Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

👨‍🌾Barn Brawl

The OG's on CubeCraft will remember the old arcade lobby: it had a lot of good games in it, which we still know and can play in the featured game cycle. Most of the games are still there, but out of all those games they left one game out: Barn Brawl. I'll explain what Barn Brawl exactly is, why it is removed and why it should return back down below.

❓ What is Barn Brawl?

Barn Brawl is a game where 12 players, divided in 4 teams battle to get the most points. To get points, you have to slap animals in your barn. Animals each have their own value (I don't exactly remember them, but for example): a sheep is worth 2 points, a chicken 4, dinnerbone animals worth 5 or 6, glowing animals gave you double points, etc. Besides there were normal animals as we know them, some of them were a bit... strange. For example, there was a blue baby sheep called 'Sonic' that was worth 7 points, but it was difficult to catch because of its speed. Now, just slapping animals in your barn is a bit boring, but you also had creepers that gave you negatives. Things like this gave you a tactic to choose of. Some people were trying to keep the other teams from scoring points, while others were running after flying chickens.

😔 Why it got removed?

A lot of people still remember the separate lobbies getting fused all together. There wasn't any space for all the arcade games, so that's why the Arcade game cycle was made. But for some reason, Barn Brawl got patched out. Maybe because it was less played then others, maybe because CCGN didn't think people would play it enough.

🥰 Why we want it back!

Barn Brawl is a fun concept and it was something completely different from the other games. We've seen that CCGN likes the concept too, by trying to add something likewise in the MinerWare update with the animal fishing boss game. I am convinced that this minigame would add something to the network, something that people really are willing to play. I will never forget the fun games I had before it got removed, I had really much fun playing with and against friends and I think this game deserves another chance, returning to the network and entering the cycle.

Let me know what you think about this game, and if you still remember the good old days! 😊

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands

👨‍🌾Barn Brawl

The OG's on CubeCraft will remember the old arcade lobby: it had a lot of good games in it, which we still know and can play in the featured game cycle. Most of the games are still there, but out of all those games they left one game out: Barn Brawl. I'll explain what Barn Brawl exactly is, why it is removed and why it should return back down below.

❓ What is Barn Brawl?

Barn Brawl is a game where 12 players, divided in 4 teams battle to get the most points. To get points, you have to slap animals in your barn. Animals each have their own value (I don't exactly remember them, but for example): a sheep is worth 2 points, a chicken 4, dinnerbone animals worth 5 or 6, glowing animals gave you double points, etc. Besides there were normal animals as we know them, some of them were a bit... strange. For example, there was a blue baby sheep called 'Sonic' that was worth 7 points, but it was difficult to catch because of its speed. Now, just slapping animals in your barn is a bit boring, but you also had creepers that gave you negatives. Things like this gave you a tactic to choose of. Some people were trying to keep the other teams from scoring points, while others were running after flying chickens.

😔 Why it got removed?

A lot of people still remember the separate lobbies getting fused all together. There wasn't any space for all the arcade games, so that's why the Arcade game cycle was made. But for some reason, Barn Brawl got patched out. Maybe because it was less played then others, maybe because CCGN didn't think people would play it enough.

🥰 Why we want it back!

Barn Brawl is a fun concept and it was something completely different from the other games. We've seen that CCGN likes the concept too, by trying to add something likewise in the MinerWare update with the animal fishing boss game. I am convinced that this minigame would add something to the network, something that people really are willing to play. I will never forget the fun games I had before it got removed, I had really much fun playing with and against friends and I think this game deserves another chance, returning to the network and entering the cycle.

Let me know what you think about this game, and if you still remember the good old days! 😊
Omg yes I remember

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I remember playing these games a couple of times with friends and I think it would be pretty interesting to give it at least a try and see how it does and then decide if it's worth keeping it or not.
Or leave it as a featured
I totally agree it should be given at least a try:heart:
Add a poll tho, bad blom :C

• Haha
Reactions: Blom

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I remember playing these games a couple of times with friends and I think it would be pretty interesting to give it at least a try and see how it does and then decide if it's worth keeping it or not.
Or leave it as a featured
I totally agree it should be given at least a try:heart:
Add a poll tho, bad blom :C
Poll would be a bit late but next time I will :D

Reactions: zMigi_

EntityLqwered

Nov 24, 2019
Belgium

👨‍🌾Barn Brawl

❓ What is Barn Brawl?

😔 Why it got removed?

🥰 Why we want it back!

I would love to see it back... feels like nostalgia for me

Reactions: Blom

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey EntityBlom, sorry for the wait on your response and thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately at this time, we do not want to pursue adding Barn Brawl back to the server for the following reasons:

Barn Brawl was one of if not the least popular of the bunch of Arcade games, not to mention that one of the games more popular than it (Line Dash) currently pulls a very tiny amount of players off-peak on Java, 0 players often through into the morning. (BST) Our data currently suggests that Barn Brawl would not do any better than it did before, in fact more likely worse.

The game is incredibly short, this can be construed as a positive as players enter newer games quicker but that generally doesn't happen due to it's arcade-y style. Arcade games are side games that people use to take a break from their main game thus lowering the player count further than others.

It also suffers from a replay-ability problem, Barn Brawl only worked as an Arcade game because it was next to the other gamemodes, as a standalone we believe it would suffer more from player drops due to not having these other games next to it to keep it feeling fresh.

There is definitely potential in the future for Barn Brawl to potentially be a Minerware boss game as you mentioned but that's it, it likely won't have the sustainability or player count to even be a featured game.

Thank you for your suggestion regardless!

~ Locked & marked as denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on Basketman's profile.
does only staff get access to animated profile pictures?
groove_ wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
UncleSuSpect
Eli wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!!
Basketman wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
Top Bottom