Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Total voters

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
I was planning on building FFA map and submitting it to CubeCraft, at first I look up at the requirements.

Capture.PNG

After I saw the requirements I started working on a floating island with a program called "WorldPainter", you can find the island I made here.

I got distracted because I was really proud how the island turn out :) then one person asked me, how big it is and I started worrying, the map, in general, was too big. When I was making the island, I noticed that it turned out quite big, but I thought I can build a mountain or something, apparently, if I build on that map I need to cover more then a half of the map with mountains or something that is not acceptable to play there. Here's the dimensions of the map and a response from the designer when I asked how big the map can be.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

* All I'm suggesting is to let the builders know the minimum and maximum build sizes for submissions in thread. *​

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
It was a pain to find out how big it can be since the helpers didn't knew the exact size, so I waited and after around 30 minutes I got an answer from mitgobla. Some other builder might be more unlucky and wait for answer longer.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
With a build, I only have two annoying choices, build a huge mountain or volcano on a map I have and spend more time focused on that, or make a smaller version of the island and then start building there, which will probably take less time than option 1...

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
You should have measured CCG’s maps, all of them are 200x200 with Oil Rig being 80x80. I asked a mod if he’d help get measurements, he said they didnt do that - obviously he did not know what he was talking about. So I did it myself. It would have been way better if they gad specified it though.

+1, although I’d say just a PS dont build an FFA map if you havent played the game lots. It may look simple but you have to think a lot.

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
I was planning on building FFA map and submitting it to CubeCraft, at first I look up at the requirements.

View attachment 177688

After I saw the requirements I started working on a floating island with a program called "WorldPainter", you can find the island I made here.

I got distracted because I was really proud how the island turn out :) then one person asked me, how big it is and I started worrying, the map, in general, was too big. When I was making the island, I noticed that it turned out quite big, but I thought I can build a mountain or something, apparently, if I build on that map I need to cover more then a half of the map with mountains or something that is not acceptable to play there. Here's the dimensions of the map and a response from the designer when I asked how big the map can be.

View attachment 177689
View attachment 177690

* All I'm suggesting is to let the builders know the minimum and maximum build sizes for submissions in thread. *​

Hi

I agree with the idea, you cannot know the size of each map because it’s not specifically explained, great suggestion! +1

Reactions: Technosword

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
You should have measured CCG’s maps, all of them are 200x200 with Oil Rig being 80x80. I asked a mod if he’d help get measurements, he said they didnt do that - obviously he did not know what he was talking about. So I did it myself. It would have been way better if they gad specified it though.

+1, although I’d say just a PS dont build an FFA map if you havent played the game lots. It may look simple but you have to think a lot.

The idea is that people who have played the maps know how big they should be

After mitgobla's answer, I asked if I can use 300x300, he said it should be fine, so even though you can feel the scale of existing maps, you might still want to know if you can build it larger than the existing ones, and you might want to know how large you can build it so it doesn't get rejected. Same with smaller ones.

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
About measuring existing maps your self is not what everybody willing to do, running all the maps on foot when you can just look up at requirements, and be done with it...

The idea is that people who have played the maps know how big they should be
I don't know, I play a lot of ffa, when I do, I don't look at my f3 and measure the map.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom