Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lwush

Nov 7, 2023
Sweden
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like ever since team gamemodes was removed from lucky islands etc the game has been so boring and dead. I know that they removed it cause of the lack of players but it has never been this bad as it is now as far as I know and I have been playing for many many years. I just want to be able to experience team lucky islands again since it was my favourite game mode and ik i'm not the only one who wants this.

tomaattix

Nov 29, 2023
Finland
Don't really understand The "lack of players" argument. First off, that never Even was a problem to Begin with. I've put 360 hours into just team lucky islands, and i never heard anyone complain that The games were starting too slow. The devs just tried fixing something that wasn't broken on The first place, and lost like half of their players. At The very least they could have removed Solo gamemodes and kept The team Modes as they seemed to Be More popular, and had More of a community obviously since they were team modes

Reactions: lwush

lwush

Nov 7, 2023
Sweden
Pronouns
She/Her
This!! I really hope they bring the teammodes back:( it’s unfair that bedrock has it but Java doesn’t.

UncleSpect

Forum Expert
Oct 16, 2019
Turkey ❤️🤍
If the number of players increases on its own, I am sure that the removed games will come back. I hope it will rise again and team games will be added again. Everyone wants this :(

Reactions: Loskol

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
i never heard anyone complain that The games were starting too slow. The devs just tried fixing something that wasn't broken on The first place
This is a player point of view, but as a player myself I think it only fair to look from the other side to the issue.

CubeCraft is a company which can exist due to the income of money. The expenses to this are the servers they have to keep open. Every game that is open is one that takes money out of team CC's pockets. This is worth it however, because of the amount of money CubeCraft got back from people buying ranks and all other sources of income CC has.

When Java started to decline as a whole, CC had noticed their playercount going down similarly. To fight this, they decided to remove the gamemodes that had a lot of open servers (costing money) while they had little players. This included the team gamemodes as well.

Because you think a game starts in a decent pace doesn't mean it gets profitable as a whole. I am of the personal opinion CubeCraft deleted a few too many games, as I think games like MinerWare, but also the team gamemode of either SkyWars or Lucky Islands could've been kept on the server. I think it is tough for us to make such calls without the proper data, which I think should be made a bit more publicly, but simply stating that you found it no issue and you didn't know anyone who did doesn't make the game profitable, as every server costs money which a company eventually would run out of.

Now I hope this clears the 'lack of player' argument a bit for you. I would like to request CubeCraft to share the data from the 'The Future of Java' change on the Team vs Solo gamemode topic, and in comparison with the other games that were kept on the network, as this would give players a better insight on why decisions are made and why the team deems these the right decisions

Reactions: Loskol

tomaattix

Nov 29, 2023
Finland
This is a player point of view, but as a player myself I think it only fair to look from the other side to the issue.

CubeCraft is a company which can exist due to the income of money. The expenses to this are the servers they have to keep open. Every game that is open is one that takes money out of team CC's pockets. This is worth it however, because of the amount of money CubeCraft got back from people buying ranks and all other sources of income CC has.

When Java started to decline as a whole, CC had noticed their playercount going down similarly. To fight this, they decided to remove the gamemodes that had a lot of open servers (costing money) while they had little players. This included the team gamemodes as well.

Because you think a game starts in a decent pace doesn't mean it gets profitable as a whole. I am of the personal opinion CubeCraft deleted a few too many games, as I think games like MinerWare, but also the team gamemode of either SkyWars or Lucky Islands could've been kept on the server. I think it is tough for us to make such calls without the proper data, which I think should be made a bit more publicly, but simply stating that you found it no issue and you didn't know anyone who did doesn't make the game profitable, as every server costs money which a company eventually would run out of.

Now I hope this clears the 'lack of player' argument a bit for you. I would like to request CubeCraft to share the data from the 'The Future of Java' change on the Team vs Solo gamemode topic, and in comparison with the other games that were kept on the network, as this would give players a better insight on why decisions are made and why the team deems these the right decisions
Yeah you're right. But still team gamemodes don't generate any More servers than Solo gamemodes do. It's still only one map you're playing in. And as team gamemodes were More popular The server's player rate would Be more with team gamemodes, so obviously More revenue. Also just The fact that cubecraft deleted like half of their games all of a sudden just seems like a very poor decision. They could have gradually started removing gamemodes instead of deleting like 60% of them all with not much warning and very few given reasons. Even if everything you just Said was right, The fact that The devs weren't too open about that just makes me believe they don't care much about The Java server and instead put all their resources on The bedrock one

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
And as team gamemodes were More popular The server's player rate would Be more with team gamemodes, so obviously More revenue.
This statement would be true if we could confirm team gamemodes had more players than solo gamemodes, which I strongly doubt. However, I do not have the data to confirm or deny the matter.

Also just The fact that cubecraft deleted like half of their games all of a sudden just seems like a very poor decision. They could have gradually started removing gamemodes instead of deleting like 60% of them all with not much warning and very few given reasons. Even if everything you just Said was right, The fact that The devs weren't too open about that just makes me believe they don't care much about The Java server and instead put all their resources on The bedrock one
This is a whole different point that has nothing to do with the thread itself, even though I think you're right. I agree with the fact that that gradually removing or keeping a bit more gamemodes would be a better decision.

The last statement about the Developers not being open about the decision is one I find hard to swallow. If anything, the developers are the only active staff members on the forums to go in depth about why a decision is being made (thanks Redned and Laura for the massive contributions!). The openness shouldn't come from the developers on this update, but should come from the admin team in my opinion. However, I don't think talking about this any further would benefit the topic of the thread, therefore that's the last I will say about it.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
Top Bottom