Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I strongly disagree that this should happen for the main Java network, however for the Bedrock server management has already discussed potentially using different hosts in the parts of the world with the most players.

The reason why it would not work well for Minecraft Java is that there is no transfer packet - you'd have to enter a different IP address for each different region (e.g. eu.cubecraft.net, sa.cubecraft.net) and so the players across the world will be split up, into networks each with fewer players. An example of this model not working is Mineplex, whose EU server only has enough players to reliably start one gamemode. I can't think of any other notable Java server networks that use different hosts, now that Badlion has closed down.

However, there is hope with Minecraft Bedrock. This version of Minecraft allows servers to send players to automatically connect to whatever games server is closest to them, without the need to disconnect and type in a different IP. This wouldn't even stop players from different continents from playing together, as it could just host a game that has the optimal location for both players.

host does not mean entirely different server per se.
What I mean with host is a proxy in that region that directly goes back to cubecrafts main server.
How would that reduce the player's ping? The packets still have to travel all the way to the central server, and the proxy only adds a detour to this.

Reactions: Yamin and DrHam
D

Deleted member 169486

I live in canada and I rarely had issues. Having a second host would split the already dwindling player base.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Most of you already know that many people in Latin America play on the server.
Source?

many of them have been banned by Sentinel without using hax, just for having
I got friends that have like 10 quantillion ms?..

I know other servers that have different hosts, so, why does not Cubecraft acquire another host?
Nothing is free, my fellow human being

In my opinion, this suggestion would improve the server
I don't think Cubecraft will host something that expensive just because it's your opinion, they'd definitely need more than that

this suggestion would improve the server, since there would be more people playing
lol, isn't like half of Latin America jungle-ish?
Asia for example (russia is like the biggest country there) quite sure not that many players are located there though I don't have a source so idk

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Asia for example (russia is like the biggest country there) quite sure not that many players are located there though I don't have a source so idk
upload_2018-7-9_23-29-23.png

Reactions: LonelyNartyta

NECROPLAYER

Aug 20, 2017
Colombia
I did not take the liberty of reading the previous comments, only a few since I speak Spanish and translate all the messages would be a bit heavy, but I am already aware of the main topic.

With respect to the subject, what better than the opinion of a Latin American? I am Colombian, obviously I speak Spanish, but I have to use transcripts hahaha but yes, it is a great idea to have another host, we are doing very badly, for example, the ping is usually 250 ms or more and I do not have a very good computer, but on other local servers with much closer hosts would make us much better on the subject of the ping.

Greetings:>

Reactions: LonelyNartyta

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Oh so this is about Hypixel?
No, it's not :D So why showing playerbase of Hypixel?
I was showing the playerbase of Hypixel China, in order to show that there are in fact quite a few Minecraft players in Asia. Even if they don’t currently form a large part of Cubecraft’s playerbase, they are still potential users Cubecraft possibly should be trying to attract.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I was showing the playerbase of Hypixel China, in order to show that there are in fact quite a few Minecraft players in Asia. Even if they don’t currently form a large part of Cubecraft’s playerbase, they are still potential users Cubecraft possibly should be trying to attract.
Hypixel's playerbase in China doesn't show if it'd be worth it to host Cubecraft in Asia?

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Hypixel China is a completely separate issue. To exist on the launcher in China is a whole process and those servers are meant to be China only.

As for hosting more proxies globally it may improve ping a little. However we already take your latency in to account for anti-cheat detections so other than a better bar I don’t see there being a major improvement.

There are ways we could do it where all players would be on the same network but I don’t think it’s worth the investment at the moment.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!
Kazwa wrote on Kloska's profile.
GRATTIS ANKA
Had some internet issues last week and went on a weekend getaway to an amusement park with my bf, but I'm back to grind and have fun on cube again :)
I missed u guys >.>
Reesle wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Cool person!
Hqteful wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!🎉
Top Bottom