Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
That's irrelevant to this thread.......
If someone toggles then tough luck, they won't get banned.

Why would it be irrelevant? It's not really worth the trouble to go through all that just to get evidence when you can easily ban them. If someone got false banned, they can appeal. The report may get denied, but it's not like they can't bring this to the attention of higher staff. I hardly doubt most people can record constantly like you do. So this brings my attention back to another thing you said earlier about low quality videos. It actually does matter if you can't record at a rate of which you can actually see the evidence, it makes it pretty useless. Really is it too much trouble to go and appeal?

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Why would it be irrelevant? It's not really worth the trouble to go through all that just to get evidence when you can easily ban them. If someone got false banned, they can appeal. The report may get denied, but it's not like they can't bring this to the attention of higher staff. I hardly doubt most people can record constantly like you do. So this brings my attention back to another thing you said earlier about low quality videos. It actually does matter if you can't record at a rate of which you can actually see the evidence, it makes it pretty useless. Really is it too much trouble to go and appeal?

False bans would be a lot less if the staff member recorded the player. It would give them time to review the footage before confirming it's hacks, for the less obvious ones.
All staff I'm sure have previously recorded and reported hackers prior to becoming staff, otherwise how could they efficiently moderate the server and complete reports without having proved they can tell the difference between a hacker and a legitimate player?
I didn't say it was an effort to appeal a ban.
But video evidence will allow the banned player to see why they have been banned and to dispute it if they think it's unfair.
I know from friends that when they've been banned and there's no evidence, their appeal gets rejected. The moderators already made up their mind that the person was hacking.
It will allow other staff to give their opinion on the report if it gets appealed.
Why should a legitimate player have to spend time banned from their favourite server because they have to wait for an appeal to be rejected and either contact a more senior staff member, if they know how to, or wait out the ban, which I'm pretty sure many people do.

Jaldung

Novice Member
Feb 1, 2017
Sweden
m.youtube.com
Just a simple suggestion aimed at improving the game play for all players.

So basically, when a moderator+ is in game and they spot a hacker, they have the ability to immediately ban that hacker.
The problem is, there is many false bans occurring. I play with quite a few different people and have a discord set up with a lot of people from cube.
Quite a few of them have been banned in game without any evidence provided by the staff member.
Now I guess, 9/10 people that are banned this way are banned correctly, which is great, it allows the current game in progress to be played fairly and not ruined by a hacker.
But what about the people that are not hacking? The staff member has taken little time to actually consider if the player is hacking and bans him.
It happens.
I've seen it happen, even have a clip of a staff member watching someone pvp for about 4 seconds, and then leaving and banning the player.
I get that mistakes are made. And so that's why I suggest that staff make a quick recording of the offending player to provide some evidence against them.
The first thing I do, while mc is loading, is open my recording software. I actually record all my games, but that's unnecessary for anyone to do. So basically have it ready to use if required.
It will use very little resources while it is running in the background.
It will limit the amount of false bans being occurred.
Given there's 100k+ players online most days there's probably a few occasions where innocent players are falsely banned.
It won't make much difference to the banning of the player, it just means that there is evidence there if required for the player claiming a false ban.
Cubecraft are never false banning, they're very careful with theirs bans and mutes

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Don't mean to be rude, but maybe gather some facts before you post.
I know one player that's been false banned 4 times.

4 times? That's insane.
I normally get my recording up first before launching minecraft but like @DutchLemur said:

We as staff have to ban multiple hackers in a row. Sometimes it's just too much. Also, some staff don't have fast computers or a lot of space. Recording every single hacker won't work, sorry.

Sometimes you're in a skywars game for example, someone flies over and decides to use an illegal client, you die unprepared before you can record it while the player dies/leaves or toggles it off.
We record when we can but may not get it always.
There are times I hit record and it triggers lag spike so the recording shows my spikes, not clear evidence which I can not use, leaving me no choice but to stop recording and witnessing it myself.

Another dumb thing I've done is hit F9 (start/stop) wanting to record a suspected rule breaker, not knowing i had stopped my recording.
Then when I wanted to stop my recording, I hit F9 and it starts recording. It happens sometimes but other staff may have been doing the same thing as well.
So I agree, it's too much at times but it depends on the situation.

In short, we record when we can but won't be able to get all of them.

Reactions: Unfearful
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!!! 🍰
SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
Top Bottom