigger opportunity for what lmao.
This was an issue between both solo and team, but anyways addressing your issue on the side of it, yes maybe you can beat them in a 2v1, and maybe you can buy this 25 or 40 pickaxe, but if you walk in there unprepared and die, that pick is just 25 or 40 diamonds down the drain. Now if you're like well I could invest into gear as well, well sorry to inform ya just in case you have forgotten, but the more time you invest into luxuries, the more your opponent/opponents have time to invest into other practical items that can assure their protection, such as easy Obsidian or Bows...but bows have already been nerfed in the past (only normal and overpowered) so I don't really think they need much of a nerf anymore, but you know what that leaves Obsidian up for debate.
We cant nerf the 5 pick too you cant get that much gold from 1 gen at base.
I never really stated much about nerfing the "mythical" 5 gold pickaxe, that simply arose for a question asked, in which I responded that it ultimately came down to what the player saw fit to the situation. Yes, it's an issue, but I don't think it needs a nerf because if you killed with it, then it's like previously mentioned of the 25 or 40 pickaxes, just going down the drain.
The gamemode is called overpowered for a reason its supposed to be cheap for everything.
I think the last sentence of the post your quote kinda answers you on this statement stated, but just in case you didn't catch it...here you are fam,
Yeah, you're not wrong in saying that overpowered is overpowered for a reason, but as the price is currently, it seems to be a bit "too" overpowered.
Its not that hard to protect the egg in hardcore you put some clay around it and your good for a bit because a pick costs a pretty penny when most people buy swords and blocks.
Oh, baby, don't even get me started with Hardcore, that game mode is just a mistake in my opinion, but just to answer your question. You can buy a pickaxe with that "mythical" starting 5 gold, which gets you an iron pick, which can get you through that clay in a second, like slicing butter with a knife. But of course, if you bombard that egg with blocks you can just easily kill the player before they even have a chance at your egg.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
Top Bottom