Votes: 26 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Disclaimer: This thread has some sarcasm. I do not support hacking on any servers. Also, this is a suggestion to revamp the punishment system again, this time combining some of the old with the new.

For reference, the old rules can be found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.41864/
Another hot thread talking about the current system found here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unplayable.139347/

I have not seen too many threads talking about changing the punishment system again and most of the recent punishments here have been made too lenient than those on other servers. For example, hacking is now a 1 week ban, but before, it was a 1 year ban. Elsewhere, hacking ranges from a 1 month ban to a permanent ban. The current punishment system is quite "effective," as we can see here. Let's see what happens when people break the rules:

-Teaming: 1 day ban. Previously on Cube: kick. Elsewhere: ban (some do a week ban at least)
-Hacking/cheating: 7 day ban. Previously on Cube: 1 year ban. Elsewhere: permanent or temporary (1 month or longer) ban
-DDoS Threats: 30 day mute. Previously on Cube: permanent ban, according to the old rules Elsewhere: Ban/very long mute.
-Chat offenses (disrespect/rudeness, etc.): I don't know. I'll assume it's a few hours or a day mute. Previously: 1 month or longer mute. Elsewhere: varies. 15 minutes-couple hours.

TheJeroen pointed out how inefficient and weak the current punishment system is, as quoted here from the first page of the "Unplayable" thread:

And then a 7 DAY BAN FOR HACKING? LIKE REALLY

I had no offence to the Staff who edited the advertising rule since I am kinda ok with it now, even tho I don't like it.
BUT 7 DAY BAN FOR HACKING? That is absolutely the most stupid punishment a server could think of tbh.
If I were a hacker I would just patiently wait 7 days not even trying to appeal because it's only for a week.
They should have kept the 1 year ban as it was since hackers deserve that because they ruin fun.
I'd prefer a perm ban the first time and only unbanning them if they can write a decent appeal.

But even IF Staff decided that a 1 year ban is too harsh why in the world only for 7 DAYS?
If the hacking punishment gets shorter then at least ban them for 2 or 3 months!

And about CrossTeaming in Team/Solo Modes a 1 Day ban is just useless. You really think people will stop teaming after being banned for just a day?

The results as of the new change:
-Hackers everywhere on the network now. Before this new change, I saw only 1 or 2 occasional hackers in games, but now almost every game has at least 1 hacker, if not 2.
-More teaming
-More rage.

All in all, more people leave games in frustration.

Solution
Why not keep the old punishments from the old rules and change some of the new punishments? For example, keep the 1 year ban for hacking from the old rules, but extend the ban time for teaming from 1 day to a week?

If all else fails, then why not allow hacking, teaming, and all the chat offenses? It would do much better since the ban times are too short. Hey, it's much easier, is it? Just kidding. A 7 day ban is almost nothing for a hacker, as all he would need to do is create a new alt or, as quoted above, wait the short 7 days before hacking and getting banned for another week again.

Bottom line: The current punishment system is too weak to combat rule-breakers, cheaters in particular. When it came out, I knew the server would become a 2nd hacker-infested server, much to my dismay.

TL;DR: Cube weakened since the new punishment system went into effect.

Last edited:

dontbossme

Aug 30, 2015
Pallet Town
CubeCraft staff has decided after a while that this was the best punishment system. They don't want people hacking, but they also don't want people hating the server. Yes, it sucks to be killed my a hacker, but they will eventually be caught. If they don't learn their lesson, they will just be punished worse. We just have to be patient with this system.

Reactions: YouGotSpooked

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I perfectly agree with you. 1 month for hacking is extremely lenient but why in the world would you shorten it to just one week. That is only good for the 10% of hackers that are actually sorry for what they did. But if they're sorry, they can easily just appeal. The second punishment is permanent, but with how long it takes for reports to get noticed hackers get about 10 days without any sort of punishment. The new punishment system is bad for 98% of the server and only good for the 2% that are sorry for breaking a rule.

Reactions: ItsYaBoyJavid

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I perfectly agree with you. 1 month for hacking is extremely lenient but why in the world would you shorten it to just one week. That is only good for the 10% of hackers that are actually sorry for what they did. But if they're sorry, they can easily just appeal. The second punishment is permanent, but with how long it takes for reports to get noticed hackers get about 10 days without any sort of punishment. The new punishment system is bad for 98% of the server and only good for the 2% that are sorry for breaking a rule.
I forgot to mention, but all of the banned/muted users under the old punishment system were unbanned/unmuted when the new one came out. Your suggestion is how another server runs: 2 chances, and no more.

A good appeal system wouldn't easily accept appeals. Most appeals sent in are lies, with only a few having legitimate counter-evidence. Specifically, xturtle, a popular youtuber cheater, hacked here a few times and on other servers too, and in one of his videos, he admitted to lying in his appeal. Personally, I would have any appeal without counter-evidence denied, even if it's the best story the writer came up with. The appeal system is meant to reconsider the punishment ONLY IF it is false, not as a gateway to being unbanned or unmuted.

I can send you info via a PM if you want.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
CubeCraft staff has decided after a while that this was the best punishment system. They don't want people hacking, but they also don't want people hating the server. Yes, it sucks to be killed my a hacker, but they will eventually be caught. If they don't learn their lesson, they will just be punished worse. We just have to be patient with this system.
I feel that those rule abiding players on the server (who FAR outnumber hackers) would appreciate a much stricter punishment system. Sure, hackers obviously would dislike the lenient system, but why should CC work to please them? More lenient on mutes, fine. I've definitely had my fair share of being new to a server and swearing. But banning? I think it's common sense you shouldn't be manipulating your client to give yourself an unfair advantage.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Only 7 days for hacking o_o the server would just be overrun with them. Theyd wait the 7 days and do it again. You have to ban them twice in a week if you did that and that would mean the reports wouldn't be noticed as quickly or fallen behind with twice as fast because there would be double the reports.

dontbossme

Aug 30, 2015
Pallet Town
I feel that those rule abiding players on the server (who FAR outnumber hackers) would appreciate a much stricter punishment system. Sure, hackers obviously would dislike the lenient system, but why should CC work to please them? More lenient on mutes, fine. I've definitely had my fair share of being new to a server and swearing. But banning? I think it's common sense you shouldn't be manipulating your client to give yourself an unfair advantage.
Okay, maybe a little stricter... :>

seantaiphoon

May 8, 2016
I agree completely, I ran into two hackers today and yesterday and that's more than I've ever seen on this server. Something must be changed.
One week to a hacker with multiple accounts is nothing, even one month would keep them off for a little while.

Have a nice day.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I agree completely, I ran into two hackers today and yesterday and that's more than I've ever seen on this server. Something must be changed.
One week to a hacker with multiple accounts is nothing, even one month would keep them off for a little while.

Have a nice day.
I ran into at least 5 hackers in all of my games today, some toggling on at the last minute. Some even played more than one game.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I did look into another thread that discussed this and it does make more sense now. Its helping out decipher between the actual hackers and the people who have been falsely banned because of a one off moment where it looked like they were hacking. Obviously if they are blatantly hacking they will be banned for good the second time.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I did look into another thread that discussed this and it does make more sense now. Its helping out decipher between the actual hackers and the people who have been falsely banned because of a one off moment where it looked like they were hacking. Obviously if they are blatantly hacking they will be banned for good the second time.
If they have counter evidence they can easily appeal and if they see it the second time they can be unbanned. That's only about 5% of reports however and I still see the new punishment system completely useless as it's hard to play a game without a hacker anymore and this punishment system is only making us lose players.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
If they have counter evidence they can easily appeal and if they see it the second time they can be unbanned. That's only about 5% of reports however and I still see the new punishment system completely useless as it's hard to play a game without a hacker anymore and this punishment system is only making us lose players.
I'm not saying I don't agree that the ban should be much longer though xD I'm saying it makes slightly more sence.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Disclaimer: This thread has some sarcasm. I do not support hacking on any servers. Also, this is a suggestion to revamp the punishment system again, this time combining some of the old with the new.

For reference, the old rules can be found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.41864/
Another hot thread talking about the current system found here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unplayable.139347/

I have not seen too many threads talking about changing the punishment system again and most of the recent punishments here have been made too lenient than those on other servers. For example, hacking is now a 1 week ban, but before, it was a 1 year ban. Elsewhere, hacking ranges from a 1 month ban to a permanent ban. The current punishment system is quite "effective," as we can see here. Let's see what happens when people break the rules:

-Teaming: 1 day ban. Previously on Cube: kick. Elsewhere: ban (some do a week ban at least)
-Hacking/cheating: 7 day ban. Previously on Cube: 1 year ban. Elsewhere: permanent or temporary (1 month or longer) ban
-DDoS Threats: 30 day mute. Previously on Cube: permanent ban, according to the old rules here. Elsewhere: Ban/very long mute.
-Chat offenses (disrespect/rudeness, etc.): I don't know. I'll assume it's a few hours or a day mute. Previously: 1 month or longer mute. Elsewhere: varies. 15 minutes-couple hours.

TheJeroen pointed out how inefficient and weak the current punishment system is, as quoted here from the first page of the "Unplayable" thread, found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/unplayable.139347/

The results as of the new change:
-Hackers everywhere on the network now. Before this new change, I saw only 1 or 2 occasional hackers in games, but now almost every game has at least 1 hacker, if not 2.
-More teaming
-More rage.

All in all, more people leave games in frustration.

Solution
Why not keep the old punishments from the old rules and change some of the new punishments? For example, keep the 1 year ban for hacking from the old rules, but extend the ban time for teaming from 1 day to a week?

If all else fails, then why not allow hacking, teaming, and all the chat offenses? It would do much better since the ban times are too short. Hey, it's much easier, is it? Just kidding. A 7 day ban is almost nothing for a hacker, as all he would need to do is create a new alt or, as quoted above, wait the short 7 days before hacking and getting banned for another week again.

Bottom line: The current punishment system is too weak to combat rule-breakers, cheaters in particular. When it came out, I knew the server would become a 2nd hacker-infested server, much to my dismay.

TL;DR: Cube weakened since the new punishment system went into effect.
I agree, the new punishement system is too lenient. I'm 50/50 on holding out any hacker reports in the future until the ban punishment change because I know it won't really impact the hacker much since 1 week is nothing, and they can go back to hacking really quick if they chose.(way it is right now first hack is a freeby hack) If you are hacking there is a pretty good chance that you know the repercussions of doing so since you would have to download a client other than the minecraft one. Unless you are a highly impresionable and extremely young you have no excuse for not knowing that hacking is not allowed since it's a rule on most servers excluding anarchy ones. Why were ddos threats reduced to 30 days, like permanent was to much if it was a joke but 30 days is way to short. I'm sortof okay with the teaming bans though since it scales up quickly.(I think its 1 day - 1 week - 1 month) Sadly the new punishment system may end up actually bringing IN hackers since they know they can get away with hacking once, please don't let the hackers get to such a quantity that it resembles mineplex, fix it before it's too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: YouGotSpooked

ShadowHeart752

Jul 5, 2016
I do feel like the current punishments aren't severe enough, but I do think that the old rules are a bit to severe. I mean everyone makes mistakes, so maybe things like a permanent ban and permanent mute for the first time at least. I do believe everyone does deserves a second chance. What I think would be fair would be something like this. A person get caught and reported, for hacking, but its the first time they've hacked or at least been reported. Since its the first time they get a ban for 3-4 months depending on severity. The ban goes away after the time and the hacker continues to hack on the server, this time its a permanent ban (or at least a 1-2 year ban).

CelePlayz

Jun 27, 2016
1 week is too less, because then hackers can go on in some time even without alts, this makes CubeCraft weak and bring hackers in, as @awesomebutter234 said in his message
I agree, the new punishement system is too lenient. I'm 50/50 on holding out any hacker reports in the future until the ban punishment change because I know it won't really imapct the hacker much since 1 week is nothing, and they can go back to hacking really quick if they chose.(way it is right now first hack is a freeby hack) If you are hacking there is a pretty good chance that you know the repercussions of doing so since you would have to download a client other than the minecraft one. Unless you are a highly impresionable and extremely young you have no excuse for not knowing that hacking is not allowed since it's a rule on most servers excluding anarchy ones. Why were ddos threats reduced to 30 days, like permanent was to much if it was a joke but 30 days is way to short. I'm sortof okay with the teaming bans though since it scales up quickly.(I think its 1 day - 1 week - 1 month) Sadly the new punishment system may end up actually bringing IN hackers since they know they can get way with hacking once, please don't let the hackers get to such a quantity that it resembles mineplex, fix it before it's too late.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I do feel like the current punishments aren't severe enough, but I do think that the old rules are a bit to severe. I mean everyone makes mistakes, so maybe things like a permanent ban and permanent mute for the first time at least. I do believe everyone does deserves a second chance. What I think would be fair would be something like this. A person get caught and reported, for hacking, but its the first time they've hacked or at least been reported. Since its the first time they get a ban for 3-4 months depending on severity. The ban goes away after the time and the hacker continues to hack on the server, this time its a permanent ban (or at least a 1-2 year ban).
Everybody makes mistakes but the thing is that the ban was not permanent, it just lasted 1 year. 3-4 months could be argued to be some what short( would prefer for it to be at least 6 months) and also I would treat all hacks the same just because you had the intention to hack. Some people just want to see how much they can get away with before being baned.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Everybody makes mistakes but the thing is that the ban was not permanent, it just lasted 1 year. 3-4 months could be argued to be some what short( would prefer for it to be at least 6 months) and also I would treat all hacks the same just because you had the intention to hack. Some people just want to see how much they can get away with before being baned.
That's exactly what xturtle did in his very first hacking video: test anticheat and how long it would take for staff to respond to his cheating. We don't want xturtle to swarm CubeCraft with more hacking videos and cheaters as he did with Mineplex. He already made 5 hacking videos on Cube.

Problem is, anticheat has to go in hand with a punishment system. Maybe have it automatically ban cheaters either for months or for permanent similar to how a couple other servers do it. If there's a weak anticheat and a weak punishment system, then the server has essentially little to no strict rule enforcement.

If anything, the new system will have even more people get frustrated and leave the server. This time, it's not rulebreakers only, but also legitimate players too. Part of the reason why I left the other hacker-infested server is because of its staff corruption and hackers in almost every game. I know we'll have to wait it out, but in the meantime, the playerbase is hurt more instead of the cheaters.

Last edited:

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
J8Fqid4.jpg

Again no offence to the people who made these new rules but I just don't like them at all.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
Agree with the fact that this should start with a 1 week ban, then a month, then 2 months, 3 months, etc.
Should be atleast 1 month to start, after that ban 6 months, then a year.
Don't know what these are now. Should be a week mute to start off though, again, not sure what it is now.
-DDoS Threats: 30 day mute. Previously on Cube: permanent ban, according to the old rules Elsewhere: Ban/very long mute.
Used to be a one month ban, should be again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom