Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Okay, so, hi. Yeah, I've been thinking about a good forums post for a while now, and my brain is dead, but I actually was starting to think about what has been happening inside the server itself, so I thought this was actually a pretty good idea. I know it's not that original, but at least it will help the server a bit. This is just a minor thing, it's not a very well made thread, just a quick one, but just give me your opinion.

So, in my time playing on Cube, I have seen many, many bots. If you don't know what a bot is/does, here is a quick recap; Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. They are downloaded, and are not players actually on the computer, programmed to do what the programmer wants them to. (Yes, I got it off the internet.) Online, bots are fake people that people can generate, and upload them onto the server. Many people have used them for spamming, which has gotten many of our staff to run around different lobbies for hours beyond hours muting and banning them. Annoying, right?
I am suggesting a bot prevention suggestion that may come into handy.
Now, I know this might not the most original, but I guess it's something. I think when new players can first join the server, they join into a lobby that you can only get into when you first join the server for the first time. You will have to click a sign to get into the main lobby, to proceed. You can only join it when it is your first time ever on the server, and there is no other way to join it again. On your second and so on time, you just join the regular main lobby. This way, the person that is uploading the bots will have to go through each and every one of them to get into the server to do their damage with spam, harmful words, etc. If they upload hundreds of bots, they will all be stuck in that lobby. It will be easier for the staff to see if they are bots or not.
I know it might take a while to make, but still, I think it might help. I know many people get annoyed when they see hundreds of bots spamming the same thing, ''Join such and such server, we're having a discount on ranks now!'' It gets utterly annoying, and I know some of the staff are tired of this. If it could be prevented, then I think it would at least reduce some amount of spam.

I will be editing this thread again, on the little feedback I may get. Tell me what you think, and if this is a good idea.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay, so, hi. Yeah, I've been thinking about a good forums post for a while now, and my brain is dead, but I actually was starting to think about what has been happening inside the server itself, so I thought this was actually a pretty good idea. I know it's not that original, but at least it will help the server a bit. This is just a minor thing, it's not a very well made thread, just a quick one, but just give me your opinion.

So, in my time playing on Cube, I have seen many, many bots. If you don't know what a bot is/does, here is a quick recap; Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. They are downloaded, and are not players actually on the computer, programmed to do what the programmer wants them to. (Yes, I got it off the internet.) Online, bots are fake people that people can generate, and upload them onto the server. Many people have used them for spamming, which has gotten many of our staff to run around different lobbies for hours beyond hours muting and banning them. Annoying, right?
I am suggesting a bot prevention suggestion that may come into handy.
Now, I know this might not the most original, but I guess it's something. I think when new players can first join the server, they join into a lobby that you can only get into when you first join the server for the first time. You will have to click a sign to get into the main lobby, to proceed. You can only join it when it is your first time ever on the server, and there is no other way to join it again. On your second and so on time, you just join the regular main lobby. This way, the person that is uploading the bots will have to go through each and every one of them to get into the server to do their damage with spam, harmful words, etc. If they upload hundreds of bots, they will all be stuck in that lobby. It will be easier for the staff to see if they are bots or not.
I know it might take a while to make, but still, I think it might help. I know many people get annoyed when they see hundreds of bots spamming the same thing, ''Join such and such server, we're having a discount on ranks now!'' It gets utterly annoying, and I know some of the staff are tired of this. If it could be prevented, then I think it would at least reduce some amount of spam.

I will be editing this thread again, on the little feedback I may get. Tell me what you think, and if this is a good idea.
this would be incredibly useful but not sure about how it would be possible in minecraft
so I support this but in a more hypothetical kind of way

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I don't think this is going to help much.
Said bots could simply just be verified manually & stock them up for advertising purposes. After that, it's as simple as repeating what they've been doing already.
They can also get around the current chat blocking system (can't chat if you haven't moved in a lobby) due to the bot probably following a movement command of some sort. This means that they can bypass the passive things that don't usually affect players. This is a problem since Cube probably doesn't want to hinder the actual player base when it comes to bot protection, and this current system really doesn't do much to be honest. It's time consuming, but extremely easy to stockpile "verified" alts.

Reactions: CyberAutumn
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom