Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the Price be Increased?

• Yes

• No - Please give me a response why you oppose this idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Is this a joke?
You said it takes 2 mins for someone to obby their egg, increasing the price almost by double will mean it’ll take almost 4 mins. Imagine sitting in your base for 4 minutes just to put obsidian.
In OP, a diamond pickaxe is 5 gold, there is no need to increase the price of obsidian.
You’re completely adding a suggestion that only benefits rushers, this is a completely horrible suggestion, and should not be implemented
The price of obsidian is perfect the way it is, and should not be changed

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
Well let's look at the math if a base is 42 blocks away from yours.

In normal mode, 1 iron = 2 blocks, so 21 iron needed (21 seconds at lvl 1 iron gen). Let's say you want a stone sword, leather, pickaxe and maybe 4 steak (and extra blocks), that is maybe 1 stack + 10 iron. 1 stack 21 overall (85 seconds). Lvl 1 gold gen = 1 gold/5 seconds, so the defender can get 17 gold, let's say 20 gold, so 2/5 of the obby done.
So in normal mode, if you rush a team and want to kill them, they would get 2/5 obby done.

In OP mode, 1 iron = 3 blocks, so 14 iron needed, some extra blocks = 20 iron needed. Stone sword, leather, pickaxe, 4 steak = 41 iron needed. 61 total, so around 1 minute spent on a generator. 60 seconds = 12 gold, so you get 4/5 of the obby done in the time it takes to rush.
So OP mode = twice as fast to get obby before a rusher comes than in normal mode.

I think that is fair if you also factor in that picks in OP mode are faster + pvp takes longer in OP mode.
5 gold per obsidian is too much. It is fine right now IMO.

Crazygamer257

Jul 1, 2019
Ok I'm a eggwars player that has played for over a year and a half now and this is a terrible idea. The obvious reasons are rushing is 10x easier. Also the speeds of the pickaxe vs the price u think obby should be is not even close, buying obsidian would be a waste of time and take away a major part of eggwars. The prices are perfectly fine the way they are (the prices are balanced) this idea shouldn't be added because it would affect eggwars in a negative way. Rushing would be way up, make it harder for new players, games wouldn't be as fun or last as long. So what I'm saying is keep it the same!

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
It's people like these that make me question my life...did you at least read any of the previously mentioned posts...
No this would only make rushing 10x easier. It also lowers the skill gap. Parties with like 5 ppl would agree to this because they don’t know how it feels like getting their egg taken away when they’re the only person on the team who is good. This is a horrible idea please do not add this
Is this a joke?
You said it takes 2 mins for someone to obby their egg, increasing the price almost by double will mean it’ll take almost 4 mins. Imagine sitting in your base for 4 minutes just to put obsidian.
In OP, a diamond pickaxe is 5 gold, there is no need to increase the price of obsidian.
You’re completely adding a suggestion that only benefits rushers, this is a completely horrible suggestion, and should not be implemented
The price of obsidian is perfect the way it is, and should not be changed
Well let's look at the math if a base is 42 blocks away from yours.

In normal mode, 1 iron = 2 blocks, so 21 iron needed (21 seconds at lvl 1 iron gen). Let's say you want a stone sword, leather, pickaxe and maybe 4 steak (and extra blocks), that is maybe 1 stack + 10 iron. 1 stack 21 overall (85 seconds). Lvl 1 gold gen = 1 gold/5 seconds, so the defender can get 17 gold, let's say 20 gold, so 2/5 of the obby done.
So in normal mode, if you rush a team and want to kill them, they would get 2/5 obby done.

In OP mode, 1 iron = 3 blocks, so 14 iron needed, some extra blocks = 20 iron needed. Stone sword, leather, pickaxe, 4 steak = 41 iron needed. 61 total, so around 1 minute spent on a generator. 60 seconds = 12 gold, so you get 4/5 of the obby done in the time it takes to rush.
So OP mode = twice as fast to get obby before a rusher comes than in normal mode.

