Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

would you like to see this impemented?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaad

Novice Member
Dec 2, 2019
This suggestion is fairly simple and self-explanatory, basically, just delete any replies that are considered necroposting and warn the user in a private conversation. Every day multiple threads get necro posted on and get bumped to the latest posts section as well as go to the top of their sub forum's list because of that. After that initial unnecessary bump, a staff member usually replies again, locking the thread due to necroposting (another unnecessary bump). Deleting the reply will get rid of the bump and fix this issue completely and messaging the user privately will likely make the chances of them seeing the warning higher as they'll be notified that they have a new message. lmk what you think :)

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
I think we can all agree with the fact that this is just a great idea, I've made the same stupid mistake 3 times already and finally I've taught myself to look at the date lmao
That "similar threads" section is honestly too tempting xd

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think this would be great :) its so annoying how new threads (either good or bad) get overflown with these locked threads now. i dont mind them being visible and still locked, so people can always look back at them, but the bumps are really annoying

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
Great idea, you got my support on this. Removing the message will prevent that multiple threads get bumped to the latest posts section as well as go to the top of their sub forum's list. I’d like to see this get implemented as this only has it’s benefits and will make the whole necro-posting more clear.

D

Deleted member 410172

i love this idea,k I've also got an other suggestion: make the titles of post older then 3 weeks red. so you see it much better when a tread is older and you don't accidentally necropost
Yes^^ or just lock them after 3 weeks instead of locking them after someone necroposts.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
You will need to repost it
he doens't it isn't 3 weeks old yet
afbeelding_2021-03-29_212926.png

• Agree
Reactions: Dualninja

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
look
You'll need to repost your suggestions so that it becomes in line with these changes here. It'll need to be formatted in a specific way:
  • At the top of the thread, write "This is a repost with my old suggestion here: <link>. This is to be in line with the new suggestions system."
  • Copy and paste your thread - you can make edits if you'd like.
  • Suffix the thread title with "- Repost"
If your thread is still able to be bumped without breaking the necroposting rule, you should.
Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom