Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
1601114777704.png

As stated above you need to be 14 years old to become a helper and you must be staff on the Forums and Discord at least. However, if you are 14 or 15 and live in the Netherlands, you may not use Discord (Discord ToS). So now there is a possibility of becoming a helper but you can't use Discord. I think this needs to be changed in the Helper FAQ.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
who cares, if your 14 or 15 you can still use discord if you are 14 or 15 and you don't want to use discord cause you are not allowed to cause minimum age is 16 just don't apply. I don't think anything needs to be changed in helper faq. 14 and 15 year olds will use discord even tho it says your not allowed to in your country and if they dont want to then just dont apply. If this is big problem just up age for apply to 16

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
who cares, if your 14 or 15 you can still use discord
If you're Dutch and you're under the age of 16 you'll be kicked from the Cubecraft Discord AND your account could be unavailable until you reach the age of 16.
This could be very confusing for a lot of users who are Dutch or from another country with the minimum required age of 16 and want to join the staff-team , making it more clear won't hurt anything or anyone. In fact it would help a lot!

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
That text should be rewritten, not being able to moderate on one platform like Discord because of ToS shouldn't be a huge issue, the main platforms they should be focusing on are the actual Minecraft server itself and the forums which anyone already has access to.

just up age for apply to 16
They've already changed the age requirement before and I feel like there are a lot of users out there that have a lot of potential and are willing to do what a Helper does that are under the age of 16, you can already just tell since there are some moderators that aren't able to use the Discord server cause of ToS.

Once the staff member that happens to be banned because of ToS reaches the age requirement in their country and they're still moderating by then, they'll have access to Discord as well. I don't think the age for being able to become a Helper should be increased, it will just make a lot of users feel held back since I'm sure a lot of the player base is made out of players that are under the age of 16, it is a Minecraft server after all.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Not sure we can do this. We do a lot of staff things on discord and if someone can’t talk to the team or call with the team, then they’ll feel outcasted. A lot of being helper is getting comfortable with the rest of the staff and asking for guidance when needed (and having fun). If we were to add this, then we might have to move away from discord which I don’t think would be ideal as discord is one of the best tools for people to work together. Overall, this addition could cause an entire rework of how the staff team runs and is more than just changing a requirement.

Reactions: Meiske and wxzzrd

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Not sure we can do this. We do a lot of staff things on discord and if someone can’t talk to the team or call with the team, then they’ll feel outcasted. A lot of being helper is getting comfortable with the rest of the staff and asking for guidance when needed (and having fun). If we were to add this, then we might have to move away from discord which I don’t think would be ideal as discord is one of the best tools for people to work together. Overall, this addition could cause an entire rework of how the staff team runs and is more than just changing a requirement.
You're absolutely right.

This is really tough because I just feel like it'd be a shame to increase the age requirement.

Reactions: Technosword

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
This is a tough issue because there's not really many if any options that aren't going to hurt in some way. However no matter what, Cube can't keep hiring staff who don't meet Discord's ToS requirements. There are a few possibilities but they all have their own drawbacks

1 - Allow people who meet cube's requirements without caring about Discord's ToS:
- Easier for cube as they dont have to change anything
- User's accounts could get disabled at any time
- Official Cube server could get disabled at any time

2 - Make the overall age requirement 16:
- Doesn't break ToS
- Less good quality applicants

3 - Make underage stuff just not be staff on discord only:
- Doesn't break ToS
- Staff who get removed may seem like "outcasts"
- Could risk move further away from Discord
- Dissuades other applicants from applying

4 - Match Cube's age requirements with Discord's:
- Doesn't break ToS
- No staff have to be separate from the rest
- Slightly less good quality applicants

Based on the current situation, I feel like option 4 is the best that we currently have as the only real negatives is the fact that there are slightly less good quality applicants, however I feel like if someone has a Discord account and doesn't care about Discord's ToS isn't a good quality applicant as they either dont care or dont know about the rules. There's also not really any time to just leave people there or accept new people on the Discord who break ToS as we're way way too far into Discord's new rules. Other options would likely be far more viable if the admin team had actually shown any care in ensuring that they followed the ToS a the beginning of the release of the new rules, but they either didnt care or couldnt be bothered. However there's nothing we can do about that now, so that's why I feel like option 4 is the best bet.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom