• Bridging is useless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This will die

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
In Cubecraft’s most popular games, Eggwars and, Skywars, bridging fast will give u a huge advantage.

I propose to add a new lobby game, called Bridge Speed(idk) where you can pick between 3 maps, 10 block bridging, 30 block bridging, and 90 block bridging.

When you step on the start pressure plate, a timer starts. When you step on the pressure plate at the end, the timer stops. If you fall down while bridging, you get reset, just like parcour.

This would allow people to time their bridging speed, and try to obtain new highscores. Before you tell me “Go to a single player world”, please consider the fact that you can’t precisely time yourself there, and getting back to bridging after falling down is a pain. Please vote based on how you like the suggestion, not based on “is it worth a dev’s time or not”

Thanks for reading.(as you can tell i rlly want this)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
If it were up to me I would have a selector that let's you pick how many blocks you want to bridge rather than 10-30-90. There can also be a mode for diagnol and staircase. For the modes 10, 30 and 90 there can be a leaderboard for the best times recorded and in () the blocks/second.

Idk that's what I think would make this idea into a real game (not saying it isn't).

Reactions: stevecrak

Demacushi

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2018
The Netherlands
This is a interesting suggestion. It would be nice if players can improve their build skills and get better at speed bridging/building and duel against other players to set up a better high-score! +1 from me (:

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Dont add a leaderboard. *ahem* scaffold hackers *ahem*

Better to be more of a solo thing...

Reactions: SanCookie

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
1v1 me in bridging game mode

But seriously, I honestly love this suggestion; in single player, I used to practice my speed bridging like, 50 blocks in the air, (enough to fall and die, so I could respawn back at the beginning); but yeah, I can't exactly time it, and I can't have a competition to see who's faster than whom, me or my friend, I think having a timer would actually encourage me to practice speed bridging more, and to get better at it. Because it's just more fun, and you can actually tell, if you improved or not.

There should also be an endless mode, where the only purpose of that is to see how many blocks can you place before falling off.

I love this suggestion.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
1v1 me in bridging game mode

But seriously, I honestly love this suggestion; in single player, I used to practice my speed bridging like, 50 blocks in the air, (enough to fall and die, so I could respawn back at the beginning); but yeah, I can't exactly time it, and I can't have a competition to see who's faster than whom, me or my friend, I think having a timer would actually encourage me to practice speed bridging more, and to get better at it. Because it's just more fun, and you can actually tell, if you improved or not.

There should also be an endless mode, where the only purpose of that is to see how many blocks can you place before falling off.

I love this suggestion.
Challenge accepted.
Jk jk, I really love this idea. I would love to see my speed time and beat it whenever I can.
It's a yes from me.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Sounds fairly interesting, but I don't think a lot of people would bother playing it after a certain amount of time; even if competition was added to it instead of it being a simple practice for yourself. We kind of learnt from recent updates that new games start to die after a few weeks orso. Take for example Double EggWars or Battle Zone bootleg Fortnite. It seems to be a better idea to improve the games that still get played often or used to be played often instead of constantly comming up with new concepts.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
I would more consider this a resource to help people get better at bridging, rather than a “game”. This shouldn’t take very long to code either, as many mechanics are already in place from parcour

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I think I have seen similar suggestions before, I don't see the point with it though, as Snodia said, you can practice speed bridging on a single player world or Freebuild, it doesn't need a own gamemode.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
You can always start a timer, I mean, if you think it's such a job to remove blocks and practice, then maybe you should speed bridge. It's not really super needed on the server and it's very easy to pratice in a single player world.

(And apparently it wasn't possible to see that this is a quote to Spuuuni.)

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
it wont be that precise, also its annoying to climb back up once u fall

c r i n g e

Jul 25, 2016
reprotland.
No stop the speedbuild tryhard bridging. I just remember the days in 2016 when bridging was called hacks. Now all the tryharders do it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎂
parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
Top Bottom