Jun 29, 2016
Quahog, Rhode Island
I think This Would Be Good...

Hacking - Perm ban
Cussing/spam/threats - 1 hour Mute
Teaming In Solo Generally - 7 days Ban
Advertising - 1 month mute
Harassing staff - 7 day mute
Inappropriate Skin- Perm Ban until changed(Same Rule)
Camp - 1 day ban
DDoS Attack - Perm Ban
Bug Glitching - 1 week Ban
Alt Accounts to Bypass A Punishment - Perm Ban

These are My Opinions, you don't have to agree

ItsYaBoyJavid

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2014
Earth
Disclaimer: This thread has some sarcasm. I do not support hacking on any servers. Also, this is a suggestion to revamp the punishment system again, this time combining some of the old with the new.

For reference, the old rules can be found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.41864/
Another hot thread talking about the current system found here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unplayable.139347/

I have not seen too many threads talking about changing the punishment system again and most of the recent punishments here have been made too lenient than those on other servers. For example, hacking is now a 1 week ban, but before, it was a 1 year ban. Elsewhere, hacking ranges from a 1 month ban to a permanent ban. The current punishment system is quite "effective," as we can see here. Let's see what happens when people break the rules:

-Teaming: 1 day ban. Previously on Cube: kick. Elsewhere: ban (some do a week ban at least)
-Hacking/cheating: 7 day ban. Previously on Cube: 1 year ban. Elsewhere: permanent or temporary (1 month or longer) ban
-DDoS Threats: 30 day mute. Previously on Cube: permanent ban, according to the old rules Elsewhere: Ban/very long mute.
-Chat offenses (disrespect/rudeness, etc.): I don't know. I'll assume it's a few hours or a day mute. Previously: 1 month or longer mute. Elsewhere: varies. 15 minutes-couple hours.

TheJeroen pointed out how inefficient and weak the current punishment system is, as quoted here from the first page of the "Unplayable" thread:

The results as of the new change:
-Hackers everywhere on the network now. Before this new change, I saw only 1 or 2 occasional hackers in games, but now almost every game has at least 1 hacker, if not 2.
-More teaming
-More rage.

All in all, more people leave games in frustration.

Solution
Why not keep the old punishments from the old rules and change some of the new punishments? For example, keep the 1 year ban for hacking from the old rules, but extend the ban time for teaming from 1 day to a week?

If all else fails, then why not allow hacking, teaming, and all the chat offenses? It would do much better since the ban times are too short. Hey, it's much easier, is it? Just kidding. A 7 day ban is almost nothing for a hacker, as all he would need to do is create a new alt or, as quoted above, wait the short 7 days before hacking and getting banned for another week again.

Bottom line: The current punishment system is too weak to combat rule-breakers, cheaters in particular. When it came out, I knew the server would become a 2nd hacker-infested server, much to my dismay.

TL;DR: Cube weakened since the new punishment system went into effect.
Nicely said.
I perfectly agree with you. 1 month for hacking is extremely lenient but why in the world would you shorten it to just one week. That is only good for the 10% of hackers that are actually sorry for what they did. But if they're sorry, they can easily just appeal. The second punishment is permanent, but with how long it takes for reports to get noticed hackers get about 10 days without any sort of punishment. The new punishment system is bad for 98% of the server and only good for the 2% that are sorry for breaking a rule.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

werra11

Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2016
Friesland, The Netherlands.
www.werra11.eu
I agree completely. I'm always reporting hackers. But why should i spend 20/30 minutes making the video, uploading and posting. And then the hacker can just come back after 7 days. And teaming. Teaming is 2 warns. So when you warn the people because they're teaming i think they understand that teaming is not allowed. So make a 7 day ban or when you are doing really great. 1 month ban.

But hacking 7 days. WHY
And when i becomes more like, first time 7 days second time a month. Sometimes it takes around 5 month or so a hacker will be reported. So hacker is hacking for 5 months, get reported. Get banned for 7 days. After 7 days he can just join again and maybe he can hack again for 5 months so he is hacking on cubecraft for 10 months, SERIOUSLY

That was my opinion. :p

-werra11

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
7 day ban for a hacker is a joke right? a month would be the absolute lowest i'd go.. idk if you've been watching the report section. but it gets flooded with hacker reports. so if you'd start reading it all and ban the first. when you're done the first one will already be unbanned... and without a doubt 4/5 will start hacking again. and im pretty sure new ones join every day.

