Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Ehm .-.
Our systems weren't advanced enough for that. We now have a system in place that logs all bans and mutes, even after they expire or get appealed.

The old conundrum with banning a player was guilt. If you banned someone, you needed to be damn sure they hack; a year ban is basically a death sentence in the world of Minecraft servers, and if I banned someone, I had to do it with the mindset that this person cannot be redeemed, that this person is guilty beyond all doubt.

If I banned someone, they appealed, and I couldn't find the evidence I used to ban them in the first place, I'm gonna have to go to bed that night thinking I might have ruined a kid's favorite video game. Maybe that kid has abusive parents and comes to Cubecraft for an escape. Maybe that kid is a lonely nerdy dork and his only friends are online, and maybe that kid is losing his favorite server because I mistook lag for anti-knockback, or some vindictive jerk used Labymod to frame his enemy and get him banned.

Now I can ban someone for a week and if they're innocent, they'll be back in 7 days and all I owe them is an apology. For the first month or so, we're gonna have repeat offenders, but after that, they're going to be getting permanent bans. People who got banned once are gonna wise up and stop using hacks. I, along with the rest of the staff team, am gonna stop being so paranoid about ruining some poor kid's favorite game and be more active with reports. This new punishment system is going to be a fantastic thing for Cubecraft, but we all need to chip in to make it work.
^
This is how the new punishment system works , since you guys only see it from the side of:
''wow I've put so much effort in reporting but the hackers are only getting banned for one week?!?''.
But what's the difference between a hacker that gets punished for a week, and a hacker that appeals with a sob story who's getting unbanned as well in maybe even less than a week, nothing. We can now see if an offender has been punished more than once in the past and we can use that to review appeals and decline appeals automatically when we see that a player was using hacks in the past.

I also wasn't very happy with the new system at first sight , but it turns out to be a better way of deciding which appeal to accept and which not. This is the way to put it:

Old system:
+ 1 year bans for hackers
- Appeals get accepted more quick due to that we did not know if someone hacked in the past or not.

New system:
- 1 week bans (eventually if player caught hacking again it'll become permanent)
+ We won't be accepting appeals if we see that the player was previously banned

Both systems have their pros and cons.
Here is what I've found And I agree with this... ^^^^ So -1

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
i agree hacking should be banned for a week a month is to much they will leave the server so i would prefor a week :(

N

Nikboo

Maybe instead of a week or a year they could make it something in between such as a month. I think this would be more fair.

Reactions: ItsYaBoyJavid

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Ehm .-.

I understand that taco did not want to ruin somebodies game, but the way he did it is just asking for more hackers to come on here, test their hacks and then stop hacking, he should have at least put a 3-6 month ban. The way it is now might cost the server to actually somewhat resemble Mineplex in their quantities of hackers.

Reactions: Jaistrix

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So, I'll be like @zRinne and give an example as to why the punishment system needs to be changed:

So, during World War 2 the Germans captured Minsk in a mere 7 days. With this pace, they would've reached Moscow in another 14 days and made Stalin move to Kamchatka. However, Stalin had a draft that required all 19-50 year old men to participate. This means that all dead soldiers were replaced in a week, which looks god awful similar to the hacking punishment. If Stalin had to move to Kamchatka, the draft would take a month to process and Stalin wouldn't have a clue how many soldiers the Germans killed. So the number of soldiers would quickly disappear and the Germans could've conquered the USSR. But the Soviets just had too many people.

(I know it was good the USSR won, this is just an example)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ehm .-.

I didn't say completely bring back the old system or keep the new one. Rather, I said we could tweak the old system. It's what @iLoveYouu said in the other thread: keep the new system's ability to log appeals, bans, and mutes but make the bans longer (a couple months instead of the previous 1 year).

Reactions: iLoveYouu

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I didn't say completely bring back the old system or keep the new one. Rather, I said we could tweak the old system. It's what @iLoveYouu said in the other thread: keep the new system's ability to log appeals, bans, and mutes but make the bans longer (a couple months instead of the previous 1 year).
They don't want to change it for some stupid reason even though everyone including moderators disagree with the current length of bans.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
CubeCraft staff has decided after a while that this was the best punishment system. They don't want people hacking, but they also don't want people hating the server. Yes, it sucks to be killed my a hacker, but they will eventually be caught. If they don't learn their lesson, they will just be punished worse. We just have to be patient with this system.
It takes too long for justice to be served, and Hackers do not learn, they adapt, so putting them into an unadaptable situation, or at least with some difficulty, like a permanent ip ban with no appeal, wouldn't matter. In fact, it brings more legit players since they dont have to worry about being slaughtered by another hacker the very next game. Cubecraft abandoned its players. It abandoned everybody for the scum hackers. They dont care about making people hate the server. Hackers do not vote, so they wouldn't bring in revenue, and they dont bring in new players, since they would rek them within a few minutes. They get caught too late and after too much damage has been done. That's what the new rules have done. Abandon the players.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
thx im not saying becauseim hacking but i want this server to be better then hypixel :) also liked the comment ;)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
1 week is enough... If they Hack again its 1 month or even worse :/

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
1 week is enough... If they Hack again its 1 month or even worse :/
That is incredibly reactionary, which really isnt the best idea.
Giving somebody a week long ban for something as heinous (for PC game standards) as hacking should be a month long ban at the least. A week long ban tells them:
"Aw gosh darn, you got caught! But you can come back later because we dont care about if you hack again, but you will probably take the neccesary actions to prevent that so we cant ban you again"
If somebody hacks once, they can do it again, and again, and again. These people have no mercy, so giving them a merciless punishment will probably make them think twice.
We shouldn't care about keeping a hacker. Would you want to keep that tumor that the doctors said will kill you because you gave it a cute name, or will you save yourself?

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
That is incredibly reactionary, which really isnt the best idea.
Giving somebody a week long ban for something as heinous (for PC game standards) as hacking should be a month long ban at the least. A week long ban tells them:
"Aw gosh darn, you got caught! But you can come back later because we dont care about if you hack again, but you will probably take the neccesary actions to prevent that so we cant ban you again"
If somebody hacks once, they can do it again, and again, and again. These people have no mercy, so giving them a merciless punishment will probably make them think twice.
We shouldn't care about keeping a hacker. Would you want to keep that tumor that the doctors said will kill you because you gave it a cute name, or will you save yourself?
.... Or just ban them again.. Not all Hacker are Geniuses... Most of them are pretty dumb .-. Why... Well they're Hacking... I'm pretty sure after 1 ban someone thinks twice... Only if hes a "Badboy" and Hacks again... Well the consequences will be Interesting ;}

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
.... Or just ban them again.. Not all Hacker are Geniuses... Most of them are pretty dumb .-. Why... Well they're Hacking... I'm pretty sure after 1 ban someone thinks twice... Only if hes a "Badboy" and Hacks again... Well the consequences will be Interesting ;}
Have you thought about what type of servers hackers would want to be on, because one with a lenient ban system definitely looks appealing to them. The ban system right now basically gives you a "freeby" hack since 1 week is not a lot, especially to hackers that don't care about being banned. I will say this again this new punishment system will most likely end up bringing IN hackers to test their new hacks due to how lenient the punishment is.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Then why has the problem only gotten worse?
Before, people were punished the way that they deserved, and the problem wasn't as bad. And now we are letting them in with an appeal only. They dont care about a week and even a month ban.
You cant expect them to learn that some things are punished for drastically if the punishment isn't drastic. All the current system does is slap their wrist. You cant possible believe they will learn from that. All them getting punished for now is to teach them to be more cautious when hacking, NOT to stop.

Reactions: awesomebutter234

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Have you thought about what type of servers hackers would want to be on, because one with a lenient ban system definitely looks appealing to them. The ban system right now basically gives you a "freeby" hack since 1 week is not a lot, especially to hackers that don't care about being banned. I will say this again this new punishment system will most likely end up bringing IN hackers to test their new hacks due to how lenient the punishment is.
I used to go onto a server that gotten this problem, the name was woodycraft. That server died.
The hacker problem and cancer are very similar. It grows and grows until you grow the brain cells to cut the thing out.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
They don't want to change it for some stupid reason even though everyone including moderators disagree with the current length of bans.
Maybe the owner is a hacker and feels bad for his people.
(JOKING)
But seriously, if nothing happens, then this server will die, the people will leave, and it will be a wild west of dust, blood, rage, hatred, and regret.
And the higher up staff have made it quite clear that the needs of the "oh poor innocent child! All he wanted is to dominate all the other players with his lack of skill" outweigh the needs of everybody else. I am thinking of retracting my staff application out of the sheer realization that the people with the true power are being as immature and childish as the creatures they are trying to stop. It appalls me.

Last edited:

Roefel

Jul 6, 2016
7 day ban for a hacker is a joke right? a month would be the absolute lowest i'd go.. idk if you've been watching the report section. but it gets flooded with hacker reports. so if you'd start reading it all and ban the first. when you're done the first one will already be unbanned... and without a doubt 4/5 will start hacking again. and im pretty sure new ones join every day.

Lately i get hackers in 1/3 of my Egg War games. which really sucks.. because i like the server. and that's why i do the effort to record it all as good as i can and report the hackers. but now i know that the ban only lasts 7 days.. i don't feel like putting the effort into recording/uploading/creating a thread if they only get a 7 day ban which is nothing. it's really sad that they ruin my and many others experience of the server. and if this keeps up i will eventually not play here anymore because i can barely enjoy the games i play.

so please take hackers a bit more serious and extend the ban time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
❤️❤️❤️
Top Bottom