Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
I've seen this on other servers, and it's pretty cool in my opinion. As far as I know, it's pretty easy to implement as well. (don't quote me on that)

So, for example, when you killed somebody with a bow, it would say how far the arrow travelled in the death message. For example, it could be like this:

Player1 shot Player2 from 32.5 blocks

How I (think) it could work:

1. When somebody shoots a bow, record their position.
2. When somebody gets hit with an arrow, record their position.
3. Check to see who killed who.
4. Subtract X coordinates, Y coordinates, and Z coordinates. Add them up to get the length of the shot.

I can elaborate if needed.

Reactions: DragonSan

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I mean, I guess it could be a neat thing, as long as it shows to the person that was shot and the person that shot the arrow only.
I can imagine all the spam with the bowspamming in OP mode.

Message would only show if its a kill shot, pretty sure I seen this on hypixel.
I don't really care too much for it though.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
I mean, I guess it could be a neat thing, as long as it shows to the person that was shot and the person that shot the arrow only.
I can imagine all the spam with the bowspamming in OP mode.
Message would only show if its a kill shot, pretty sure I seen this on hypixel.
I don't really care too much for it though.
I personally would want this sort of thing to see how long my shots are. Others would probably like it.
Said that it would only show on death. But thanks for the feedback.

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
Yeah I like this idea, I have seen it on a different server but I think it would be cool. But it only showed it if you killed them.

Jan 25, 2017
I've seen this on other servers, and it's pretty cool in my opinion. As far as I know, it's pretty easy to implement as well. (don't quote me on that)

So, for example, when you killed somebody with a bow, it would say how far the arrow travelled in the death message. For example, it could be like this:

4. Subtract X coordinates, Y coordinates, and Z coordinates. Add them up to get the length of the shot.

Well, I don't know if it will change the gameplay (lagg). If the server needs to put in every player his coördinations...I don't know what's going to happen.

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND

I would like too see this added aswell as what health there were on after the shot, but these two ideas are from hypixel so I think it would be cool to have something along these line but not the same.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
I would like too see this added aswell as what health there were on after the shot, but these two ideas are from hypixel so I think it would be cool to have something along these line but not the same.
If they add what health they are on, they should probably also add health on melee hits.
I don't really see the point of this
It's so that you know how far away you were when you killed someone with a bow. It's fun to try and break your record of farthest shots!

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

I like this idea, it would be cool to see how far way some of your shots really were when you hit. It makes you feel like a frickin' magician when you snipe a moving enemy off a bridge or something fromwhat seems like miles away xD It'd be cool to see just how difficult the shot was to pull off.

It's basically just for bragging rights, but hey everyone likes a lil' competition, right? : P +1

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
For everyone saying that it's pretty pointless, an alternative could be to show it in your stats in the lobby where it says how many kills you have etc it could say "Longest Shot: ____blocks" either ways, I really like this idea being someone who uses bows quite a lot.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
Top Bottom