I think that is fair if you also factor in that picks in OP mode are faster + pvp takes longer in OP mode.
5 gold per obsidian is too much. It is fine right now IMO.
Ok I'm a eggwars player that has played for over a year and a half now and this is a terrible idea. The obvious reasons are rushing is 10x easier. Also the speeds of the pickaxe vs the price u think obby should be is not even close, buying obsidian would be a waste of time and take away a major part of eggwars. The prices are perfectly fine the way they are (the prices are balanced) this idea shouldn't be added because it would affect eggwars in a negative way. Rushing would be way up, make it harder for new players, games wouldn't be as fun or last as long. So what I'm saying is keep it the same!
Do me a solid and before making a damn similar post to something that has already been mentioned on this thread, READ THE WHOLE THREAD......
See I kinda feel like you're not really getting the point here if you increased the price of Obsidian, not only are the ones being rushed affected but also the people rushing bases. I mean you're basically providing them with a free bridge to your island. Now to get to the reasoning behind the increase of price results from you reaching there base, with your stone or iron pick and realizing, "oh crap I need a damn diamond pick" because they usually leave 1 person at the base just gathering that easy 15 gold, which results in that easily earned 5 blocks of Obsidian. But you know thinking about it, you really don't have to leave anyone at the base, just rush mid, and since typically all gens at mid are level 2 and above, you basically gather the gold run back and like that you're all set. As far as how speed bridging goes, everyone and their moms know how to do that, to be honest. As for getting "gapples" like mentioned maybe 5 times already...that ultimately comes down to the players' decisions, if they deem it necessary to either get Obsidian, gaps or a diamond pick, that's all up to them.

Name 1 map that doesn't have 2 gold gens at mid, and if they only have one it's more than likely to be level 3 or 4.

This was an issue between both solo and team, but anyways addressing your issue on the side of it, yes maybe you can beat them in a 2v1, and maybe you can buy this 25 or 40 pickaxe, but if you walk in there unprepared and die, that pick is just 25 or 40 diamonds down the drain. Now if you're like well I could invest into gear as well, well sorry to inform ya just in case you have forgotten, but the more time you invest into luxuries, the more your opponent/opponents have time to invest into other practical items that can assure their protection, such as easy Obsidian or Bows...but bows have already been nerfed in the past (only normal and overpowered) so I don't really think they need much of a nerf anymore, but you know what that leaves Obsidian up for debate.

I never really stated much about nerfing the "mythical" 5 gold pickaxe, that simply arose for a question asked, in which I responded that it ultimately came down to what the player saw fit to the situation. Yes, it's an issue, but I don't think it needs a nerf because if you killed with it, then it's like previously mentioned of the 25 or 40 pickaxes, just going down the drain.

I think the last sentence of the post your quote kinda answers you on this statement stated, but just in case you didn't catch it...here you are fam,

Oh, baby, don't even get me started with Hardcore, that game mode is just a mistake in my opinion, but just to answer your question. You can buy a pickaxe with that "mythical" starting 5 gold, which gets you an iron pick, which can get you through that clay in a second, like slicing butter with a knife. But of course, if you bombard that egg with blocks you can just easily kill the player before they even have a chance at your egg.
Thank you and good riddance, Onik

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Onik is just a staff wannabe. Look at the end of his post “Btw look at my other threads!”
Can you do me a favor and not post anything irrelevant to the topic, Thanks <3
As for the link at the end of the thread, I just wanted "new" opinions/thoughts to the topic, not some restated questions...

Crazygamer257

Jul 1, 2019
Onik this idea is so stupid
Yea ofc I'm gonna say the same thing simply because everybody with a functioning brain sees the problem. Btw I said this thread off the top of my head I didn't copy anybody if that's what you're getting at

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Onik this idea is so stupid
Yea ofc I'm gonna say the same thing simply because everybody with a functioning brain sees the problem. Btw I said this thread off the top of my head I didn't copy anybody if that's what you're getting at
I'm not saying you're copying anyone, it's just what you mentioned has already been stated, rather than restating the point that has been answered countless times already, just "like" the post that is basically similar to your opinion.

Crazygamer257

Jul 1, 2019
Answer this then
What does changing prices change about eggwars? It's 3 gold it has been for over 2 years get over it
You just want attention and u can't deny that fact
If you keep this up maybe the staff will accept you!

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Answer this then
What does changing prices change about eggwars? It's 3 gold it has been for over 2 years get over it
You just want attention and u can't deny that fact
If you keep this up maybe the staff will accept you!
Want attention? Oh, baby, you went there, you best pray you never say anything like this to anyone in the future, but just for you love.

If you're saying that this has been there for 2 years now if I recall the golden apple price was also there 2 years ago at 1 gold, yet why is it that it's 3 gold now? Oh, right cause people spoke up...right. And after it was implemented people rioted and complained, that they were making them play the game a certain way, yet surprisingly that community is still there and has grown since...so I kinda wanna ask. Are you sure there isn't much change already occurring?

