Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
Heyo,

It is extremely hard to achieve leaderboards if the game is already released. As an solution, monthly leaderboards could be your hero!

You get that small sparkle fame you always wanted, and the #1 who put yesrs of effort still has his fame.

At the end of the month a small price could be nice:
#1 3 Cubelets, 500 points.
#2 2 Cubelets, 250 points.
#3 2 Cubelets, 100 points
#4 1 Cubelet, 100 points.
#5 1 Cubelet.

As always the higher staff has a final word on quantity of the prices, but it is an easy addon to challenge yourself.

Be sure to vote in the poll!

~Haider

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Kind of like that other thread about monthly leaderboard, and my answer is still yes :D

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I like the idea, though I'd rather see something unique be given as a reward, say a miniature or a pet, rather than a reward that is consumed once to no actual benefit of the user and then lost.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
It is difficult to become one of the top 5 winners of Skywars or Eggwars, for example.
This suggestion (so the monthly leaderboards) would be feasible for everyone. The rewards you get are also very fancy.
I am in for this! :)

Keep it up with inventing ideas!

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
*cough cough* or her *cough cough*

I've Said It Before & I'll Say It Again
This is a good idea except the one thing is if your in the leaderboard you have to be very good at the game so you are likely also going to be the player of the month which contradicts the whole point
and even if players who are currently on the leaderboard don't qualify
Well then it would likely be the next closest players in other words the players who would be sixth or seventh on the leaderboard if it had more spots and the same players would always be getting it
I think I have stated enough to say that this wouldn't be effective

PyjamaBanana

Novice Member
Jan 17, 2017
I have to agree with the idea of monthly leader boards as it IS really difficult to get onto the leaderboards as they are dominated by players who have played for years.
As well as this restarting the leaderboards each month helps bring a competitive attitude from a lot of players.

Reactions: iFantazy

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Like I said one of the other threads, I've never been on the leaderboards since I play on CubeCraft so maybe with the monthly leaderboards I can be on it. I like this idea just like the other thread:).

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
you realize the implications of being on that thing is you have to 1. Play A LOT, & 2. Win A Lot Of Those Games You Played

My Exact Point In The First Place
Sure, in both cases you need to play a lot, but guess what? It's a lot easier to stay on the leaderboards if you already have 1000+games and years of playing on cubecraft between you and the person below you.

Take for instance someone who recently joined cubecraft but is very good so therefore wins a lot. This person wouldn't have a chance of coming on the all-time leaderboard, but does have a fair chance of getting on the monthly leaderboards.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Meh... I don't know why, but I don't think it's necessary to add this on CubeCraft. Sawry Haider <3
Hmm, what is not necessary about this, I personally really like this, also, this has been suggested a lot the past weeks, a lot of members like it and I think Cubecraft definitely needs an update for the players who want to be at a leaderboard once, last thing I'm going to say that this is your opinion, I respect that! :)

Sijpieboy

Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2015
Somewhere in Holland
Hmm, what is not necessary about this, I personally really like this, also, this has been suggested a lot the past weeks, a lot of members like it and I think Cubecraft definitely needs an update for the players who want to be at a leaderboard once, last thing I'm going to say that this is your opinion, I respect that! :)
Hmmm, there will be hundreds of players who are going to tryhard for the monthly leaderboards, which will be frustrating for some of them. On top of that I don't like tryharders, I mean, is everyone really focussed on the leaderboards?! There's just no fun to play a game when you're just playing/tryharding for the leaderboard. I prefer just playing for fun without tryharders and salty people. Also, the leaderboard will make you playing one single game every day to keep your place on the leaderboard.
When UHC got released, I heard tons of players saying that they definitely will get on the leaderboard, but at the moment I don't see any of them on it...

Last edited:

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
Hmmm, there will be hundreds of players who are going to tryhard for the monthly leaderboards, which will be frustrating for some of them. On top of that I don't like tryharders, I mean, is everyone really focussed on the leaderboards?! There's just no fun to play a game when you're just playing/tryharding for the leaderboard. I prefer just playing for fun without tryharders and salty people. Also, the leaderboard will make you playing one single game every day to keep your place on the leaderboard.
When UHC got released, I heard tons of players saying that they definetely will get on the leaderboard, but at the moment I don't see any of them on it...
@iGotHacks got a life instead of leaderboards

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
When UHC got released, I heard tons of players saying that they definitely will get on the leaderboard, but at the moment I don't see any of them on it...

Everyone says they don't want tryhards in CCGN. Yet not because they want this to be a casual server, but mainly for themselves. With no one to compete against you :/. Makes us feel good doesn't it. You will find salty players even without this new addition. Keeping your place on the leaderboard means you have to win a huge amount of games a day. Why is that bad? This would attract players (mainly for the reward, but we are humans after all) for CubeCraft. When UHC was released the leaderboard changed drastically, maybe not as much now. Yet I hardly doubt it's because people can't win games, but because they just aren't interested. IMO this suggestion has more benefits than losses.

Now while we are on that subject. Some of you might say what about the hackers, or the difference in playing time, or the huge gaps in skills?

Well if the player who is on the leaderboard is a hacker, he won't be there for long. Now that we have got Sentinel, majority of the hackers are pretty much gone. And people on the leaderboard are bound to play often, if they are hacking, just record and report.

If you can't play enough to get on the leaderboard, you may be out of luck. Getting on the leaderboard takes commitment, even if this is a monthly one. Of course there is gonna be those players out there who can't play often because they have parents or guardians who only let them play for a hour or so. I don't know how to solve this solution without making a whole new ranking system. Well best of luck to those out there.

And of course there is gonna be a gap in skills. There are gonna be players out there who you just can't beat. Well, play smart. Make traps or something along those lines.

iFantazy

Novice Member
Mar 22, 2017
SkyWars
Yeah, there are players with tens of thousands of wins who hardly ever play now, and it's impossible to overtake them. I think monthly leaderboards would be a good idea. For example, I want to come on leaderboards for Minerware but it's impossible because the players that are never on sit there on the leaderboard stands with hundreds of wins above everyone else.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Top Bottom