• Well, I suppose I do it so, no

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
So we should ban "bad" and "inexperienced" too, because those can hurt people too, right?
We should ban sarcasm too, since it's a humor designed to hurt, too.
There are so many holes w/ your logic even Donald Trump can't plug them all up

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
If you think about it, every adjective you use to describe someone has the potential to offend them. For example, I could tell someone they dress nice and that person could think I'm being sarcastic and be extremely offended. So does that mean we should ban compliments because they have the POTENTIAL to be offensive? No. We just have to understand that, while most people will not be offended, a select few will. Some people are just more sensitive than others and that's how life is.

On another note, I don't think it's appropriate for you to compare racial slurs to petty insults. You are desensitizing words that, in some cases have oppressed certain groups of people for hundreds of years. Say I really like squirrels. Would it be appropriate for me to associate squirrels with Jesus? Would it be appropriate to say squirrels are just as powerful as God?
Well, yes but. I feel like some words should be somewhat filed out of the world of insults like the big ones. Also, give me this answer. Do you think calling someone a noob is right?

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
So we should ban "bad" and "inexperienced" too, because those can hurt people too, right?
We should ban sarcasm too, since it's a humor designed to hurt, too.
There are so many holes w/ your logic even Donald Trump can't plug them all up
Technically there are million ways that you can insult someone but think, why don't we say swear words? They're insults right? Also, this is somewhat ironic because, you're somewhat insulting me with your similes. Please don't get this into a simile fight. Thanks. We're talking about how we can make the server better, not a simile fight with put downs. You're just helping me with my point.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Technically there are million ways that you can insult someone but think, why don't we say swear words? They're insults right? Also, this is somewhat ironic because, you're somewhat insulting me with your similes. Please don't get this into a simile fight. Thanks. We're talking about how we can make the server better, not a simile fight with put downs. You're just helping me with my point.
Yes, there are. So let's just get rid of chat entirely so that no one's feelings get hurt!

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, you shouldn't bring insults because, it's very off topic. I'm just expressing an opinion. No need to fire hurtful similes at me and words that are completely off topic. Thanks :p
I'm expressing my opinions too. That wasn't a simile; that was sarcasm. My point is that you can't filter everything out that could be seen as offensive. This just sets a precedent for every single other word that seems questionably "offensive". Just suck it up and report them if you seem targeted and it becomes personal.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I'm expressing my opinions too. That wasn't a simile; that was sarcasm. My point is that you can't filter everything out that could be seen as offensive. This just sets a precedent for every single other word that seems questionably "offensive". Just suck it up and report them if you seem targeted and it becomes personal.
Well, I'm saying it's very off topic.. So, it'd be nice if you wouldn't mock me. Positive :D

Nov 19, 2016
Most people would not start a fight just because someone calls them a noob. I've never seen someone target somebody just because someone called the other person a noob. People mostly say noob out of anger or annoyance, especially if someone uses a tactic like camping.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Most people would not start a fight just because someone calls them a noob. I've never seen someone target somebody just because someone called the other person a noob. People mostly say noob out of anger or annoyance, especially if someone uses a tactic like camping.
That's my point. They get mad and they want to attack the player. Why would they NOT call someone a noob. The word noob is JUST for hurting people. It isn't right. Other words that could be an insult have other more important purposes. All the word noob does is that is bring chaos to the server.

Nov 19, 2016
That's my point. They get mad and they want to attack the player. Why would they NOT call someone a noob. The word noob is JUST for hurting people. It isn't right. Other words that could be an insult have other more important purposes. All the word noob does is that is bring chaos to the server.
Most people do not care if they are being called a noob, getting called a noob does not affect gameplay and most players that have played for a while should not be affected. So there's no point in punishing people for it.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Most people do not care if they are being called a noob, getting called a noob does not affect gameplay and most players that have played for a while should not be affected. So there's no point in punishing people for it.
Well, I mean it is a personal attack which IS against the rules. Have you thought about that. The only thing is, it's in another form of the attack.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, I mean it is a personal attack which IS against the rules. Have you thought about that. The only thing is, it's in another form of the attack.
But it's nowhere near as severe as calling someone out based on religion, race, etc.
Using the same example, calling someone "bad" is also disrespectful, right? Therefore based on your logic, saying "bad" should also be prohibited.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, I'm technically saying that we should stay on topic
oml what part about it is off topic.
All I'm saying is that your logic implies that you want to eliminate all negativity from the server, right?
Hello, I've thought if personal attacks are against the rules, why isn't calling someone a noob not against the rules. I mean, it is a personal attack. So, technically it should be against the rules. I mean, look, calling someone a noob only creates bad things. Calling someone a noob could start fights, lead to intense targeting, and really make the other person retaliate. Does cubecraft want that? I'm pretty sure no. I mean, yes, people need to be a little less sensitive but, this really is an acceptation. Calling someone a noob only brings negativity into this fascinating server. I feel like other hurtful words should be against the rules. I mean, it brings negativity into this server. Which, we all don't like. So, let's change some of our community traits for the better! #ImNotFousyTubePls.
Don't even answer, you said it yourself.
Therefore, would you want to continue eliminating all words that could incite negativity?

CARDAN18

Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2015
Cakeland
www.twitch.tv
Words can mean different things to different people. Cubecraft is a very large network, with many different types of players. Some young, some old. Different countrys and different races. What may offend someone may not offend others. That is just how everything works. The word noob is for most a harmless word, as it just means beginner. But I can see how some can take offence to it. For me, and many others that I see that have replied to this thread, Noob is just a word used to describe beginners. For most we don't see this as an offensive word at all, just rather annoying at times.

The issue with this is, the word noob should not be blocked. I have read your points hawks, saying how it is a targeted personal attack. I can see where you are coming from. But this word is simply someone saying that they think you act in a beginner way. Not very offensive, just someone thoughts. There are a lot of very bad things someone can say to a person, that is hurtful. This word should not be so. Most people that do say Noob are just kids. I work with a lot of children, and trust me as most of you may know kids will horse around and don't always think things through. To them, noob is something funny they can call other players. Players who either have more skill, or do something silly or unexpected. They don't know the meaning behind it, and even the meaning behind it is not rude.

It is just like saying that we should ban people for having an opinion if you want to ban the word noob. If we ban the word noob, we would have to remove beginner, starter, bad, terrible. As it would offend people. These are not bad words, they are just ways of expressing how someone feels towards a player. Now of course not all phrases and words are nice, especially directed at users. But just because someone calls you a noob, doesn't mean that they should be punished for calling you one. Its like saying "cardan you beginner". That is all they are saying.

tl;dr --> the word noob should not be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Top Bottom