Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JustDutch

Jun 29, 2016
Amsterdam
Hi guys,

Campers are annoying. No? What would you think about combating campers with a border after, for example, 15 minutes
Let me know in the comments and maybe Cube will add it?

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I am not sure about this, it could be a thing if the game takes way too long (30 minutes is long for me, 15 is just an annoying game, but that also depends on the map you're playing on) but on the other side, some friends who are last on a map like to make projects on these maps. I'm not sure about this one, but I would rather say no

We already have a building limit
That doesn't exactly work because of no projectiles mode in Skywars, however, even if we look at another mode, Lucky Islands for example, the build limit can get pretty high, not preventing skybasers at all :l

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
About what game are you talking?
I think you mean skywars, but you can just build to them since there is almost always, no projectiles.

And If you are talking about Lucky islands, I still say no. You can get different types If bows/wands to go to them.

So no

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
For this reply, I'm doing multiple senarios because I don't know what you are talking about. Please tell me which is the right one.

Senario 1: Border Gets Smaller like in SG.
Problems: What if my egg gets lost in the border (Meaning, I can't get to my egg because of the border.) and when I die, I spawn instany im the border and I die. Even worse, what if the shops get lost in the border and I can't buy stuff?:( <------- This is about Eggwars, because again, I don't know which mode you are talking about.
Senario 2: A Height Border So Campers Can't Build Too High
Solution: Already Have That
Senario 3: A Map Border So Campers Can't Build Outside Of Maps (Belive me, I have tried.)
Senario 4: A Height Border So Campers Can't Build Under Islands

Also, Did You Forget Mid Camping? How Will You Counter That?

Now, To The Comments You Made.

So you like to camp and wait? No thanks for that.

Dude, Don't Criticize @RemiO05 for disliking your thread and don't assume things you don't know. The Forums are supposed to be a happy place.

You can make life easier for staff by preventing camping

This would actually make lives easier for the staff because they wouldn't have to deal with complaints about the Implementation of this. :)

And as @RemiO05, @ItsDavey_ , and @Spuuuni said, I think you should tell us what YOU think a camper is, what mode you are talking about, and give an explanation on how the border works, how fast it is moving, where it's coming from, what happens when you cross the border, etc.

Oh, and one last thing, add a poll.:cool:

-TBC1

:uber_cubelet:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Dude, Don't Criticize @RemiO05 for disliking your thread and don't assume things you don't know. The Forums are supposed to be a happy place.
He's not really criticizing him, to be honest. OP's just assuming that he like to camp.

Anyways, the most logical thing I can assume with your information given, is that you'd like a vanilla border to close in towards the middle of the map in games like Skywars and Lucky islands, correct?
If that's the case, I'm highly against it. Campers don't only exist on their own island, but also on mid. What would you do if the border is about to take your island & you can't get to mid due to a mid camper? Same goes for lucky islands.
Besides, you could also wait for the second chest refill in skywars for ender pearls, which takes care of the camping problem (assuming they're camping on an island and not in the sky or something. That'd be reportable). Lucky islands doesn't even provide very much room to camp, since there's countless forms of travel in the game which help you combat camping.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom