Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I agree, some one has week heart. so I think calling some one a noob should counts as bullying

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Well, some words like racist remarks, are offensive. You're basically saying that a wrong way to say something is ok. I mean, some racist swear words describe a person well, it;s offensive and people wouldn't like to be called that or ANY racist remark. It's somewhat the same thing..
No. what I'm saying is: "noob" has no bad meaning to it whatsoever but people shouldn't just be offended if someone calls them one.
"some1 cald me ez and i am offend pls add "ez" to filter" Would this work? No.
And how can you compare "noob" to racist slurs? Just because they both describe a person? Describing a person can be extremely complex so you can't just compare something because they describe something else.
Why not ban all adjectives while we're at it?
I'm saying that calling someone a noob is very similar to calling someone a racial slur. There's a right way to say it but, it's ignored and the person goes down the offensive route. So, that's what I'm trying to say. Also, I see you also set up the racial slurs. So, I don't see what's wrong with me comparing the 2 also.
I stated why comparing these two is incorrect.
Now stop comparing the harmless "noob" to something that's rude world-wide and caused major issues.

♡McKingOp♡

Nov 27, 2015
Lobby 1 of everywhere
No offense but I think thats a bad idea I call people noobs everyday example dude runs to mid while he has no protection on his egg he is being a noob and as long as the trash talk dosent get to a level were tearms like "kys" are being used its sorta fun and enjoyable

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
No. what I'm saying is: "noob" has no bad meaning to it whatsoever but people shouldn't just be offended if someone calls them one.
"some1 cald me ez and i am offend pls add "ez" to filter" Would this work? No.
And how can you compare "noob" to racist slurs? Just because they both describe a person? Describing a person can be extremely complex so you can't just compare something because they describe something else.
Why not ban all adjectives while we're at it?

I stated why comparing these two is incorrect.
Now stop comparing the harmless "noob" to something that's rude world-wide and caused major issues.
Well, all it does is that it creates negativity so, technically, it does cause a problem in the community

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Well, all it does is that it creates negativity so, technically, it does cause a problem in the community
Ok so if I got Salmonella from eating raw chicken, which is negative, they should block "raw chicken" since it technically causes a problem in the community.
technically, it does cause a problem in the community

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Well, I'm meaning negative towards another player. It shouldn't be tolerated. Why do you take everything so literal? xD
Why should I not? We're arguing about adding something that may annoy others, right? How on earth is calling someone a noob a "personal attack"?

I'm not saying the word noob is racist. I'm saying the word noob is very related to a racist remark or slur on someone. I mean, people know how to say it right but, they still use it in a more hurtful way.
Ok so if I describe someone in a way that can be considered negative it's related to racism. Thanks for that brilliant logic.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Why should I not? We're arguing about adding something that may annoy others, right? How on earth is calling someone a noob a "personal attack"?

Ok so if I describe someone in a way that can be considered negative it's related to racism. Thanks for that brilliant logic.
Well, when you know better, you do the thing that is better. I mean, players can say it the right way but, they choose not to so they can be hurtful. You realize that saying "new player" when they're new is fine but, calling someone a noob when they are new, isn't right. So, people need to bring less negativity to really help the community

amgjmg

Sep 2, 2016
NoobLand
I agree with @TheQueenWaddle. there are plenty of worse insults being used, including racial slurs and jokes about suicide. If we focus on stopping the use of insignificant insults like calling someone "new or inexperienced" we will never make this server any better. I'm sorry this sounds sarcastic but what's next? Banning the phrase "you suck" or "easy" ?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Exactly. Most likely, if a player doesn't wanna be offensive, they can say it the RIGHT way. Well, yes, it can be hurtful but, this word can be replaced by another one. So, it gives no excuse
Ok so you used my exact argument, and broke it somehow.
If everything CAN be offensive in the way you use it, why not filter everything? What makes "noob" different? Just the frequency of it being used?

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
I disagree. It doesn't sound right punishing a player for calling others a 'noob' as you guys call it.Yes, it might be annoying, but it isn't right and isn't necessary. Also it really isn't offensive, others might take it offensive (which I don't see how) other will just take it like a boss. Overall, I really don't see a problem with it.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I disagree. It doesn't sound right punishing a player for calling others a 'noob' as you guys call it.Yes, it might be annoying, but it isn't right and isn't necessary. Also it really isn't offensive, others might take it offensive (which I don't see how) other will just take it like a boss. Overall, I really don't see a problem with it.
Thats a pride issue sometimes people think they are the best pvper in the world and being called a noob irritates them, however it can be very annoying more than discouraging i have been in games where a player says "noob" in chat to everyone that dies to him or "suicides" (accidently walking off or purposefully jumping off the edge or dying of fall damage)

amgjmg

Sep 2, 2016
NoobLand
If you think about it, every adjective you use to describe someone has the potential to offend them. For example, I could tell someone they dress nice and that person could think I'm being sarcastic and be extremely offended. So does that mean we should ban compliments because they have the POTENTIAL to be offensive? No. We just have to understand that, while most people will not be offended, a select few will. Some people are just more sensitive than others and that's how life is.

On another note, I don't think it's appropriate for you to compare racial slurs to petty insults. You are desensitizing words that, in some cases have oppressed certain groups of people for hundreds of years. Say I really like squirrels. Would it be appropriate for me to associate squirrels with Jesus? Would it be appropriate to say squirrels are just as powerful as God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom