Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
It can also be worked around and thats (extending the word) just one of them the other is other words like "beginner" or "amateur" and sometimes "loser"
well begginer and amateur aren't firstly going to be found likely but loser would just straight up be mean noob is nicer than that
can we get a close on the?
[not a lock on the thread a close on loser]

amgjmg

Sep 2, 2016
NoobLand
I seriously do not think anyone is offended by this. And if they were to be offended, definitely not to the point of initiating an intense verbal argument or targeting another player. Instead of thinking of the word "noob" as an insult, think of it as a playful way of encouraging someone to improve their skills. I think of it as a friendly challenge to do better and improve my ability to play.

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D
I seriously do not think anyone is offended by this. And if they were to be offended, definitely not to the point of initiating an intense verbal argument or targeting another player. Instead of thinking of the word "noob" as an insult, think of it as a playful way of encouraging someone to improve their skills. I think of it as a friendly challenge to do better and improve my ability to play.
We have an actual noob to help us :D

Just kidding (please don't target me)

Reactions: amgjmg

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Well, the word noob can be used in a bad way. Well, a potato can't really. I mean, look if you called someone a bad word compared to potato, would that be the same? No. That's the same case with calling someone a noob.
Hawks. The word 'noob' isn't and has never been something negative. It literally means "beginner, newcommer" etc.
Calling someone a noob doesn't hurt anyone's feelings unless they choose to be offended by it.
'noob' itself isn't an insult unless you take it like one. I don't see the issue here.
Is it just because everyone is calling eatch other a noob that makes it negative? Because it isn't an actual insult.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Hawks. The word 'noob' isn't and has never been something negative. It literally means "beginner, newcommer" etc.
Calling someone a noob doesn't hurt anyone's feelings unless they choose to be offended by it.
'noob' itself isn't an insult unless you take it like one. I don't see the issue here.
Is it just because everyone is calling eatch other a noob that makes it negative? Because it isn't an actual insult.
Well, if you get destroyed in a pvp battle, then the player says "Noob" Well, ho do they know that the player who they just beat is a noob. I mean, a noob is an offensive way to call a new player. I mean, would you rather get called "Are you a new player" when you're new or, "Are you a noob?" when you're also, new to minecraft. So, noob is technically a rude way to say new player

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Well, if you get destroyed in a pvp battle, then the player says "Noob" Well, ho do they know that the player who they just beat is a noob. I mean, a noob is an offensive way to call a new player. I mean, would you rather get called "Are you a new player" when you're new or, "Are you a noob?" when you're also, new to minecraft. So, noob is technically a rude way to say new player
So pointing out someone's playing time in a game can be offensive apparently?
Noob hasn't ever been taken as a serious insult. 90% of the people that actually use "noob" don't even know what it means.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Calling someone a noob is still, very offensive.. I'm trying to help others. Not just me, I wanna make this community more positive. Calling someone a noob has nowhere in the server..
Very offensive? Have you seen some of the racist, misogynistic comments that are tossed around on the server?
You might as well argue that the word "bad" should banned because calling someone "bad" is offensive.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Calling someone a noob is still, very offensive.. I'm trying to help others. Not just me, I wanna make this community more positive. Calling someone a noob has nowhere in the server..
Calling someone a noob isn't negative in any way. People just take it negatively for no reason.
It's a harmless word.
There's way worse insults to be seen.

Reactions: TheQueenWaddle

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Ye, I can agree with you since people who call you a noob are annoying, but it's funny how when I kill them they rage quit :)

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Calling someone a noob isn't negative in any way. People just take it negatively for no reason.
It's a harmless word.
There's way worse insults to be seen.
Well, some words like racist remarks, are offensive. You're basically saying that a wrong way to say something is ok. I mean, some racist swear words describe a person well, it;s offensive and people wouldn't like to be called that or ANY racist remark. It's somewhat the same thing..

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, some words like racist remarks, are offensive. You're basically saying that a wrong way to say something is ok. I mean, some racist swear words describe a person well, it;s offensive and people wouldn't like to be called that or ANY racist remark. It's somewhat the same thing..
HELLO
WHAT ARE YOU TRYIN TO SAY HERE.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Very offensive? Have you seen some of the racist, misogynistic comments that are tossed around on the server?
You might as well argue that the word "bad" should banned because calling someone "bad" is offensive.
Well, glad you told me that people are really hurting the server with racist remarks. I despise those actions and love reporting them. If racist remarks are getting tossed around the server, then, they shall also, be banned from the server (the words).

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'm saying that calling someone a noob is very similar to calling someone a racial slur. There's a right way to say it but, it's ignored and the person goes down the offensive route. So, that's what I'm trying to say. Also, I see you also set up the racial slurs. So,
1). No, you're sorely mistaken.
2). I what? Excuse me?

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'm saying you somewhat talked about racial slurs also, so you shouldn't be calling me out for it. ;'/ Also, how am I mistaken?
I set up the racial slurs? I existed when hateful words that I can't say were created?
I can't fix ignorance. Sorry.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I set up the racial slurs? I existed when hateful words that I can't say were created?
I can't fix ignorance. Sorry.
I'm literally saying that racial slurs are very similar to being called a noob. Shall we get into this. Do you think it's right for someone to call someone a noob? Also, I'm really not Ignorant. I have an open mindset. I see you're not having an open mindset about this.. Also, it honestly isn't that bad. All this is doing is to make people not purposely harass and attack people.. Also, I'm very educated and my worst grade besides P.E is a B+. So, ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Top Bottom