Now as far as affecting just the new people, No, just no, like stated this affects "rushers" as well, when you bridge out, you're creating a liability, not an asset. If someone uses this to their advantage, then your egg is as good as gone, yet that doesn't happen half the time because, by the time you reach that egg, it's more than likely already cover by Obsidian, because the price is just without doubt too cheap. So all that effort and time just to try to break that "rushers" egg was for not. Increasing the price affects both sides, in which you will have to decide how to approach the game, yeah it affects rushers, but it kinda helps balance the game mode, which was the purpose of this thread.

Now I would suggest we converse more on the subject via Discord, but just after replying my discord has been bombarded with death threats, thanks btw @Business_Tiger I'll consider dying but not any time soon. So if you have any more questions rather than making them here, I suggest creating a conversation with me on the forums and we can argue more on the subject, Thanks for taking the time to reply tho.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Before I get started on why the price should be altered/changed, I'd like to remind you of the pricing of Obsidian,
Pricing Throughout Game Modes
In Overpowered, the price for 5 Obsidian is 15 gold, while on other game modes such as Normal it's 50 and in Hardcore it's 100 gold.

Reasoning why Price of Obsidian should Change,
While it's Overpowered and this should be what is expected of playing such game mode, I ultimately feel that it's a bit "too overpowered", because throughout other game modes you have to put in work to have enough gold to cover your egg. However, on Overpowered you can easily get the amount of gold needed within 2 mins after the game began.

How would it Affect you?
Agreeably, I as a typical rusher of this game mode would find it devastating, if this was implemented, but it would give other players a much greater opportunity in the game. You also have to keep in mind, that Overpowered game modes are quite common across both Solo and Team, and if your life depended on it, you would have to put in work to assure the egg gets covered.

Conclusion:
The price altarage/change would improve the game mode by allowing players a great opportunity, it will also make it so that Obsidian isn't easy to obtain as it currently remains. It will also be balanced across game modes.

What is the ideal price for Obsidian in Overpowered?
I believe that since it's half the price of each previous game mode such as 100 gold (20 gold per block) in Hardcore and 50 gold (10 gold per block) in Normal, the ideal price should be 25 gold (5 gold per block) in Overpowered.

Side Note: If you're still viewing till this point please look at my other thread and give me your feedback on it, thanks. Here's the link: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/bow-price-increase-in-hardcore.219212/#post-1056451

I disagree.
The price of gapples surging to 3 has made PvP a mess, and you have to conserve your gold when usually you can go all out with it. The entire point of 'Overpowered' mode is that things are ridiculously priced. Gapples should never have increased in price, because now I have to farm 3 times more gold to have enough arrows and gapples to kill spammers.

Anyway,
I do not believe that obsidian price changes are conductive of decent gameplay. Obsidian is not hard to break. All you need is a decent pickaxe.
It's reasonably priced in all game modes, including overpowered, and - as mentioned - the point of overpowered is that items have crazily cheap values.
People might put hundreds of blocks of obsidian on their base, sure, but if you can successfully eliminate everyone and block yourself in, it's easy. The maxed pick literally breaks obsidian in a heart beat.

Those who really want to spend the game grinding gold for obsidian will not care how much it is and will be undeterred.
The fun of sneaking onto bases and breaking masses of obsidian, or eliminating everybody, then doing the latter is removed entirely with this price change.

Reactions: Mesbar

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
See I kinda feel like you're not really getting the point here if you increased the price of Obsidian, not only are the ones being rushed affected but also the people rushing bases. I mean you're basically providing them with a free bridge to your island. Now to get to the reasoning behind the increase of price results from you reaching there base, with your stone or iron pick and realizing, "oh crap I need a damn diamond pick" because they usually leave 1 person at the base just gathering that easy 15 gold, which results in that easily earned 5 blocks of Obsidian. But you know thinking about it, you really don't have to leave anyone at the base, just rush mid, and since typically all gens at mid are level 2 and above, you basically gather the gold run back and like that you're all set. As far as how speed bridging goes, everyone and their moms know how to do that, to be honest. As for getting "gapples" like mentioned maybe 5 times already...that ultimately comes down to the players' decisions, if they deem it necessary to either get Obsidian, gaps or a diamond pick, that's all up to them.

Name 1 map that doesn't have 2 gold gens at mid, and if they only have one it's more than likely to be level 3 or 4.

