Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the old arcade games return?

• Total voters

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Hmm... I'm on the fence about it tbh. I personally never played a lot of the other arcade games... I almost only played spleef and paintball and infrequently tnt run and parkour.

It's often said that the old games weren't popular and hence removed. I have been on at different times and these new games do not appear to be any more popular than the old ones, with the exception of Layer Spleef and Paintball. At first they were because they were a novelty. But now that the novelty has worn off, most people just play Layer Spleef.

Still, we could do with more than 5 games, and incorporating some of the old ones into the new arcade system may be worth considering.

Based on what I have seen, I can't see a return of the old games like Parkour or Quake being any less popular than Line Dash or Barn Brawl. But I don't have the statistics, only observation based on the different times that I go on. A lot of the new arcade games are dead or people just up and leave and you gotta wait for people to join.

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
Well I really like those new games like line dash, the new paintball and also that new gamemode where you have to push the mobs to your base, I forgot the name of it... But they really, have to bring back the old spleef! I probably am an outsider with this since not a lot of people like spleef, but I really liked it a lot but the layer spleef I don't really like it that much, I mean the maps are ok, but like if it wouldn't have any power ups or like Bow Spleef then I really would like it. I just miss the old spleef but the rest is awesome!

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Well I really like those new games like line dash, the new paintball and also that new gamemode where you have to push the mobs to your base, I forgot the name of it... But they really, have to bring back the old spleef! I probably am an outsider with this since not a lot of people like spleef, but I really liked it a lot but the layer spleef I don't really like it that much, I mean the maps are ok, but like if it wouldn't have any power ups or like Bow Spleef then I really would like it. I just miss the old spleef but the rest is awesome!

Actually, spleef is the most popular arcade game -- even in the days of the classic arcade. That's why you'll always generally find a game in spleef, even during less busy times.

Layer spleef is an outstanding concept with dynamic and fun gameplay and the potential for some really epic pvp spleef battles. The powerups add punch and make the spleef battlefield all the more dangerous.

However...

Like you, I am feeling very nostalgic for the classic spleef maps and gameplay. I loved the old maps. The configuration of the new maps are exciting and unique in theory, but in practice they don't allow a lot of room to do hardcore pvp spleef. However, they do cater perfectly for powerups in which the old spleef maps are not really designed for. The old maps were better designed for close combat, not shooting from 5 miles away, with or without powerups, as is the case in the layer spleef maps.

I have so many opinions on the new spleef that I won't detail here. However, I will say that on the one hand I do like Layer Spleef, but I also miss the old maps and spleef gameplay where it was just hand to hand combat, no powerups, no melting layers, no dragon eggs, no chicken little combat.

I particularly miss a good bowspleef match that is less common on these new maps because of their size and/or configuration. In the old
bowspleef maps (bowspleef, arena, and spiral) you could bowspam someone into oblivion, rapid shoot and outshoot your opponent, and there was even enough room to do some beautiful parkour and distance shooting if necessary or desired. The size and configuration of the new maps, along with powerups, has made this type of combat either a rare treat or nonexistent.

I find myself playing very differently to how I used to play to fit into the new gen of spleefing. I think I've even lost some of my skill :(I used to be dangerous at splegg and bowspleef, but now I'm kinda a nooby wooby at it because Layer spleef has made me soft. I find myself giving into the powerups and just relying more and more on them and less on raw skill.

On the plus side, I'm pretty excellent at parkour now compared to how I was in the old arcade lol. I'm actually better at tnt run than I ever was in the old arcade because layer spleef forces you to become proficient at parkour.

Nevertheless, layer spleef is still fun in its own right, and all games will have their limitations, advantages and disadvantages. So while I miss the old arcade games (even paintball), I enjoy the new ones a helluva lot too.

Reactions: DaHammy

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
old arcade had more games and the lobby was nice to so i hope that they wil change it ??
:(
:)

I'm sure they will add more games to arcade. They only created a handful to start with, but I'm positive that more games will be released over time.

As for the lobby... a lot of people prefer the old lobby. I actually love the new one. I miss the old one for nostalgic reasons, but I enjoy the look & feel of the updated version. I doubt they will change the lobby anytime soon, but I'm sure they will add more games. All we can do is to just make suggestions. Even try to make some suggestions on how they can integrate the old games into the new system.

IDontForGive_

Jul 22, 2017
I'm sure they will add more games to arcade. They only created a handful to start with, but I'm positive that more games will be released over time.

As for the lobby... a lot of people prefer the old lobby. I actually love the new one. I miss the old one for nostalgic reasons, but I enjoy the look & feel of the updated version. I doubt they will change the lobby anytime soon, but I'm sure they will add more games. All we can do is to just make suggestions. Even try to make some suggestions on how they can integrate the old games into the new system.
oke thnx for the news ;P

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom