Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which suggestions do you like?

• Total voters

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Hello,

I have a few suggestions for Battle Zone. I'll list them below. Any comments, questions and ideas are welcome.

Resource pack settings
Personally I find it quite annoying having to walk to the resource pack NPC and installing the resource pack again every time I join Battle Zone. Sometimes I forget to do it resulting in me having to shoot melon seeds with a hoe again. I would love to see a way to enable automatic resource pack installation, where it automatically applies the resource pack to you whenever you join Battle Zone.

Resource pack sounds

With the new textures, I think it is also time for some sounds. Some of the current sounds are already quite good, but I would like to see some new sounds for some of the guns that are a bit more realistic and better suit the gun.

Healing potions
Combining new potion drinking sounds, custom resource pack names, and new textures, I would like to see the healing potions for everyone using the resource pack being replaced with other items that better suit the game of Battle Zone. An example would be replacing the basic, normal and advanced health potion with bandage, basic medkit and advanced medkit.

Worldborder countdown
With the worldborder countdown being added to the sidebar, I would also love to see this implemented in the bossbar that currently only shows the direction you're looking at. The bossbar's health is currently not used and I think it would be a perfect place to see the worldborder counting down before and while shrinking.

Egg grenades
The egg grenades aren't really working that well at the moment. If you pick them up or grab them from a chest, you can only place them in your hotbar or the inventory space right above. This means you can throw them, but you cannot use them as ammo for your grenade launcher. Sometimes when you drop them and pick them up again, they suddenly appear in your ammo bar, where you can use them for your launcher but not grab them out again. I'd like to see this changed, either by allowing the egg grenade launcher to use them as ammo regardless of where they're located in your inventory or by allowing players to move them around freely in their inventory. A third option would be placing them in the ammo bar by default and introducing a completely new way to throw them, for example by using the swap hands key (F) to throw them.

More grenade types
I would like to see more grenade types implemented in the future. I will list a few examples:
- Smoke grenades. These grenades generate smoke upon impact, for example using the "cloud" particle type.
- Stun grenades. These grenades stun any player nearby upon impact, for example by giving them slowness and blindenschrift effects and eventually temporarily disabling their ability to use guns.
- Poison grenades. These grenades spread poison gas upon impact. You probably wouldn't expect it, but this gas poisons any player in it.
- Fire/heat grenades. These grenades set nearby players on fire and eventually ignite some blocks upon impact.

Squad reviving
When a member of a squad is knocked down, it looks a bit weird how they are just sitting around on their ass waiting for a squad member to revive them (or not). I would like to see this changed to make it look better and more realistic. An example would be that a knocked down player will be lying on the ground. For the developer: You can achieve this by sending a PacketPlayOutBed to all players. I know for sure that this is possible because it is also used on other servers. This would look much more realistic rather than stupid.

Let me know what you think. If you vote on the poll, I would appreciate if you could explain your choices!

D

Deleted member 100818

Worldborder countdown
With the worldborder countdown being added to the sidebar, I would also love to see this implemented in the bossbar that currently only shows the direction you're looking at. The bossbar's health is currently not used and I think it would be a perfect place to see the worldborder counting down before and while shrinking.

Squad reviving
When a member of a squad is knocked down, it looks a bit weird how they are just sitting around on their ass waiting for a squad member to revive them (or not). I would like to see this changed to make it look better and more realistic. An example would be that a knocked down player will be lying on the ground. For the developer: You can achieve this by sending a PacketPlayOutBed to all players. I know for sure that this is possible because it is also used on other servers. This would look much more realistic rather than stupid.
Suggested and even escalated before if I'm correct.

Resource pack settings
Personally I find it quite annoying having to walk to the resource pack NPC and installing the resource pack again every time I join Battle Zone. Sometimes I forget to do it resulting in me having to shoot melon seeds with a hoe again. I would love to see a way to enable automatic resource pack installation, where it automatically applies the resource pack to you whenever you join Battle Zone.

Resource pack sounds

With the new textures, I think it is also time for some sounds. Some of the current sounds are already quite good, but I would like to see some new sounds for some of the guns that are a bit more realistic and better suit the gun.
Sure I guess, I never use that pack and I'm quite sure it's alreadu turned on automatically but I'm not going to do research for that reaction.

Healing potions
Combining new potion drinking sounds, custom resource pack names, and new textures, I would like to see the healing potions for everyone using the resource pack being replaced with other items that better suit the game of Battle Zone. An example would be replacing the basic, normal and advanced health potion with bandage, basic medkit and advanced medkit.
This has no value whatsoever, completely useless if you'd ask me.

Egg grenades
The egg grenades aren't really working that well at the moment. If you pick them up or grab them from a chest, you can only place them in your hotbar or the inventory space right above. This means you can throw them, but you cannot use them as ammo for your grenade launcher. Sometimes when you drop them and pick them up again, they suddenly appear in your ammo bar, where you can use them for your launcher but not grab them out again. I'd like to see this changed, either by allowing the egg grenade launcher to use them as ammo regardless of where they're located in your inventory or by allowing players to move them around freely in their inventory. A third option would be placing them in the ammo bar by default and introducing a completely new way to throw them, for example by using the swap hands key (F) to throw them.
Sounds good to me.

More grenade types
I would like to see more grenade types implemented in the future. I will list a few examples:
- Smoke grenades. These grenades generate smoke upon impact, for example using the "cloud" particle type.
- Stun grenades. These grenades stun any player nearby upon impact, for example by giving them slowness and blindenschrift effects and eventually temporarily disabling their ability to use guns.
- Poison grenades. These grenades spread poison gas upon impact. You probably wouldn't expect it, but this gas poisons any player in it.
- Fire/heat grenades. These grenades set nearby players on fire and eventually ignite some blocks upon impact.
If you could tell me what the rarity of those items are sure. Easy to create and easy to use. Although the last one might seem a bit too good to me. Setting players on fire makes them as good as 50% blind and is a bit overpowerd. Depending on the rarity ofcourse.

L

Lightning McQueen

I love the idea of “bandages” as basic health. I think thats a pretty wonderful idea. Its not useless because A. Its fun and B. It adds to immersion.

D

Deleted member 48685

Resource pack settings
Some people would find it rather annoying, since server resource packs slows their game down, or even crashes it.
Squad reviving
Yay
Healing potions
Do we really want the game to look even more like Fortnite. Sounds r fine
Resource pack sounds
why not

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
As I said, automatic resource pack installation should be toggleable. Those who don't want to use it can disable it.

I think the new healing stuff would make things more realistic and I'm sure many players will like that way of healing themselves.

The grenades will obviously require some balancing to make them not too rare and not too overpowered. For example if the fire grenades really turn out to be too strong, they can be either changed to spread less fire / do less damage or they can be very rare (for example Legendary or Mythical). This is something we just need to try and balance.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
Top Bottom