Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I understand that building submissions where closed and why they were. But they were fun so I have an idea on how both sides can get what they want.

Idea 1: Building Contests
For say, @Efcluke94 needs an Egg Wars Map. He has plenty of time. He can ask for a map contest and the winner gets the map published (Maybe some points or a shout out when it's released) (Let me know what you think a reward should be) And then it would be cool to have some other themes and builders make maps. Because it shows diversity and creativity. I'm not saying our current builders are awful. There terrific. But we need more "WOW" in builds. In doing so we can some pretty fun builds for the future.

How @Efcluke94 might use this:

Hey, guys got a map contest for you.
We need some Egg Wars Solo Maps
Gives us some maps and the top 3 will get there maps published and receive (x reward)
You have until 1/29/18
Good Luck,
-Efcluke94

Idea 2: Kinda the same thing
Post a map submission for say, and then have people look at it. If the building team likes it enough they could add it to a list of possible maps. And then if it gets approval it could be added to a map. (Probably edited though ;) ) Note: If they ask for it to be added to the list it gets denied instantly (Or has 0% of it being added)

(Keep in mind these are only when @Alex_de_Grote want these available.
So only when contests are available
Only when @Alex_de_Grote wants to have a list of map ideas.

Last edited:

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Why'd you tag Luke and Alex twice, I think we know who you're talking about by the first time you tagged them.

I honestly think the buildings should be left to the professionals, in all the time it takes to edit one "good" map they could be making one amazing map.

Reactions: Shamel and Deeds

StopWalking

Forum Expert
May 10, 2016
I like your idea, but if they open a submission for any maps they will give small spoilers for updates. This will not happen all time because they want too keep map updates secret.

One off the only things they can do to get people's votes for maps. So they release an update and let people choose which map they like the most.

Still I totaly agree with you!

+/-1

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like your idea, but if they open a submission for any maps they will give small spoilers for updates. This will not happen all time because they want too keep map updates secret.

One off the only things they can do to get people's votes for maps. So they release an update and let people choose which map they like the most.

Still I totaly agree with you!

+/-1

Possibly lead to people choice updates?

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
TBH Cube’s build team is really good, and right now it isn’t the maps. Vital flaws im gameplay are really the issue right now.

(And I think you want this so you can submit all of your maps)

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Or they set priorities and work on the custom shields and parkour (that both have been in maintenance for a too long), a vanity update, what about making UHC and Arcade less dead?

The ideas are nice, don't get me wrong. But there are at the moment way more important things to fix..
I'll still vote for idea 1, because it's a good idea. But at the moment, parkour and custom shields are way more important.
You can't use these and you can't play these, mainwhile you can play solo Eggwars..

Reactions: BlueMoon475

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Or they set priorities and work on the custom shields and parkour (that both have been in maintenance for a too long), a vanity update, what about making UHC and Arcade less dead?

The ideas are nice, don't get me wrong. But there are at the moment way more important things to fix..
I'll still vote for idea 1, because it's a good idea. But at the moment, parkour and custom shields are way more important.
You can't use these and you can't play these, mainwhile you can play solo Eggwars..

This could go for MAPS to these games.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Not a bad idea but they pay money for builders, if they add this builders would be pretty much useless. Idk how I feel about this idea.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Map contests are an interesting concept, that 'could' be a pretty sweet community event.

I do want to add map submissions back at some point, however I need a custom system to do it as it will help so much with the organisation and reviewing process.

It's amazing how many people love to build and Minecraft has such a fantastic creative community. It's wonderful to share that, although when we had map submissions open, it created such a huge backlog of maps that myself and a few builders had to review. Reviewing maps can be time consuming, and the build team really needed to put that time and effort into creating maps for new projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom