Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

should this be in 1.8?

• yes, awesome idea

• no, you and this idea is trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
U

Unipotato

Now, not to be rude, but what you have said is absolute nonsense.
I have no idea how someone can say 1.8 has "more strategy" than 1.9 to be honest.
The only thing you can do in 1.8 that you can't in 1.9 is spam click combos, that's it.
In 1.9 you have to think about axe (does more damage but has slower reload time) attacks, they can also disable shields with their crushing blows if you crit someone using their shields. It has shields, potion arrows, lingering potions. Also the most important part in my opinion, the several amounts of strafes you can do and the combos that counter them. 1.9 definitely has more strategy. There is a lot to think about and to learn before you are good at 1.9, which is probably why 1.8 pvpers don't like it.
I am just happy that cubecraft has a lot of strategic players and you can see that because like 90% of people love 1.9 :)

Thank you! Perfect explanation.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
ok, 1.8 is strategy there's multiple was to pvp, jitter, normal, butterfly, strafing, block hit, criting, etc... but 1.9 took most of that away with just hitting every few seconds theres only 1 way to play 1.9 and thats strafe and hit.
this is absolute nonsense.
How does 1.8 have more strategy?
Jitter clicking and block hit isnt a strategy.
1.8 is more luck based for the fact that you dont know how fast the other player can hit, its who evers the fastest.

1.9 actually has A LOT MORE strategy.
-Timing your hits
-Aiming your hits
-blocking with sheilds
-Dual weilding PvP
-Criticals are "critical"... i know the puns are real xD
-Strafing
-Dodging hits
-And more...

Plus, CubeCraft is one of the (possibly) the largest 1.9 server in minecraft right now.
So, tell me, why would they get rid of their popularity of 1.9?
If they move back to 1.8, they will have a lot higher competition, as there is more 1.8 severs
(CosmicPvP, Hypixel, etc.) "dont play those there not as good as cubecraft"

If you want to play 1.8, join the server on a 1.8 client.
Thats all you need to do.

You probably wont see this helpful as i am against you, but take it into consideration.

Plus, the CubeCraft community perfers 1.9 over 1.8 from what ive seen.

Reactions: The Crowbar

Moooofin

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2015
UK
1.9 actually has A LOT MORE strategy.
-Timing your hits
-Aiming your hits
-blocking with sheilds
-Dual weilding PvP
-Criticals are "critical"... i know the puns are real xD
-Strafing
-Dodging hits

All of the things you just said are in 1.8. Shields are useless and is just a replacement of block hitting. Dual wielding is pointless unless you use it for eating food in your other hand

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
All of the things you just said are in 1.8. Shields are useless and is just a replacement of block hitting. Dual wielding is pointless unless you use it for eating food in your other hand
LMAO so true. Practically all the 1.9 pvpers i have seen think 1.8 is trash because its 'all about jittering.."
Then you obviously havent even tried 1.8 or 1.7 for a while. In 1.9 strafing and stuff like that doesn't really work.
Anyways, i wouldn't mind if the server is 1.9, but it just bothers me we cant blockhit in 1.8 pvp

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
LMAO so true. Practically all the 1.9 pvpers i have seen think 1.8 is trash because its 'all about jittering.."
Then you obviously havent even tried 1.8 or 1.7 for a while. In 1.9 strafing and stuff like that doesn't really work.
Anyways, i wouldn't mind if the server is 1.9, but it just bothers me we cant blockhit in 1.8 pvp
Actually its not that i dont like 1.8 PvP, i just personnaly think the 1.9 is better.
Just trying to defend my opinion.

I do play 1.8 eggwars all the time with my friends, its just not as good as 1.9 to me.
(I still will stand to the fact that 1.8 is spam with little strat, while 1.9 is non-spam and a lot of strat)
Just me though, dont start arguing woth me plz i beg of you

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Actually its not that i dont like 1.8 PvP, i just personnaly think the 1.9 is better.
Just trying to defend my opinion.

I do play 1.8 eggwars all the time with my friends, its just not as good as 1.9 to me.
(I still will stand to the fact that 1.8 is spam with little strat, while 1.9 is non-spam and a lot of strat)
Just me though, dont start arguing woth me plz i beg of you
Im not trying to start an argument or ever said you hated 1.8. I just said that theres more to 1.8 than what it seems, as a player of 1.8 and 1.9 for couple months, i would say i like both gameplay, but i prefer 1.8. Like you, I just wanted to state my opinion.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Im not trying to start an argument or ever said you hated 1.8. I just said that theres more to 1.8 than what it seems, as a player of 1.8 and 1.9 for couple months, i would say i like both gameplay, but i prefer 1.8. Like you, I just wanted to state my opinion.
Yeah, i guess there is more to 1.8 than what it seems.
I still enjoy 1.9 that little bit more though

Moooofin

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2015
UK
#SaveMoooofin2017
@Moooofin if they want to play 1.8 they can log on with 1.8, right?
Yes but their point was they want to have pvp gamemodes in 1.8. They want to play their favourite games in 1.8 which are not as fun in 1.9 so it's not as simple as just 'play in 1.8 if you want 1.8 pvp' because the pvp part of ccg is 1.9...

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Im pretty sure there is an option in the PvP lobby if you want to do a 1.8 styled duel the last time i checked :/

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Shields block arrows fully, it isn't a replacement of block hitting, they are a much better defence mechanism. In games such as skywars or eggwars where someone is just camping, you can now get to their base more easily as they can't just shoot you off. They block potion arrows too so you don't get debuffed, and block a large percentage of sword hits, so no, shields are not "a replacement of block hitting".

Dec 21, 2016
ok, like i said on a different comment, 1.9 only has more strategy if you are playing a bow, sword, armor, game. and if thats the case then it's shoot, slow try to kill, and run theres nothing to it.

yes i know if your using
lingering potions you have time them right, same with shields
eltraya try to get a little flight where there's barely a hill
missing a hit is BAD

but then you have to think of all the ways in 1.8 you can use your keyboard and mouse (look at my 3rd comment toward he bottom of the 1st page) so I'm trying to say in a simple fight there is more strategy to 1.8 in a way

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Frontlane's profile.
chipi chipi chapa chapa
Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
New suggestion coming shortly …
I just realized how friendly and non toxic the CubeCraft community is (unlike other communities)! I never felt this recognized in my life. Never had this many wishes! Thank you all again for the wishes!❤️
Never felt the feeling of recognition 😭
Top Bottom