Lately i get hackers in 1/3 of my Egg War games. which really sucks.. because i like the server. and that's why i do the effort to record it all as good as i can and report the hackers. but now i know that the ban only lasts 7 days.. i don't feel like putting the effort into recording/uploading/creating a thread if they only get a 7 day ban which is nothing. it's really sad that they ruin my and many others experience of the server. and if this keeps up i will eventually not play here anymore because i can barely enjoy the games i play.

so please take hackers a bit more serious and extend the ban time.
Well the server will listen up since eventually they will suffer economically. less people will donate to a diseased server. Then the owners will reach an ultimatum: keep the current system and let the server burn, or change things for the better. They have already showed which path they will choose.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
I think This Would Be Good...

Hacking - Perm ban
Cussing/spam/threats - 1 hour Mute
Teaming In Solo Generally - 7 days Ban
Advertising - 1 month mute
Harassing staff - 7 day mute
Inappropriate Skin- Perm Ban until changed(Same Rule)
Camp - 1 day ban
DDoS Attack - Perm Ban
Bug Glitching - 1 week Ban
Alt Accounts to Bypass A Punishment - Perm Ban

These are My Opinions, you don't have to agree
How about instead of just a perm ban for hacking, have it be a perm IP ban, since they could have access to alt account. Y'know, to try to counteract that.

Shootmaniak

Oct 8, 2015
Portugal
I didnt know that the rules were changed. Now it makes sense , the guy that i reported last month and was banned just killed me again using hax -.- one week is not the way to punish them,1 month at least and if they repeat ,1 year. Bc reporting its not a easy thing to do and we are here to play and not to catch cheaters.

Reactions: minucci

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
I didnt know that the rules were changed. Now it makes sense , the guy that i reported last month and was banned just killed me again using hax -.- one week is not the way to punish them,1 month at least and if they repeat ,1 year. Bc reporting its not a easy thing to do and we are here to play and not to catch cheaters.
But they are a
"Poor innocent tortured child that needs to be helped, and the person who bans them will have a lot of guild over it! Wahh"
Whoever thinks that truly has no spine.
There are certain people who have proven that they are letting petty things get in the way of doing the right thing. Certain people who silence others they dont see as agreeing with them, certain people who sympathise with what they are trying to stop.
They are cowards.

Reactions: Shootmaniak

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I agree completely. I'm always reporting hackers. But why should i spend 20/30 minutes making the video, uploading and posting. And then the hacker can just come back after 7 days. And teaming. Teaming is 2 warns. So when you warn the people because they're teaming i think they understand that teaming is not allowed. So make a 7 day ban or when you are doing really great. 1 month ban.

But hacking 7 days. WHY
And when i becomes more like, first time 7 days second time a month. Sometimes it takes around 5 month or so a hacker will be reported. So hacker is hacking for 5 months, get reported. Get banned for 7 days. After 7 days he can just join again and maybe he can hack again for 5 months so he is hacking on cubecraft for 10 months, SERIOUSLY

That was my opinion. :p

-werra11

There was a guy who hacked here multiple times, heck even did it today after his 1 week ban expired. First in June, with a 1 year ban. The new system unbanned him and then he got banned for a week. That guy came back, and I'm not surprised that I found him hacking. Proof is right here:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/hacker-on-survival-games.121138/#post-515758 (1st report)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/pvp-hacker-tjsunbury.136667/ (2nd report)
Today (see attached image)

The verdict? Some cheaters still continue to cheat even after being banned on multiple servers or times.

Attachments

• 2016-08-16_19.02.41.png
    2016-08-16_19.02.41.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85

Sammitox

Apr 12, 2016
I agree it cubecraft system pls first they lose people and now they get 80% more hackers i dont care anymore i dont gonna report.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
7 day ban for a hacker is a joke right? a month would be the absolute lowest i'd go.. idk if you've been watching the report section. but it gets flooded with hacker reports. so if you'd start reading it all and ban the first. when you're done the first one will already be unbanned... and without a doubt 4/5 will start hacking again. and im pretty sure new ones join every day.

Lately i get hackers in 1/3 of my Egg War games. which really sucks.. because i like the server. and that's why i do the effort to record it all as good as i can and report the hackers. but now i know that the ban only lasts 7 days.. i don't feel like putting the effort into recording/uploading/creating a thread if they only get a 7 day ban which is nothing. it's really sad that they ruin my and many others experience of the server. and if this keeps up i will eventually not play here anymore because i can barely enjoy the games i play.

so please take hackers a bit more serious and extend the ban time.
Preach.
The second punishment is permanent, but with how long it takes for reports to get noticed hackers get about 10 days without any sort of punishment.
Btw the second ban isn't even permanent, pretty sure the second ban is a month, the third 3 months and the 4th permanent, not 100% sure though.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
How about instead of just a perm ban for hacking, have it be a perm IP ban, since they could have access to alt account. Y'know, to try to counteract that.
No making hacking a straight ip ban is dumb. Maybe the hacker has siblings that play on the same computer that dont hack and are permbanned for no reason. Also ip bans can be bypassed.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I'm going to give an example of why this new ban system is weak. There is this hacker named Jawzpro and I reported him about a month ago. Guess what, he only needed to wait one week to hack again instead of the long year ban even though his punishment took place before the change. Even less shocking news, he went back to hacking.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/jawzpro-and-iirusty.134312/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/jawzpro-is-at-it-again.140735/

I have no clue if iirusty went back to hacking or not.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
I'm going to give an example of why this new ban system is weak. There is this hacker named Jawzpro and I reported him about a month ago. Guess what, he only needed to wait one week to hack again instead of the long year ban even though his punishment took place before the change. Even less shocking news, he went back to hacking.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/jawzpro-and-iirusty.134312/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/jawzpro-is-at-it-again.140735/

I have no clue if iirusty went back to hacking or not.
Maybe he'll learn after this month..

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Maybe he'll learn after this month..
If he didn't learn the first time not to hack even though he got banned for a year, and then got a saving grace because of the new ban system giving him a week ban but he still hacked again. He probably won't learn and hack again.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
No making hacking a straight ip ban is dumb. Maybe the hacker has siblings that play on the same computer that dont hack and are permbanned for no reason. Also ip bans can be bypassed.
The chances of that occurring are quite low, and if one member of that family hacks, who's to say that the others won't follow suit? There needs to be a punishment, and if it sends guilt to the hacker for messing up everybody else's game time by having them banned as well, then so be it. There needs to be a drastic and unmerciful punishment to people who are drastic and unmerciful.
And if the IP ban is bypasses somehow, then that hacker should be immediately ipbanned again.

Last edited:

Dr.Khqled

Jun 26, 2016
REALLY??????? ONE WEEK BAN FOR HACKER ?????????????????
That's really ...... . I don't want to say a word that suits the situation.
I really just happened to know about this ...... new ban duration, and that was the same time that I found the answer of the question that got me a headache, which was
" WHY THERE ARE A LOT OF HACKERS RECENTLY ??? "
Now that I know this .... new punishment, I have some questions for every one:

1st \ To me --- Why should I take the pain of : videoing (spectating after being killed to do so), doing some editing (cutting to reduce the video size and make it easier to staff) ,uploading (my internet is really bad at uploading) , writing a decent report, tagging staff, checking the report if it has been replied or not ... etc, and if all that go well, A WEEK LATER I WILL MEET THE SAME HACKER HACKING AGAIN !?!

2nd\ To staff --- Since in the old punishment system I was reporting (in my "hard-working mode") 6 to 7 hacker a week.
In the ....... new punishment system, (assuming I continue in my "hard-working mode" and I got an infinite patience of a tree waiting for rain in a desert) I will be reporting 6 to 7 report of new hackers who I encountered this week, 6 to 7 reports for the hackers that I reported the week before , 6 to 7 reports for those of the week before that .... etc
Total number of reports that I will make a week is "A BIG NUMBER". Any way, remember those are reported by one hard-worker out of "A BIG NUMBER" of hard-workers.
the question is , will you as staff really be able to handle all those reports ?

3rd\ To CubeCraft choice makers--- Number of hacker is increasing, Number of report not handled is increasing , Number of players hating hackers but lazy to report (due to what I have mentioned earlier) is increasing, ... etc
What is the result waited from that all other than " Number of player changing to other servers will increase"

I really love this server and hope the best for it. That's why I am writing here.
I will conclude by a small story
The last time I encountered a hacker today, I said to him " I got you, and you will be banned!". He answered, " For how much ? "

@Lezappen @DontYouDare @Moooofin

Last edited:
Reactions: minucci

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I agree with you. Games are ruined because people get unbanned waaayyy to fast.

Benji_and_Wayne

Apr 22, 2016
The number one reason why I completely agree is because they're not even getting punished. I've made several threads reporting hackers and they weren't even looked at. And one week for hacking is just too little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mayday! Mayday! Its May Day!!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #51-
One two-story stronghold library has 233 bookshelves, and if you break them, you will get 699 books (approximate).
Kazwa wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything!
The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Top Bottom