Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Xiono

May 3, 2022
Hello

That was really really annoying,when we was discussing something in general,but suddenly that ppl do this (pic below)

He answered all the questions in staff help,I believe what they want more is the help of the staff. instead of your help because they are less likely to believe what a person without a staff role says and you don't have to be penalized if you give the wrong answer but mislead others. And doing it on English general is really annoying to others. To sum up, so I would like to suggest that people without staff role are not allowed to answer questions in English general because your answers are not accurate and disturb others. Please leave your comments :)

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_2022-06-06-10-46-10_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_2022-06-06-10-46-10_LI.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 97

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree with most of your reasoning, but I do agree with your suggestion. People answering questions in english chat is annoying and totally unorganised, giving people multiple answers and pings while they only need one, from the people they can trust the answers from.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree

Who cares if people answer questions in English General, I get it if its a long paragraph pinging each person. But if someone knows the answer to a question that you know the helper or mod in staff help at the given time wont know why not just say the answer especially if they get it wrong, or if there's been a question in staff help for an hour at like 3am, saying a simple answer doesn't hurt anyone. Once again another suggestion to make Cube more strict.

Just ignore it why don't you, or block someone who sends paragraph answers for multiple people ig

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I Heavily disagree with this,

Sometimes Especially early mornings staff help can go hours without responses and people help other players in English general Is beneficial to everyone, It gives the person The opportunity to Help players without being staff if their intention is to later apply it can give them a small amount of experience and it Is also great seeing community members helping each other out, Making it punishable would be a horrible decision as basically you would be saying if you help other players you will be punished which would not be a great look for the server

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Maybe a channel like #community-help could be a cool addition for situations like this. I have noticed that community members know a lot of things and there are probably situations when people who have been here for ages know things, that even a few staff don't. In cases like this, players could just go into the #community-help channel, or someone from the community could just answer the questions there if they wanted. Of course, there should be a big disclaimer in the description, that these are community answers and not always correct, but for some trivial questions, or when people have been waiting a long time or questions where more opinion is better, nobody would be in the worse with some help from other members.

So as mentioned before, maybe the reasons are not the best, but this "problem" could for sure use a solution or in this case a special channel.

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe a channel like #community-help could be a cool addition for situations like this. I have noticed that community members know a lot of things and there are probably situations when people who have been here for ages know things, that even a few staff don't. In cases like this, players could just go into the #community-help channel, or someone from the community could just answer the questions there if they wanted. Of course, there should be a big disclaimer in the description, that these are community answers and not always correct, but for some trivial questions, or when people have been waiting a long time or questions where more opinion is better, nobody would be in the worse with some help from other members.

So as mentioned before, maybe the reasons are not the best, but this "problem" could for sure use a solution or in this case a special channel.
Knowing the CC community anyone who posts even one answer in there would be subject to ridicule for being a wannabe or whatever lol

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Knowing the CC community anyone who posts even one answer in there would be subject to ridicule for being a wannabe or whatever lol
Quite possible. But writing this, I was thinking more about how to help players and move the discussion out of #general, than what would happen to people that help them. But we can never know 100% if we don't see it in action

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Quite possible. But writing this, I was thinking more about how to help players and move the discussion out of #general, than what would happen to people that help them. But we can never know 100% if we don't see it in action
Well the support subforum used to be a public one in which any community member can help from but it has since been changed so I think CubeCraft want to stay away from letting community members answer because it can, sometimes be inaccurate.

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Well the support subforum used to be a public one in which any community member can help from but it has since been changed so I think CubeCraft want to stay away from letting community members answer because it can, sometimes be inaccurate.
Yea, I'm seeing the point and why Cube did what they did. It is quite hard to strike the right balance between having correct answers and having answers fast. But if answering stuff in general chat isn't a problem for them, then maybe a place where the normal chat and help wouldn't mix would be possible. 🤔 I might also wait a day or so, to see what the other community members think about this...

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Oof I gotta find another way of getting rid of my boredom. I literally have a week's holiday and I don't know what to do. Definitely not artwork-
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday my friend!:D I wish you a great and fantastic day ^-^
Mintypie231 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Didn't realise it was your birthday. Happy birthday 🎂
asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Top Bottom