Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
So i though of some potential issues in the better together update

Inappropriate usernames

This i found to be an issue
If a player has a username thats bannable one can not simply

1. Take a photo, as far as i know the switch can not take screenshots, and take a photo of screen with an external camera blurs and distorts the photo

2. On xbox theres a fee to change your name which is 6.70 euros (or in america thats also 8 dollars) so id like to know how this rule would be adressed

3. Mobile devices can take screenshots, but not screen video this may pose an issue for minecraft PE players

Evidence:

As said above this can be an issue, as for xbox you can take clips, however they are only 30 seconds long which in some cases is not enough and unless you have a external capture card you cant record longer

As for screenshots, how would you even upload them? Console internet browsers dont allow uploading or downloading and you cant transfer files from a console to a flash drive

Sentinel:

Would this be even necessary? i dont think consoles or handheld devices support modded clients

Games:
If you can tell us what games we will have at release thatll be great, if not thats fine, however there are issues with these to

Lucky islands
This requires a custom texture pack, how will this get implemented when the mashup packs are the only things you can use?

Factions
This would be more ideal for the BT minecraft than java minecraft than in my opinion

Parties:
this poses an issue player can easily use stuff like xbox live parties to bypass the rules, my concern is is they exploit this to never be punished because its not on the servers text chat

Platform exclusives
Id like to see some variety in platforms and BT Minecraft can do that some games i had in mind for BT Cubecraft were

-pixelmon style gamemode: (this can be done without mods as pokefind does)
-factions: (as mentioned above this might be more ideal here as it sort of combines 1.8 pvp and 1.9 pvp)
-uhc (this should really moved its not to popular on our main server)

Last edited:

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Mobile devices can take screenshots, but not screen video this may pose an issue for minecraft PE players
There are screen recorder apps for Android since Android 5.0. I'm not sure if there are official screen recorders for ios but I remember having one on my old jailbroken iPod touch.
Would this be even necessary? i dont think consoles or handheld devices support modded clients
I've already seen hacked mcpe apk's on the internet, didn't try them though.
this poses an issue player can easily use stuff like xbox live parties to bypass the rules, my concern is is they exploit this to never be punished because its not on the servers text chat
I don't see how that is an issue. If the xbox has its own chat system, that doesn't have much to do with cubecraft. The 5zig mod for example has a chat feature, if I use that to insult someone it doesn't concern cubecraft.

The only real issue I can see is with usernames, if I already have minecraft linked with my main account, I might not want to change my inappropriate username. If there isn't an option for it yet, there should be the possibility to have a separate IGN only for Minecraft.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Hello I can answer some of this!

1) Yes the switch can take screenshots! Most of (I think all) have the ability to take a screenshot. Remember also that usernames on the platforms will have to pass the different operators rule for usernames.

2) Should a username be reported and we feel it is inappropriate then we will ban that player. It's then the responsibility of the player to change their name.

3) Video recording is now available on iOS and there are applications available for Android. Other plat forms such as Windows 10 can record but it may be more difficult for Console players (Xbox can record a highlight though).

Sentinel:
Yes we will have it. There are a lot of hacked clients available for Android devices and we can't assume that any client is clean. As more information for this we still run Sentinel at events where we have complete control over the computers and the Minecraft client.

Lucky Islands
We think this will be possible though there may be some things we have to ask Microsoft for support in getting working.

Factions
Would be interesting to see on Bedrock. The main issue we have with running "vanilla" experiences such as Factions is the scale we operate at. As we add more players we have to make sure that it still works. This was one of the reasons that we had to revamp Creative.

Parties
Systems like Xbox chat and parties are the problems of the service provider. At the end of the day what is going to stop people sitting on a private Skype or Discord call when playing. They could even be in the same room!

Platform Exclusives
We are working on some ideas that may work better on different control systems. I like some of your ideas and will share them with the team! <3

Thanks for the post, nice to see you care about Bedrock as much as we do. :)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Yes the switch can take screenshots
Good to know!
Should a username be reported and we feel it is inappropriate then we will ban that player. It's then the responsibility of the player to change their name.
thats my concern though, in java edition you can change your name at will but console edition the account is tied to your xbox live name which not everyone will want to pay the fee just to change the name
We are working on some ideas that may work better on different control systems. I like some of your ideas and will share them with the team! <3
thanks! And a pixelmon style gamemode works perfectly as theres no actual pvp or survival its all about stratrgy (plus pokemon is getting popular again)

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday
Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Top Bottom