Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alevi47

Jan 12, 2021
Bedrock Suggestion: Missions
Alevi47

As of late, I've been getting a little bored for the past couple weeks on Cubecraft. I've been playing Eggwars and Skywars for most of my time and occasionally dabbling in other gamemodes. I want something that will make my experience on the server a little different each time I log on. And I think it would be a great idea to add missions to Cubecraft.

For starters, as I mentioned earlier, it would give something new for players to do when playing on the server. It could make games more exciting, as you must devise a way for you to accomplish said objective. It would encourage players to play a large variety of Cubecraft's diverse range of games.

But what's in it for the players? What is the point of doing said missions? Well, one obvious thing to reward to the players is XP. The more quests you do, the faster you'll level up. Unfortunately, some players don't really have an incentive to grind for XP. Another type of reward would be some type of "Mission Currency" players would receive after completing a mission, then that currency could be used to buy cosmetics such as Prefixes (Lobby Titles), Win effects, Particle Effects, or any cosmetic for that matter. The price of these cosmetics would vary from item to item but essentially the less valuable/cool items would cost less, and vice versa.

How would these Missions work? My idea is that there are a specific amount of quests to do every week. After a week is passed, the missions will rotate with new missions, or returning missions, to do. The value of the reward/s you get varies from mission to mission, harder missions give you a better reward, and the opposite holds true for easier missions. If there is a currency to buy items, then the item shop itself would be located under the "select a mission" GUI. I think 5-7 missions a week would be a good amount, with 1-2 missions being difficult, 2-3 missions being moderate, and 2-3 missions being relatively easy.

What kinds of Missions could we see? Obviously, making objectives that change the status quo of a gamemode can be tough. And there is a point where missions could negatively impact a gamemode. But it doesn't have to be this way. In fact, Missions could be things like "Activate an Emerald Generator in EggWars", or "Collect all Different Power-Ups in Capture-the-Flag", these kinds of missions could make the game feel fresh, and also help out the player/team by accomplishing their mission.

Thank you for reading this ENTIRE thread, I've been thinking of this idea for a little while now and I really hope this feature will be added someday on the Bedrock Network. Anyways, I would really appreciate your thoughts on this theoretical feature and I would love to read them! 😄

Farewell,
Alevi47

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Bedrock Suggestion: Missions
Alevi47

As of late, I've been getting a little bored for the past couple weeks on Cubecraft. I've been playing Eggwars and Skywars for most of my time and occasionally dabbling in other gamemodes. I want something that will make my experience on the server a little different each time I log on. And I think it would be a great idea to add missions to Cubecraft.

For starters, as I mentioned earlier, it would give something new for players to do when playing on the server. It could make games more exciting, as you must devise a way for you to accomplish said objective. It would encourage players to play a large variety of Cubecraft's diverse range of games.

But what's in it for the players? What is the point of doing said missions? Well, one obvious thing to reward to the players is XP. The more quests you do, the faster you'll level up. Unfortunately, some players don't really have an incentive to grind for XP. Another type of reward would be some type of "Mission Currency" players would receive after completing a mission, then that currency could be used to buy cosmetics such as Prefixes (Lobby Titles), Win effects, Particle Effects, or any cosmetic for that matter. The price of these cosmetics would vary from item to item but essentially the less valuable/cool items would cost less, and vice versa.

How would these Missions work? My idea is that there are a specific amount of quests to do every week. After a week is passed, the missions will rotate with new missions, or returning missions, to do. The value of the reward/s you get varies from mission to mission, harder missions give you a better reward, and the opposite holds true for easier missions. If there is a currency to buy items, then the item shop itself would be located under the "select a mission" GUI. I think 5-7 missions a week would be a good amount, with 1-2 missions being difficult, 2-3 missions being moderate, and 2-3 missions being relatively easy.

What kinds of Missions could we see? Obviously, making objectives that change the status quo of a gamemode can be tough. And there is a point where missions could negatively impact a gamemode. But it doesn't have to be this way. In fact, Missions could be things like "Activate an Emerald Generator in EggWars", or "Collect all Different Power-Ups in Capture-the-Flag", these kinds of missions could make the game feel fresh, and also help out the player/team by accomplishing their mission.

Thank you for reading this ENTIRE thread, I've been thinking of this idea for a little while now and I really hope this feature will be added someday on the Bedrock Network. Anyways, I would really appreciate your thoughts on this theoretical feature and I would love to read them! 😄

Farewell,
Alevi47
This is already a planned feature.

• Wow
Reactions: Alevi47 and Adxm

Alevi47

Jan 12, 2021
(Well if it's on java then its most likely going to be added eventually )
Thank you for giving the bedrock players something new to complain about :banter: :banter:
What are the missions on Java like? Are they similar to what I proposed in my suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom