1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#BlockWars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RobbyLuigi8, Jan 27, 2016.

1. RobbyLuigi8

RobbyLuigi8 Member

Hello CubeCraft! I am a fan of block wars, but there is one problem I have. The overtime mode isn't very good. It makes it harder to get the flag and usually (or for me many times) will end in a tie making the match worthless. I believe that the overtime mode should be like a deathmatch. As in, if you die, you are out until one team is entirely dead. Also something small is that some of the game modes should have a time limit e.x. Sky Wars and Egg wars can take more than an hour if the teams are camping. Of course, these are my personal opinions so if you don't wanna change, that's fine. I will still love the server and love playing it! :D

2. Cheez

Cheez Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

MVT - Most Valuable Topping
    Home Page:
    Overtime is easy if teamwork is involved! (You gotta move as one wave, eliminate the other team, get the flag while they have the respawn timer and voila)
    Also for the camping and long game issue, I suggested a player tracker (compass) that you receive after an amount of time has gone by in a game, I agree that this is a problem that must be addressed.

3. Roebahn

Roebahn Member

Loving all the chickens
    I think overtime is good as it is. Deathmatch wouldn't add something cool to the game I dont think. I've won many games in overtime so... Im sorry but -1

4. DutchLemur

DutchLemur Mod Staff Member Moderator

Agreed! :D

5. xMegaCoolx

xMegaCoolx Member

CubeCrafter
    Home Page:
    Should be nice. +1

Nah it ruined the gameplay a bit. If you get 30 seconds on the clock till it's tie, you need to rush for a kill and that -sometimes- make you death from falling off a bridge with your sweaty hands. ;) (I got a Tough life :()

6. RobbyLuigi8

RobbyLuigi8 Member

I'm not saying that it should end in a tie. I'm saying that maybe if the tie ends something happens to make everyone fight, like a huge dragon destroying blocks, or deleting all of the blocks people have placed around their egg. Of course, these are just suggestions, and it doesn't matter if they change it or not. It's still a fun server.

7. Roebahn

Roebahn Member

Loving all the chickens
    If someone is camping... You can report him after telling its not allowed, my eggwars games only take long when people camp...

8. Shakes_Beer

Shakes_Beer Member

We are talking about BLOCKwars :)

9. TheZigbot9000

TheZigbot9000 Mod Staff Member Moderator

To Be Honest, I really don't think you should mess with the game. The overtime was added to block wars to give each team some extra time to capture the flag, It was not Intended to ALWAYS end the game with a victory. There is nothing wrong with a tie. No bragging from the victory team :D

As for the camping in other games. Some games encourages camping due to the fact that you have to protect something, so games like Eggwars are going to take 30 to 90 minutes if camping teams still have an egg.

10. Roebahn

Roebahn Member

Loving all the chickens
    I know! But RobbyLuigi8 started talking about eggwars... So I answered that.