This was an issue between both solo and team, but anyways addressing your issue on the side of it, yes maybe you can beat them in a 2v1, and maybe you can buy this 25 or 40 pickaxe, but if you walk in there unprepared and die, that pick is just 25 or 40 diamonds down the drain. Now if you're like well I could invest into gear as well, well sorry to inform ya just in case you have forgotten, but the more time you invest into luxuries, the more your opponent/opponents have time to invest into other practical items that can assure their protection, such as easy Obsidian or Bows...but bows have already been nerfed in the past (only normal and overpowered) so I don't really think they need much of a nerf anymore, but you know what that leaves Obsidian up for debate.

I never really stated much about nerfing the "mythical" 5 gold pickaxe, that simply arose for a question asked, in which I responded that it ultimately came down to what the player saw fit to the situation. Yes, it's an issue, but I don't think it needs a nerf because if you killed with it, then it's like previously mentioned of the 25 or 40 pickaxes, just going down the drain.

I think the last sentence of the post your quote kinda answers you on this statement stated, but just in case you didn't catch it...here you are fam,

Oh, baby, don't even get me started with Hardcore, that game mode is just a mistake in my opinion, but just to answer your question. You can buy a pickaxe with that "mythical" starting 5 gold, which gets you an iron pick, which can get you through that clay in a second, like slicing butter with a knife. But of course, if you bombard that egg with blocks you can just easily kill the player before they even have a chance at your egg.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
If you speed bridge to an island, the enemies won't even have enough time to get 10 gold ingots, let alone 25.
You can speed bridge with 48 blocks in under 20 seconds.
Let's say you spawn, use your money bags kit to buy blocks (15 iron ingots x 3) that's 45 blocks, and then go to the side of your island and start bridging over. Let's say it takes you 5 seconds to buy your items and get to the side of your island, and 20 seconds to bridge over (Assuming you use all 45 blocks, most maps people rush in only require 20-30)
That's 25 seconds to reach the enemys base.
Now lets take a look at the obsidian perspective, you spawn in, takes you 3 seconds to reach the gold generator, you get 5 gold, now it takes 5 seconds for each gold piece to spawn, since it's a level 1 generator. You already have 5 pieces, and you need 10 more to buy the 5 obsidian for your egg. 5 x 10 = 50 seconds. 50 seconds. The defender has to wait FIFTY SECONDS before they can buy the obsidian they need. You're telling me it takes you more than fifty seconds to rush?
Then that's not rushing, that's called taking your time then whining when the enemy has obsidian.
Lets even look at tea party, the biggest map on tea party. Let's say it takes them 4 seconds to reach the generator, the level 2 gold generator gives 7 gold upfront, then it'll take them 3.5 seconds for each gold piece, since they need 8 more pieces, it will take 28 seconds (8 x 3.5 = 28) By the time they reach the shop keeper it would have been 36 seconds. 36 seconds for them to be able to buy 5 obby. I know for a fact you can buy blocks, speed bridge to your neighboring island in LESS than 36 seconds, so you can literally rush other people ON TEA PARTY.

One of the solutions you propose by changing the price of obsidian from 3 gold to 5, is that it encourages people to rush mid. So essentially what you're doing, is forcing people to play a certain playstyle. You're forcing people to rush mid, not everyone likes rushing, some people like to enjoy and take their time while playing egg wars.

You're also complaining how its unfair that people get to have a lot of obsidian on the egg, it takes 5.5 seconds with the 5Gold Pickaxe to break 1 obsidian.
This is no where near an issue, and shouldnt be treated like one. Yes Golden apples needed an increase in price because they were too easy to get(In my opinion they should be 2 gold, but thats a suggestion for another thread)
A 40 diamond pickaxe breaks an obsidian in a second, so even if they put a lot of obsidian on the egg, it doesn't matter since it'll take you a few seconds to reach the egg.
You don't know what you're talking about, you only want to make the game easier for yourself without thinking about others.

Reactions: XtremeElectrix

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
It's people like these that make me question my life...did you at least read any of the previously mentioned posts...

Do me a solid and before making a damn similar post to something that has already been mentioned on this thread, READ THE WHOLE THREAD......

Thank you and good riddance, Onik
You’re not gonna get Helper lol

Crazygamer257

Jul 1, 2019
Onik what you want changed is literally going to ruin eggwars. Also don't call me baby like wtf
This idea is so terrible I can't get over it. One thing I've learned is you can't fix stupid and guess what ur stupid

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
  • 3.9 - No pointless threads/posts. This includes posts unrelated to the topic, excessive bumping, derailing threads, etc.